Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan (TSP stage 1) 2016 Mazda Miata Club (Brembo BBS pack)
Country flag
That's so funny,

Does your dealer know it's a Civic...???

I would love to see the smuck who buys that.
Sponsored

revin9k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s2000
Country flag
That's so funny,

Does your dealer know it's a Civic...???

I would love to see the smuck who buys that.
But let's all be honest with ourselves...it's not just a civic. The R&D that goes behind this car is probably on par with a GTR.

It's like calling the GTR "just a Nissan"

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
<quote> So, the hype for the type R has blown up and to prevent major disappointment, my GM has decided against taking deposits. I can shred your check or you may pick it up. Let me know which you prefer. I will keep your information and contact you when we get one in. Each dealer may receive 1 or 2 for the YEAR, as only 3,000 are being produced for the country! He will sell the vehicle for $25,000 markup, otherwise it will be a showroom piece. Would an si be of interest?
Vacaville Honda
751 Orange Drive
Vacaville, CA 95687
www.vacavillehonda.com

<quote>

haha... Ridiculous.
I guess they're keeping that car. Holy crap.
At least, for most of us, $25k is 'I'll be patient' money and not 'pshh whatever it's mine.'

Chee_hu

First Name
Sherwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
#611 Rallye Red CTR | 1998 Civic EX | 2007 Honda Fit Sport
Country flag
edit: the question is towards vader2k

^^^ BUAHAHAHHAHA wow, just wow!

Off topic, may I ask which dealer in the Sac area you have contacted? I've emailed every single one from Folsom, Roseville, Elk Grove, Sac, and no one seems to have any information. It's starting to be a good idea to wait for next year's production run.

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
Country flag
Hey fellas, I think we got a new mark-up champ!

Update out of the Sacramento, CA area.... I've been in contact with a few dealerships in the area. I hit up Vacaville Honda. Initially, they appears to be taking deposits ($500), and a waiting list. Long story short, I was 3rd in line. Anyway today, I got an email and a call from my rep. They cancelled the waiting list due to high demand. Here is their wack explanation.

Check it out....

<quote> So, the hype for the type R has blown up and to prevent major disappointment, my GM has decided against taking deposits. I can shred your check or you may pick it up. Let me know which you prefer. I will keep your information and contact you when we get one in. Each dealer may receive 1 or 2 for the YEAR, as only 3,000 are being produced for the country! He will sell the vehicle for $25,000 markup, otherwise it will be a showroom piece. Would an si be of interest?
Vacaville Honda
751 Orange Drive
Vacaville, CA 95687
www.vacavillehonda.com

<quote>

haha... Ridiculous.
Wow, what a way to treat a customer who had already left a deposit!:bonk: Plus they want 25K ADM :crazy: :lol: :rofl:
I would steer so clear of that stealership !! :flame:

vader2k

Darkside rider & Senior member
First Name
Alonzo-Ignacio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Type R. #433 (EPB). 07 Civic LX (TW)
Country flag
edit: the question is towards vader2k

^^^ BUAHAHAHHAHA wow, just wow!

Off topic, may I ask which dealer in the Sac area you have contacted? I've emailed every single one from Folsom, Roseville, Elk Grove, Sac, and no one seems to have any information. It's starting to be a good idea to wait for next year's production run.
Hey there Chee, I've contacted Elk Grove, Maita, Davis and Mel Rapton. I haven't tried Folsom or Roseville. They tend to gauge you. Anyway, let's stay in touch. I'm happy to share my progress and contact info. Best, A.

OP
OP
erbee

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
But let's all be honest with ourselves...it's not just a civic. The R&D that goes behind this car is probably on par with a GTR.

CTR doesn't have a hand build engine or supercar killing power. It has smaller engine, less drive wheels. Bottom line cheaper to build than it's competitor(RS,R). GTR doesn't share engine or chassis with another car . Meanwhile CTR engine is being used in a mid-size SUV in China. lmao

Last edited:

Chee_hu

First Name
Sherwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
#611 Rallye Red CTR | 1998 Civic EX | 2007 Honda Fit Sport
Country flag
Hey there Chee, I've contacted Elk Grove, Maita, Davis and Mel Rapton. I haven't tried Folsom or Roseville. They tend to gauge you. Anyway, let's stay in touch. I'm happy to share my progress and contact info. Best, A.
Oh ok. I appreciate the response. Folsom seem to be more friendly with their response, but, as of right now, still can't provide any solid info. Elk Grove has not replied at all which is sad because they're just down the street from the house. I've also contacted Bill Pearce Honda in Reno. Let's keep in touch for sure.

JDhonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 CTR #2043, 03 S2000, 05 Element, 69 Charger
Hey fellas, I think we got a new mark-up champ!

Update out of the Sacramento, CA area.... I've been in contact with a few dealerships in the area. I hit up Vacaville Honda. Initially, they appears to be taking deposits ($500), and a waiting list. Long story short, I was 3rd in line. Anyway today, I got an email and a call from my rep. They cancelled the waiting list due to high demand. Here is their wack explanation.

Check it out....

Vacaville Honda
751 Orange Drive
Vacaville, CA 95687
www.vacavillehonda.com

<quote>

haha... Ridiculous.
oh my god:confused1: $25,000 mark-up!
That is actually insane! I don't know who would pay 60,000 plus for a Type R. :crazy:

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan (TSP stage 1) 2016 Mazda Miata Club (Brembo BBS pack)
Country flag

slightly different, it is still a "Civic" it says it right on the back...

Your comparison would fall in line with more with the NSX.

Yes its still a Honda, and yes the GTR is a Nissan but both are the companies Halo car.

i was referring to the 25k markup which is asinine.

Not worth it don't care what kind of car it is

OP
OP
erbee

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
slightly different, it is still a "Civic" it says it right on the back...

Your comparison would fall in line with more with the NSX.

Yes its still a Honda, and yes the GTR is a Nissan but both are the companies Halo car.

i was referring to the 25k markup which is asinine.

Not worth it don't care what kind of car it is

No!!! My M3 is not a bmw 3 series. It's a M3!!!! M3!!! Don't call it BMW.

CTR is a top of the line performance version of a Civic. Nothing more, nothing less .

Eddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R 2014 Pilot 08 Mugen Si
Country flag

CTR is a top of the line performance version of a Civic. Nothing more, nothing less .
hahahaha OOOOOOKKKKKkkkkkkk

revin9k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s2000
Country flag

First thing, debadge the civic emblem. Because it literally shares nothing with a civic other than the actual frame.

Last edited:

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
oh my god:confused1: $25,000 mark-up!
That is actually insane! I don't know who would pay 60,000 plus for a Type R. :crazy:
That's the whole point. That dealer wants the Type R in the showroom. They are probably thinking - and are probably right - that the Type R in the showroom for the next few months will upsell other customers into an Si or a Hatchback Sport Touring. This makes more money for the dealer then selling the Type R right away. OTOH, if someone wants to pay, then everything is for sale.

There will be a lot more of this happening if dealers are really only getting one car to start. In a similar situation, the same thing happened with the other recent US-available production car to have "R" in its name.

OP
OP
erbee

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
First thing, debadge the civic emblem. Because it literally shares nothing with a civic other than the actual frame.
I should go remove my bmw logo and takeoff the letter 3. Cuz they share nothing compare to a 328.
Sponsored