First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I use the fog lights so infrequently that I wouldn't find it a huge omission. Although it being on the window sticker is, quite frankly, stupid on Honda's part.

It's like how they market the tail lights as LED, when the actual bulbs that light up when you brake are incandescent. :doh: (7440s FTW)
Sponsored

RBorden629

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
For a light that's stagnant and not flashed often, halogen fogs are completely fine. In fact, as OP said, if you intend to use foglights as they're meant to, halogen bulbs are far better. LEDs look cool, but only if they're integrated into the design of the car ala Accord, MB, etc.

@RBorden629 you got a $300 option while they could have just said fine and installed $20 aftermarket LED bulbs for you. It really isn't that big of a deal, even though I know you feel you were gravely wronged.

Anyway, OP, car looks fantastic! Door dings and chips are inevitable...the earlier you give up, the better your life will be :p
I agree, I made out in this situation. But I also purchased two Civics at once
1) 2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring White two tone color
2) 2017 Civic Hatchback EX Black
So all and all I am satisfied in this resolution.
By the way after market LED fogs are $97 on Amazon.

OP
OP

Alex2893

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring Polished Metal
Country flag
For a light that's stagnant and not flashed often, halogen fogs are completely fine. In fact, as OP said, if you intend to use foglights as they're meant to, halogen bulbs are far better. LEDs look cool, but only if they're integrated into the design of the car ala Accord, MB, etc.

@RBorden629 you got a $300 option while they could have just said fine and installed $20 aftermarket LED bulbs for you. It really isn't that big of a deal, even though I know you feel you were gravely wronged.

Anyway, OP, car looks fantastic! Door dings and chips are inevitable...the earlier you give up, the better your life will be :p
All fixed !!! My local honda dealer service center is top notch. Super nice people. $80 to fix the dent and the side trim piece was free as it was like that from the dealership. also had my alignment done and everything's nicely back aligned. $99(stupid potholes). then i bought wheel locks and they installed them for free.

Honda Civic 10th gen Bought a Civic Hatchback Sport Touring in polished metal :D 33059682265_55a3bc850e_b
20170222_170545 by Alex Littig, on Flickr
Honda Civic 10th gen Bought a Civic Hatchback Sport Touring in polished metal :D 33059682215_9ee589a251_b
20170222_170510 by Alex Littig, on Flickr

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
All fixed !!! My local honda dealer service center is top notch. Super nice people. $80 to fix the dent and the side trim piece was free as it was like that from the dealership. also had my alignment done and everything's nicely back aligned. $99(stupid potholes). then i bought wheel locks and they installed them for free.

Honda Civic 10th gen Bought a Civic Hatchback Sport Touring in polished metal :D 33059682265_55a3bc850e_b
20170222_170545 by Alex Littig, on Flickr
Honda Civic 10th gen Bought a Civic Hatchback Sport Touring in polished metal :D 33059682215_9ee589a251_b
20170222_170510 by Alex Littig, on Flickr
That color looks so much better in your pics that I've seen before, glad they were able to fix out the issues...but an alignment already? I'm at 26k+ and I'm straight as can be...

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
I agree, I made out in this situation. But I also purchased two Civics at once
1) 2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring White two tone color
2) 2017 Civic Hatchback EX Black
So all and all I am satisfied in this resolution.
By the way after market LED fogs are $97 on Amazon.
Quality LED fogs are $97 on amazon...on ebay they're cheaper than the shipping costs from China haha.

I'm glad you got it resolved though!

Also, who got the nicer hatchback - you or the missus haha

OP
OP

Alex2893

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring Polished Metal
Country flag
That color looks so much better in your pics that I've seen before, glad they were able to fix out the issues...but an alignment already? I'm at 26k+ and I'm straight as can be...
Let me tel like you I obliterated that pothole lol. I caused a earthquake when I hit it... I hit it at 50 mph. It was a 3 foot long by 1 foot wide and like 2-3 inches deep. I hit it long ways so the tires had time to sink into the hole. The sound it make when it hit made me think I lost the whole wheel lol.

RBorden629

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Quality LED fogs are $97 on amazon...on ebay they're cheaper than the shipping costs from China haha.

I got the Sport Touring...lol

LunarSilverTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring , 2000 Honda S2000, 1993 Honda Del sol
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There is LED foglight housings but not in the USA or Canada.
Australia, Thailand, Brazil have them though

Honda Civic 10th gen Bought a Civic Hatchback Sport Touring in polished metal :D IMG_3629.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bought a Civic Hatchback Sport Touring in polished metal :D IMG_3630.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bought a Civic Hatchback Sport Touring in polished metal :D IMG_3631.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bought a Civic Hatchback Sport Touring in polished metal :D IMG_3632.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bought a Civic Hatchback Sport Touring in polished metal :D IMG_3633.PNG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bought a Civic Hatchback Sport Touring in polished metal :D IMG_3634.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bought a Civic Hatchback Sport Touring in polished metal :D IMG_3635.PNG

Last edited:

RBorden629

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

I got the Sport Touring and the misses got the EX. She didn't want all the electronics.
Sponsored