mygum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-L
i havent but will eventually when the weather permits or if i decide to not be a lazy ass :)
Did you take the grill off? If not did you use anything to cover the areas that you didn't want the spray to touch?
Sponsored

mokylim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic LX-P
Country flag
Did you take the grill off? If not did you use anything to cover the areas that you didn't want the spray to touch?
i did take grill off and for you do that you would also need to take the bumper off. it took me and my buddy about an hour just to do that (not knowing where or what needs to be unscrewed). i suggest you just mask everything and anything around the grill with newspaper + painters tape and just spray,it'll be a lot easier that way.

ichii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe and 2011 CR-Z
Country flag
i did take grill off and for you do that you would also need to take the bumper off. it took me and my buddy about an hour just to do that (not knowing where or what needs to be unscrewed). i suggest you just mask everything and anything around the grill with newspaper + painters tape and just spray,it'll be a lot easier that way.
I'm doing mine right now, did you cover up the emblem? I ordered a red emblem when it arrives sometime late next week or the following week.

mokylim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic LX-P
Country flag
I'm doing mine right now, did you cover up the emblem? I ordered a red emblem when it arrives sometime late next week or the following week.
the emblem came off and is not part of the grill when i took apart the front end.

mygum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-L
do you think that if i dont remove the grille, it'd be harder to get inside and wouldnt be even looking?

ichii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
do you think that if i dont remove the grille, it'd be harder to get inside and wouldnt be even looking?
Just finished mine, I didn't remove the bumper just make sure you cover the little gaps don't want it to get on the intercooler. I did about 8 coats, but I only used one can, not sure if I didn't apply enough. Overall I'm happy with it, some spots I didn't cover too well and got plasti dip in the cracks and I couldn't really get it out. Have to wait for my red emblem to finish off the look.

Honda Civic 10th gen Official AEGEAN BLUE Civic Thread IMG_2539.JPG

mokylim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic LX-P
Country flag
there would be spots that you wont be able to spray into and itll be the same areas where it wont be noticable until you really get close and look. so i wont be bothered by the hidden areas if i were you.

mokylim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic LX-P
Country flag
Just finished mine, I didn't remove the bumper just make sure you cover the little gaps don't want it to get on the intercooler. I did about 8 coats, but I only used one can, not sure if I didn't apply enough. Overall I'm happy with it, some spots I didn't cover too well and got plasti dip in the cracks and I couldn't really get it out. Have to wait for my red emblem to finish off the look.

IMG_2539.JPG
looks great! nice work.

mygum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-L

IMG_2539.JPG
looks good! how long did that take you? you used masking tape and newspaper?

mygum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-L
DONT use masking tape. it'll leave residue on your paint. use painters blue tape like i mentioned lol
oh ok. i thought masking take was the same thing as painters tape. LOL.. thanks.

ichii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
looks good! how long did that take you? you used masking tape and newspaper?
I used blue painters tape and newspaper. it took me about 1-1/2 hours I did a coat every 10-15 mins. I also put the spray can in warm water too.

mygum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-L
DONT use masking tape. it'll leave residue on your paint. use painters blue tape like i mentioned lol
Lowes doesn't have that satinizer. But they have a glossifier. What do u think?

mokylim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic LX-P
Country flag
Lowes doesn't have that satinizer. But they have a glossifier. What do u think?
check Home depot if you can. if not, then FYI, glossifier will turn it glossy not matte. not sure how you want it to turn out.

mokylim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic LX-P
Country flag
just asked my buddy who bought the satinizer. he picked it up from Pep boys
Sponsored