Hondata HPJ Review

teebee288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2017 hatchback sport, Mazda CX-3 2017, polaris rzr 1000s 2017
Country flag
Hello new here, i live in quebec Canada, here honda dealer dont search to find a reflash footprint in the ecu, dealer doing internal repair even if your véhicule was flashed. I know a tons of people running flashpro in their civic and never heard no one have problem with internal repair claim. Always flash to stock and remove bolt ons before carring to dealer, they can see the reflash if they search enough in the ecu but a reflash let the same footprint as an honda update softwear. Here any tuning shop can doing these honda softwear update, so if dealer see the footprint you tell them a shop did a honda update and they can't see nothing more. my flashpro is on the way, i've had a big deal with hondata cause my ecu is not covered yet, i have 17 hatch sport 6MT. I will doing custom tune in 2 week and probably post result on the forum if people want to see it!
Sponsored

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello new here, i live in quebec Canada, here honda dealer dont search to find a reflash footprint in the ecu, dealer doing internal repair even if your véhicule was flashed. I know a tons of people running flashpro in their civic and never heard no one have problem with internal repair claim. Always flash to stock and remove bolt ons before carring to dealer, they can see the reflash if they search enough in the ecu but a reflash let the same footprint as an honda update softwear. Here any tuning shop can doing these honda softwear update, so if dealer see the footprint you tell them a shop did a honda update and they can't see nothing more. my flashpro is on the way, i've had a big deal with hondata cause my ecu is not covered yet, i have 17 hatch sport 6MT. I will doing custom tune in 2 week and probably post result on the forum if people want to see it!
Welcome to the forum and good luck on your tuning and please do post results, we all love posted dyno proven results

teebee288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2017 hatchback sport, Mazda CX-3 2017, polaris rzr 1000s 2017
Country flag
Welcome to the forum and good luck on your tuning and please do post results, we all love posted dyno proven results

Tanks and yes i will show my results here on the forum. My local tuner (one of my friend) did a lot flashpro tuning on the past gen civic witch Required a lot more tunnig then the 10th gen.

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
"Glad i have an LX" said no one ever lol

I drove a full bolt on FlashPro tuned 8th gen SI to over 100k miles.
For those concerned about the long term reliability of the 1.5T engine with this added power from the FlashPro, consider this information that was recently shared with us:

When Honda developed this engine, they configured and tuned it to around a 300 hp level for endurance testing. During this endurance test, they had the engine running flat out at peak TORQUE (around 3000 rpm) for 400 hours, and then at maximum HP for another 100 hours. This is about 20 days straight of running the engine at these high power levels. The engine passed both these tests. In other words, Honda has built an extremely reliable and robust engine here.

Last edited:

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For those concerned about the long term reliability of the 1.5T engine with this added power from the FlashPro, consider this information that was recently shared with us:

When Honda developed this engine, they configured and tuned it to around a 300 hp level for endurance testing. During this endurance test, they had the engine running flat out at max TORQUE for 400 hours, and then at maximum HP for another 100 hours. This is about 20 days straight of running the engine at these high power levels. The engine passed both these tests. In other words, Honda has built an extremely reliable and robust engine here.
Going to save and quote this over and over if you don't mind to people who question the engine. Now, was this test run with the CVT transmission, the MT or on an Engine dyno only? because people are questioning the CVT as well. Thanks for this information

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Going to save and quote this over and over if you don't mind to people who question the engine. Now, was this test run with the CVT transmission, the MT or on an Engine dyno only? because people are questioning the CVT as well. Thanks for this information
I think this test was focused more on the engine durability, and I'm not sure what kind of transmission (if any) they had attached to the engine when this happened. Most likely it was just an engine dyno they used with no transmission attached.

As far as transmission reliability, the CVT will not be able to handle as much torque as the M/T. The FlashPro tune stays well within the CVT limit.

