Can I install a Cold Air intake?

BigSyd_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2016 Honda civic Ex-L. I do not have the 1.5 Turbo engine... but would like to know if I am able to install a Cold Air intake? I was told by a Lancer owner that i am unable to do so. Please let me know. Also, if I can, feel free to post a link to a quality CAI.
Sponsored

somarilnos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
I have a 2016 Honda civic Ex-L. I do not have the 1.5 Turbo engine... but would like to know if I am able to install a Cold Air intake? I was told by a Lancer owner that i am unable to do so. Please let me know. Also, if I can, feel free to post a link to a quality CAI.
The EX-L has the 1.5T engine. So I guess - do you have the EX-L, or do you not have the 1.5T engine (i.e. base EX or LX)?

The NA 2.0 engine has a lot fewer options for aftermarket pieces available - so there might not be the same availability if that's the case.

OP
OP

BigSyd_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
The EX-L has the 1.5T engine. So I guess - do you have the EX-L, or do you not have the 1.5T engine (i.e. base EX or LX)?

The NA 2.0 engine has a lot fewer options for aftermarket pieces available - so there might not be the same availability if that's the case.
I was mistaken. I have the 2.0 Engine. Do you think I can still install a CAI?

OP
OP

BigSyd_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Is it a good buy for the gains?

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
Like previously stated. If you want real gains, you will have to wait for a turbo or supercharger kit. Regular bolt ons will not do this car much justice.
do you have any proof of that? I know this k20c isnt the same beast as say a k20z but those old ks really woke up w/ bolt ons. not saying this motor WILL respond, but until somebody does it and dynos before/after, both times on the same dyno, nobody knows the results, which isnt something I'm going to go searching for (since I have the L15)

eduranjr

First Name
rtet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tgt
Is it a good buy for the gains?
I did it, sounds great at WOT, this mod alone will give you 4HP aprx. The best combo for our 2.0 is the CAI and the Ktuner Reflash, with both you will have at least 15HP more, and you will notice the difference, specially between 4500 and 6700RPM range. In my opinion, if you only got the CAI, the amount of $ to buy it, not worth it.

There are a thread about this and a video with these mods installed.
Here is the video...

Honda Civic 10th gen Can I install a Cold Air intake? 20170121_171308 (1024x768)

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
In what country does the ex-l not have the 1.5t? As models go in order...
Lx-ex------ext-exl-touring
So all ex-t and abive are turbo including ex-l

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
And ur profile says ur in virginia... If you have an ex-L you have a turbocharged engine.. Take a photo of the bay so we can verify.. Before tou start ordering the WRONG parts

iTzLanders

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
What's the difference if you switch into a newer intake? Sorry I'm quite new to this stuff haha.

Thnaks!

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What's the difference if you switch into a newer intake? Sorry I'm quite new to this stuff haha.

Thnaks!
Better airflow to engine.. Slight bump in horsepower/torque.. On 1.5l turbo gives people the sound of "blow off valve" in a sense. Raises chance of warranty work being denied for some things.. Imo waste of money unless your flashing.. And hondata kit should be ur first upgrade

OP
OP

BigSyd_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
It was a mistake. I have the EX.
Sponsored