2016 Sedan didn't start today

CivicLX2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
My 2016 Civic LX sedan wouldn't start until the fourth try...engine tried to turn over on the first three attempts..not a battery issue, all lights working

Fourth attempt I gave it some gas I turned ignition. And that's when it finally turned over and started

Car has plenty of gas

20 percent according to dash, but I checked oil and it's pretty damn low.

Should I just add my own until my scheduled oil change next Saturday? Or bring it early?

Any other ideas as to why my car wouldn't start.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic coupe lx
Vehicle Showcase
So
My 2016 Civic LX sedan wouldn't start until the fourth try...engine tried to turn over on the first three attempts..not a battery issue, all lights working

Fourth attempt I gave it some gas I turned ignition. And that's when it finally turned over and started

Car has plenty of gas

Should I just add my own until my scheduled oil change next Saturday? Or bring it early?

Something similar happened to me yesterday, it cranks fine, it just doesn't actually start, got it on the 3rd attempt, totally fine now, it was directly after an oil change.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Car has plenty of gas

I'd be wondering why the oil is low.

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag

Car has plenty of gas

Lights working fine does not = battery is fine.. If you dont take long trips once in a while you might need to charge the battery..

Literally last week... My moms 2013 accord did not want to start.. Had to jump it.. Lights and everything else were also fine... Didnt want to drive to dealer so went to the local parts store.. Battery test showed that the battery was fine but needed a charge.. But not a replacement..

Mom lives in spain... Car is in the u.s. dont ask... Just gonna have to take it out for a long ride every month or so.. Instead of the weekly grocery run...

OP
OP
CivicLX2016

CivicLX2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Lights working fine does not = battery is fine.. If you dont take long trips once in a while you might need to charge the battery..

Literally last week... My moms 2013 accord did not want to start.. Had to jump it.. Lights and everything else were also fine... Didnt want to drive to dealer so went to the local parts store.. Battery test showed that the battery was fine but needed a charge.. But not a replacement..

Mom lives in spain... Car is in the u.s. dont ask... Just gonna have to take it out for a long ride every month or so.. Instead of the weekly grocery run...

I appreciate everyone's comments.

Perhaps I should drive it to auto parts store and have battery tested.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I appreciate everyone's comments.

Perhaps I should drive it to auto parts store and have battery tested.
Definitely wouldn't hurt to get it checked, especially with the drama of winter. Mine's been fine, but I'm sure OEM batteries aren't top notch.

That being said, it is cute how they're tucked away in a little blanket of insulation.

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
Definitely wouldn't hurt to get it checked, especially with the drama of winter. Mine's been fine, but I'm sure OEM batteries aren't top notch.

That being said, it is cute how they're tucked away in a little blanket of insulation.
Ya.. My 13 accord needed a new batt at 2yrs/ about 30k miles.. So it was warrantied... Service writer thought i was out of warranty and telling me id get a good deal if i did it.. I told her shes right since imma pay $0.. Then she realized it.. Anyways.. Once it was changed i was surprised.. Completely different looking battery and a new piece of harness attached to it.. Started better everyday after that.. Even from the day i bought it

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Low battery voltage won't allow ignition electronics/plugs to fire but starter will draw enough current to (slowly) crank engine. Make sure battery clamps are tight - shouldn't be able to move them by hand. If car is more than a few months old you might want to check for corrosion on terminals.
Either can result in hard starting, poor idling, and undercharging of battery.

pwschuh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX 6-speed
Country flag
I'd be wondering why the oil is low.
^^^ This. There is absolutely no reason a 2016 LX should be low on oil, unless an error was made during your last oil change. This has nothing to do with your car not starting but is a more worrying issue.

OP
OP
CivicLX2016

CivicLX2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
^^^ This. There is absolutely no reason a 2016 LX should be low on oil, unless an error was made during your last oil change. This has nothing to do with your car not starting but is a more worrying issue.

Thanks! I will have my dealership check for leaks and let them know the oil is low...and also to check battery, alternator and starter...
Sponsored