Hondata HPJ Review

cdmta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Lunar Silver
Country flag
I can't seem to fit my desktop into my car easily. Anybody try that?
Sponsored

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
Do you have to unlock the Flashpro before before bringing the car in for service, or just revert back to factory tune?
It sounds like you're asking if the FlashPro is compatible with work your dealer may do on your Civic? The FlashPro tune will not interfere with routine maintenance. For example, an oil change will in no way affect the Hondata tune, and vice versa. If you're getting your ECU reflashed by the dealer due to some recall or vehicle update, then you should completely unlock the FlashPro first to avoid any interference.

Last edited:

partialprint

First Name
Partial
Threads
Reaction score
Website
music.apple.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
funny how they left the spot to plug in so accessible
its like they want us to modify the car lol

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
funny how they left the spot to plug in so accessible
its like they want us to modify the car lol
I liked where it was better on my 8th gen SI, to the right of the steering wheel. That way when I was datalogging I just laid it on the passenger side out of the way and could leave it plugged in and lock it away when I got out. Now its just feels in the way if I leave it plugged in

Stevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback EXL Navi 2017
Vehicle Showcase
Does it void the dealer warranty if you flash, and can the dealer tell if you revert back to stock when you bring it in for service?

Rocandroll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic HB Sport 6 speed
Does it void the dealer warranty if you flash, and can the dealer tell if you revert back to stock when you bring it in for service?
Anyone have a definitive answer to this post??? Bought the extended warranty on my Sport HB w/6 speed and as I plan on driving it for 5yrs + would like to know...

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Anyone have a definitive answer to this post??? Bought the extended warranty on my Sport HB w/6 speed and as I plan on driving it for 5yrs + would like to know...
it will void the warranty if the tuner was the cause of the problem. They will blame it on the tuner if your transmissions fails since its added more power than what it came with.

if your engine blows with the tuner that will not be covered.
if a sensor ,alternator, starter, etc...fails that will be covered under warranty
transmission will not be covered

Rocandroll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it will void the warranty if the tuner was the cause of the problem. They will blame it on the tuner if your transmissions fails since its added more power than what it came with.

if your engine blows with the tuner that will not be covered.
if a sensor ,alternator, starter, etc...fails that will be covered under warranty
transmission will not be covered
Just so I'm clear, if one returned the ecu program to stock, the dealership would be able tell that it had been flashed out of stock, correct? Sorry if I sound lame and thanks again for the pervious rely.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Just so I'm clear, if one returned the ecu program to stock, the dealership would be able tell that it had been flashed out of stock, correct? Sorry if I sound lame and thanks again for the pervious rely.
if they really want to look into it. they can tell how many times the ecu has been written.

If something happened and it was the cause of the tuner and you return to stock for a warranty. That would be really dishonest and fraud.

Rocandroll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
if they really want to look into it. they can tell how many times the ecu has been written.

If something happened and it was the cause of the tuner and you return to stock for a warranty. That would be really dishonest and fraud.
Thanks again. I understand the ethical and legal issues and appreciate your answer to my "what if". My bad...

teebee288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2017 hatchback sport, Mazda CX-3 2017, polaris rzr 1000s 2017
Country flag

Dealer will not see anything if you flash back to stock, they will only see that the ecu was flash...that's it. i work with diagnostic tool every day and none of
Thanks again. I understand the ethical and legal issues and appreciate your answer to my "what if". My bad...

Worked in a garages since 18 years and talk to a lot of guys running flashpro, nerver heard one story of honda refusing internal repair because they fond ecu was flashed...never. I work with 12000$ diagnostic tool every day and i can't tell what was flashed with those tool (same as dealer ) Dealer need to send ecu to honda. Remove bolton and flash to stock.

TurboBlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
For those concerned about the long term reliability of the 1.5T engine with this added power from the FlashPro, consider this information that was recently shared with us:

When Honda developed this engine, they configured and tuned it to around a 300 hp level for endurance testing. During this endurance test, they had the engine running flat out at peak TORQUE (around 3000 rpm) for 400 hours, and then at maximum HP for another 100 hours. This is about 20 days straight of running the engine at these high power levels. The engine passed both these tests. In other words, Honda has built an extremely reliable and robust engine here.
That's awesome to hear, where did you get this information from?

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
That's awesome to hear, where did you get this information from?
I'd rather not say, but it is from a very reliable source and I have no reason to doubt that information. :)

SlowRideL15B

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Si
I leaned out my 1015% across-the-board and it screwed so crazy. Really want an egt. Worried I'm going to melt something. Knock -6 to -7 fuel 10:1 wot.
Sponsored