Last edited:

andyboyd102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag

When Honda developed this engine, they configured and tuned it to around a 300 hp level for endurance testing. During this endurance test, they had the engine running flat out at max TORQUE for 400 hours, and then at maximum HP for another 100 hours. This is about 20 days straight of running the engine at these high power levels. The engine passed both these tests. In other words, Honda has built an extremely reliable and robust engine here.

When Honda developed this engine, they configured and tuned it to around a 300 hp level for endurance testing. During this endurance test, they had the engine running flat out at max TORQUE for 400 hours, and then at maximum HP for another 100 hours. This is about 20 days straight of running the engine at these high power levels. The engine passed both these tests. In other words, Honda has built an extremely reliable and robust engine here.[/QUOTE WOOOOOO!!!
Honda Civic 10th gen Hondata HPJ Review 59547065

andyboyd102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
I think this test was focused more on the engine durability, and I'm not sure what kind of transmission (or other device) they had attached to the engine when this happened.

As far as transmission reliability, the CVT will not be able to handle as much torque as the M/T. The FlashPro tune stays well within the CVT limit.

One thing also to note is that Honda Performance Development (HPD) and Hondata have both participated in the 25 hours of Thunderhill endurance race using several CVT and M/T equipped 1.5T Civics. All the transmissions held up perfectly from what I was told.
Honda Civic 10th gen Hondata HPJ Review b4ed029e274845e2ae16e5ede049e3db

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think this test was focused more on the engine durability, and I'm not sure what kind of transmission (or other device) they had attached to the engine when this happened.

One thing also to note is that Honda Performance Development (HPD) and Hondata have both participated in the 25 hours of Thunderhill endurance race using several CVT and M/T equipped 1.5T Civics. All the transmissions held up perfectly from what I was told.
Thanks sir! I knew they ran thunderhill I just didnt know if they were running CVTs or MT bc thats right when the MTs were going on sale. Good to hear. If they ran that with no issue I have no doubt then the CVT will be fine for the power and mods Im doing. Heck I already have my FP and a base tune. Just waiting for my intake downpipe and recirc valve so I can pay for a good daily driving tune with all mods at once

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
FYI, I edited my earlier statements a bit to correct a few things:

Changed "max" to "peak" when referring to torque. Peak torque occurs earlier in the rpm range and represents the highest torque the engine produces.

Most likely Honda used an engine dyno with no transmission attached for the test.

I botched some info on the 25 hours of Thunderhill event, so I removed that comment. Hondata provided track support at the most recent Thunderhill event for three M/T 1.5T Civics. A CVT was run earlier in 2016 for a 6 hour practice.

Last edited:

CEXT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX Turbo
Country flag

When Honda developed this engine, they configured and tuned it to around a 300 hp level for endurance testing. During this endurance test, they had the engine running flat out at peak TORQUE (around 3000 rpm) for 400 hours, and then at maximum HP for another 100 hours. This is about 20 days straight of running the engine at these high power levels. The engine passed both these tests. In other words, Honda has built an extremely reliable and robust engine here.
So the engine can be tuned for 300hp?

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The turbo in the Civic cannot flow enough air for 300 HP.
What do you think or know it maxes at, CVT and MT, because I betting they are different due to the CVT. Any new info on the +6 psi high octane on a CVT not getting more than 19 psi? Is there were we are stuck for a while, and what torque do you think that is? looking at PRLs downpipe but not sure if it worth it on the CVT if Im already maxing out with just a FlashPro tune

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
What do you think or know it maxes at, CVT and MT, because I betting they are different due to the CVT. Any new info on the +6 psi high octane on a CVT not getting more than 19 psi? Is there were we are stuck for a while, and what torque do you think that is? looking at PRLs downpipe but not sure if it worth it on the CVT if Im already maxing out with just a FlashPro tune
the overall powerband should be improved with the downpipe. vit is doing a dyno test on both

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
the overall powerband should be improved with the downpipe. vit is doing a dyno test on both
Yeah we chatted on the prl thread and on the facebook thread. He did say he has cvts running 21-22 psi now and mts at 26psi. Said he figured a few things out which is good news
Sponsored