Katzkin Leather vs OEM Leather

Molatte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Hello.

Today I wanted to get my pinstripes removed at the dealer where I bought my Touring. While waiting for the answer from the service manager, I browsed through the selections they had inside of the dealer and one of them was an Accord Sport w/ Katzkin Red Leather. Of course I got in to try the feel of the leather; and it was very comforting. In fact, it was so comforting I was very tempted to get myself one of these leathers installed for my Touring.

The question is, for anyone who's ever had Katzkin leather or even had their original leather switched with katzkin, do you agree with what I've said? After getting back to my car, I found that the leather quality is day and night when it comes to comfort.

Thank you! ;)
Sponsored

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Katzkin is absolute top notch, but you also pay for that premium. I've seen a few interiors swapped out with their kits in my day and all of them are as good/better than OEM fit, but with premium material.

Maybe @aLL STaR Gene could give you his thoughts. He upgraded to a Katzkin interior.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
Hello.

Today I wanted to get my pinstripes removed at the dealer where I bought my Touring. While waiting for the answer from the service manager, I browsed through the selections they had inside of the dealer and one of them was an Accord Sport w/ Katzkin Red Leather. Of course I got in to try the feel of the leather; and it was very comforting. In fact, it was so comforting I was very tempted to get myself one of these leathers installed for my Touring.

The question is, for anyone who's ever had Katzkin leather or even had their original leather switched with katzkin, do you agree with what I've said? After getting back to my car, I found that the leather quality is day and night when it comes to comfort.

Thank you! ;)
I find the bottom seat cushion of my cloth Sport very hard, do you think the leather helps that?

aLL STaR Gene

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Honda Integra Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Katzkin has a few options for leather, suede, etc. and I have the suede in my coupe BUT we've done the leather and yes, it's really, really, really comfortable. Granted the cost may be more than a lot would want to spend but as an alternative to an OEM look, you can pick and choose your colors, fabrics and pattern.

Here's a shot of mine:
Honda Civic 10th gen Katzkin Leather vs OEM Leather tjin_civic_3-

Last edited:
OP
OP
Molatte

Molatte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Katzkin is absolute top notch, but you also pay for that premium. I've seen a few interiors swapped out with their kits in my day and all of them are as good/better than OEM fit, but with premium material.

Maybe @aLL STaR Gene could give you his thoughts. He upgraded to a Katzkin interior.
Yesterday, the Accord Sport that had the Katzkin was very luxurious on the inside because of it. That black color w/ maroon-ish leather seats just mesh very well as well as the dark interior of the sport. Absolutely gorgeous. I was very tempted to trade in my touring there and then but cooler heads prevailed.

I find the bottom seat cushion of my cloth Sport very hard, do you think the leather helps that?
'

Yes! Yesterday the comfort made me very relaxed that I didn't want to get out of the car, lol. When I got back to my touring, the seats felt very hard in comparison. Plus the sport already has lumbar support which is icing on the cake when I tried it out yesterday.

Katzkin has a few options for leather, suede, etc. and I have the suede in my coupe BUT we've done the leather and yes, it's really, really, really comfortable. Granted the cost may be more than a lot would want to spend but as an alternative to an OEM look, you can pick and choose your colors, fabrics and pattern.

Here's a shot of mine:
Honda Civic 10th gen Katzkin Leather vs OEM Leather tjin_civic_3-
God that is gorgeous! How much did that suede + Leather combo cost you? And correct me if I'm mistaken, but aren't suede more prone to scratches than cloth? What made you get suede?

aLL STaR Gene

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Honda Integra Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
God that is gorgeous! How much did that suede + Leather combo cost you? And correct me if I'm mistaken, but aren't suede more prone to scratches than cloth? What made you get suede?
This was a SEMA car that was done for the Honda booth so I got a deal on the interior, not 100% sure what it usually sells for. Suede is a little harder to keep clean, etc. but I'm pretty cautious - I've done both leather and suede before but I've been a a suede binge lately so that's why I did majority of it that way.

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yesterday, the Accord Sport that had the Katzkin was very luxurious on the inside because of it. That black color w/ maroon-ish leather seats just mesh very well as well as the dark interior of the sport. Absolutely gorgeous. I was very tempted to trade in my touring there and then but cooler heads prevailed.

'

Yes! Yesterday the comfort made me very relaxed that I didn't want to get out of the car, lol. When I got back to my touring, the seats felt very hard in comparison. Plus the sport already has lumbar support which is icing on the cake when I tried it out yesterday.

You may be able to order in Alcantara instead of suede. Much more durable and looks exactly the same. I've got 14 year old Alcantara seats in my WRX and they are still perfect.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
You may be able to order in Alcantara instead of suede. Much more durable and looks exactly the same. I've got 14 year old Alcantara seats in my WRX and they are still perfect.
Nobody uses real suede, it's probably alcantara. I had that on my steering wheel, the oil & sweat turned it nasty in a couple years so if you're a sweaty guy it's probably better to get leather.

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nobody uses real suede, it's probably alcantara. I had that on my steering wheel, the oil & sweat turned it nasty in a couple years so if you're a sweaty guy it's probably better to get leather.
Ya, I had a Sparco steering wheel before that didn't hold up too. But a steering wheel and seats are very different when it comes to wear.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Honda CRX Si
Hello.

Thank you! ;)
I use to install Katzkin interiors. They are very good quality. Second only to Road Wire brand. A sister in law company to Katzkin.

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
What's the total cost usually come in at for doing the front seats? I looked on their site and it showed $2200 MSRP for Civic, but I assume that's not including labor.