UPDATE: Touchscreen Continually Goes "Back"- No fix added video

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So Ill will be driving down the road and turn my blinker on and the side view camera comes up for a second, then the radio beeps like I pressed "back" the camera shuts off and it goes to the main screen. Then it continually beeps at me like someone is pressing "back" Anyone else experience this? I have no cables touching the screen and I clean the screen all the time. Itll do the same just randomly and its annoying as crap
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
dallasjhawk

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Try turning down your touch sensitivity.
Thank you, that is the first thing I tried. wondering out loud if it needs an update or a hard reboot. guess I could do the reboot this afternoon

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
mine does it too. one of the many software glitches on this car. I took video of it and Honda tech line is aware of issue and said it has something to do with anything plugged into the USB ports.

3vilhomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
mine does it too. one of the many software glitches on this car. I took video of it and Honda tech line is aware of issue and said it has something to do with anything plugged into the USB ports.
That's crazy, so I can't plug my phone in for Android auto? But my car supports Android auto… this is very annoying for me too especially I'm using the map from Android auto it just exit my screen and keep on beeping. I have to restart the whole HU and sometimes restarting it doesn't fix the issue.

germanwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
So Ill will be driving down the road and turn my blinker on and the side view camera comes up for a second, then the radio beeps like I pressed "back" the camera shuts off and it goes to the main screen. Then it continually beeps at me like someone is pressing "back" Anyone else experience this? I have no cables touching the screen and I clean the screen all the time. Itll do the same just randomly and its annoying as f***
Same thing was happening to me, it was annoying af and kind of embarassing
when I was driving with friends and my brand new car was acting up :rolleyes: the
only way I was able to get it to stop was swiping my whole palm over the
screen I took her in once to Spreen Honda where I bought her and they told
me "unfortunately we could not replicate the issue so we cannot repair it" they
did a hard reboot where I had to wait like 10 minutes in the parking lot as the
GPS was trying to locate signal (it started acting up the next day). I was not
satisfied so I went to another local dealer Penske Honda yesterday and the
service advisor told me that it was an issue and Honda is supposed to supply
them with an update but he wasn't sure as to when but it was supposed to be
sometime later this month. I left her there so she could get the Turbo Surge
update and the subwoofer rattle fixed and when I picked her up he advised
that apparently if you take the car in before the issue they need to replace
the screen needles to say I left that dealer a happy man as the old screen did
have a few scuffs :D not sure if that long story will help.

OP
OP
dallasjhawk

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Went to Honda with this video and the service adviser literally said "go to CivicX or 10thgencivic forum and see if there is a fix because we dont have one right now" Yes I know, turn the phone sideways when filming but I was driving and wasnt thinking about it.

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
It seems to me that they should at least TRY replacing the entire headunit for this problem. There might ultimately be a less expensive fix for them, but until they find it, they should be replacing the whole thing. A lot of people don't have this ever happen, so it's clearly a problem in certain units rather than a software flaw effecting everyone.

Dcreek02

"If it aint a Type R, it aint a tight car"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2004 Acura TSX (6spd w/ Navi), 1998 Dakota R/T, 1985 Audi UR Quattro, 1965 Triumph TR4A,
Country flag
My head unit has just started to do this. It does get rather annoying driving down the road hearing the head unit constantly beeping at you. I just wipe my hand across the screen and it stops for a couple of days. I would love to see what Honda does to correct this problem.

OP
OP
dallasjhawk

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My head unit has just started to do this. It does get rather annoying driving down the road hearing the head unit constantly beeping at you. I just wipe my hand across the screen and it stops for a couple of days. I would love to see what Honda does to correct this problem.
Yep, I turned the sensitivity down to low and didnt work, now I turned the "beep" off as a short term fix, but that is not the correct fix as you can see in the video, it turns the camera on the mirror off bc it thinks I hit back so it makes the lane watch camera for lane changes pointless

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
Yep, I turned the sensitivity down to low and didnt work, now I turned the "beep" off as a short term fix, but that is not the correct fix as you can see in the video, it turns the camera on the mirror off bc it thinks I hit back so it makes the lane watch camera for lane changes pointless
they wont fix it. I had video too and they said it has all the latest and up to date software. sent video to tech line and they are looking into it and are aware of it...I was told

germanwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
That's the only way I was able to get mine to stop was wiping the screen
with my palm. I had my screen replaced on Friday and so far no problems
hopefully it was the screen and not an actual software glitch.

3vilhomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's the only way I was able to get mine to stop was wiping the screen
with my palm. I had my screen replaced on Friday and so far no problems
hopefully it was the screen and not an actual software glitch.
So is a hardware issue not a software glitch… I was hoping I can keep my tempered glass screen protector…

germanwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
So is a hardware issue not a software glitch… I was hoping I can keep my tempered glass screen protector…
So far the new screen has not had the issue but I did just get it this past Friday
so I cannot be sure that its gone completely if I have it coming back I can let you
know

somarilnos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
This also happens occasionally with my EX-T. Touch sensitivity has been as low as possible from the start. I assumed it was reacting to dust or such on the screen, but could in fact be a bigger issue. Keeping an eye on this thread.
Sponsored