Shortbus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Fit Blue Sensation
Of course it's the 10th gen. They wouldn't be teasing the current gen Civic :)

Compared to the current gen the silhouette looks like a vast improvement and has a much more coupe-like roofline.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic Sedan silhouette teaser from Honda {filename}

You don't realize the huge difference in shape until you see both like that. Only problem is if grew too much in size. Guess we'll know soon how much it grew by
Sponsored

EmperorHondus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Accord, 2002 Mazda Protege
In any case, it's great to finally have something official from Honda to go by. I just can't imagine the Si sedan and coupe not being released shortly thereafter.

CaptK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru XV Crosstek
Even if it grew in size the more fastback greenhouse will make it look less like a mid-full size sedan. It's got a great silhouette just judging by that little teaser.

4DBox

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Silver EXT, 2018 Volt
Country flag
I really like the new profile from Honda, it promises a better design than we've conjured up so far. IMO the patent drawings look generic and not at all like a Civic. The blue render looks like Hyundai or Kia, meh. The new hood lines and front end have had me worried that Honda had infused some Altima into the mix, but the profile tells me no, thank god.
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic Sedan silhouette teaser from Honda upload_2015-8-26_13-14-3

CaptK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru XV Crosstek
I really like the new profile from Honda, it promises a better design than we've conjured up so far. IMO the patent drawings look generic and not at all like a Civic. The blue render looks like Hyundai or Kia, meh. The new hood lines and front end have had me worried that Honda had infused some Altima into the mix, but the profile tells me no, thank god.
Hmm I see very little Altima in the front end in either the patent images or concept.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic Sedan silhouette teaser from Honda ext-010-15TDI_ALTmyu150-large

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic Sedan silhouette teaser from Honda ext-010-15TDI_ALTmyu150-large

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic Sedan silhouette teaser from Honda 9d721a88b8a2d38247d260c91db55cadx

C Note

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
+1 this outline shape is already better than the patent images which really did not look very good at all compared to the concept.

NIN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hondas 4 life
You can mod the front end and hood. The same can't be said of the roofline so I'm glad it seems they made it much more athletic looking.

Tuttle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBR600RR
The Civic Concept has the wide front end grille I'm looking for. If they give us something more of an ILX look I will be disappointed. Of course either way I would black out the grille

Emina

Threads
Reaction score
So when's the next teaser. Only 2 weeks until the reveal... how about every Tues? Any reps from Honda here?? :)

randY49

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thetailpipe.com
Vehicle(s)
1988 CRX Si, 2015 Civic Si
Country flag
So when's the next teaser. Only 2 weeks until the reveal... how about every Tues? Any reps from Honda here?? :)
I emailed their media relations about the silhouette because it is still not posted anywhere that I can find. I'll let you know if they respond.

EmperorHondus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
While we shoot the shit as we await the revelation of this model, does anyone have any contingency plans in case it's somehow disappointing? Though I'm obviously a huge enthusiast of Honda, I've been tempted by cars like the Fiesta ST, and even the WRX on the more expensive side of the spectrum. I don't mean to commit blasphemy, just making conversation.:)

randY49

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thetailpipe.com
Vehicle(s)
1988 CRX Si, 2015 Civic Si
Country flag
While we shoot the shit as we await the revelation of this model, does anyone have any contingency plans in case it's somehow disappointing? Though I'm obviously a huge enthusiast of Honda, I've been tempted by cars like the Fiesta ST, and even the WRX on the more expensive side of the spectrum. I don't mean to commit blasphemy, just making conversation.:)
Personally, the Focus ST would be more likely than the Fiesta. The current Si has more power than it does, plus I like the additional size of the Focus. The GTI is always out there, but that is a little 'vanilla' in my opinion.

EmperorHondus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Personally, the Focus ST would be more likely than the Fiesta. The current Si has more power than it does, plus I like the additional size of the Focus. The GTI is always out there, but that is a little 'vanilla' in my opinion.
What I like about about the Fiesta ST is that it's over 400 pounds lighter than its big brother, and that is palpable when you drive the two back to back. As for the GTI, I don't think it's really a hot hatch in the traditional sense. More of a budget Audi these days. Alas, I leased a 2008 GTI (mk5) for three years, and was relieved to give it back. Gremlins galore, apart from its massive oil consumption.

Izze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ILX
Focus ST for me. Or used FR-S which can be pretty cheap.

10GenCVT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Coupe EX-T
I'm coming from a leased 2014 Fiesta ST and I'm looking forward to the Civic because of more space (new baby) and better gas mileage while hopefully not sacrificing too much power. The Fiesta ST is a fun car though and I have mostly positive things to say about it for the ~2 years I've had it.
Sponsored