Jonnys Honda Sport Touring Build Thread

spicy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Hatch Sport Touring 6SP
Vehicle Showcase
So the next photos will be a wrap, and diffusers!?!? Awesome. I look forward to seeing the progress, and the possibility of adding a set of diffusers to my pile of parts that have begun to form, before I've even taken possession of my car!

Keep it up bro, the progress is awesome.
Sponsored

slothy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
How's the ride on the Eibach sportlines? I'm debating whether I want to go pro-kit or sportline. My sport touring hatch is my daily driver, so I'm thinking of going pro-kit..What are your thoughts?

OP
OP
jonnys_honda

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How's the ride on the Eibach sportlines? I'm debating whether I want to go pro-kit or sportline. My sport touring hatch is my daily driver, so I'm thinking of going pro-kit..What are your thoughts?
I've had them for a few weeks now and it has been great. The drop is perfect. I have had my car loaded with 5 adults and it still rode very well. Taking corners has become a fun part of my commute (on/off ramps lol). It is still a comfortable ride.

I can't say much for the pro-kit since I've never tried a set. I'm glad I decided on the Sportlines. I wish you luck on whichever you decide.

slothy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've had them for a few weeks now and it has been great. The drop is perfect. I have had my car loaded with 5 adults and it still rode very well. Taking corners has become a fun part of my commute (on/off ramps lol). It is still a comfortable ride.

I can't say much for the pro-kit since I've never tried a set. I'm glad I decided on the Sportlines. I wish you luck on whichever you decide.
Thanks! Another concern of mine is that if I go sportlines, then I'm more than likely going to have to buy the adjustment kit which is just more $$$.

OP
OP
jonnys_honda

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks! Another concern of mine is that if I go sportlines, then I'm more than likely going to have to buy the adjustment kit which is just more $$$.
Yes, I would go pro-kit if you have a budget to maintain. Less money in parts and labor. Or just save for awhile longer and get the sportlines. Everything takes time. Nothing wrong with that ;)

CombsCivicHatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
+1^^

I've been sitting on these sportlines but I have to wait until I get paid to buy the camber arms. It's driving me crazy. But the patience pays off in the end, that way you do things right and have less regrets in the long run. :thumbsup:

slothy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
+1^^

I've been sitting on these sportlines but I have to wait until I get paid to buy the camber arms. It's driving me crazy. But the patience pays off in the end, that way you do things right and have less regrets in the long run. :thumbsup:
So you're recommending the sportlines too?

CombsCivicHatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I can't really say one way or the other, since I haven't installed them yet.

I chose the sportlines because they go lower.

cmanman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So you're recommending the sportlines too?
Sorry for hijacking your build thread @jonnys_honda but I thought I would add my 2 cents for @slothy as I also was debating between the Sportlines and Pro Kit, and ultimately decided on Sportlines. Mine is a daily driver and kid taxi as well and the car still rides great on Sportlines. As jonnys_honda has mentioned the Pro Kit is a nice subtle drop and Sportlines definitely go low. But the look/stance will turn heads...especially your own every time you walk away from the car!

slothy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sorry for hijacking your build thread @jonnys_honda but I thought I would add my 2 cents for @slothy as I also was debating between the Sportlines and Pro Kit, and ultimately decided on Sportlines. Mine is a daily driver and kid taxi as well and the car still rides great on Sportlines. As jonnys_honda has mentioned the Pro Kit is a nice subtle drop and Sportlines definitely go low. But the look/stance will turn heads...especially your own every time you walk away from the car!
Appreciate the 2 cents, and definitely noted! Apologies too, @jonnys_honda! Did you have to get the alignment kit as well though @cmanman?

OP
OP
jonnys_honda

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

slothy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Tear down progress
IMG_0672.JPG
Did you find it difficult removing the bumper? Semi-unrelated, I'm going to have to remove the front to replace the horn, but I haven't found any videos on bumper removal yet.

OP
OP
jonnys_honda

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you find it difficult removing the bumper? Semi-unrelated, I'm going to have to remove the front to replace the horn, but I haven't found any videos on bumper removal yet.
I'm not tearing the car down. Elite Wraps and Aeroflow are doing that.
Curious, where did you end up getting your car re-aligned after the drop ?
Went to a local shop called american tire and bought their 3year unlimited alignment package.
Sponsored