2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
They will, provided you have aftermarket wheels. They will not seat properly on OEM wheels.

Also, lugnuts are the ONLY thing keeping your wheels on your car. If you get cheap ones the material will be of inferior quality, and may strip easily or loosen by itself with heat cycling. Please don't buy shitty lugnuts.

Also, open ended lugnuts will inevitably get grime in through the open end, and may make them very difficult to remove.

There's a reason high quality lugs like rays or project kics cost hundreds (although yes, they are overpriced.)

OP
OP
partialprint

partialprint

First Name
Partial
Threads
Reaction score
Website
music.apple.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
They will, provided you have aftermarket wheels. They will not seat properly on OEM wheels.

Also, lugnuts are the ONLY thing keeping your wheels on your car. If you get cheap ones the material will be of inferior quality, and may strip easily or loosen by itself with heat cycling. Please don't buy shitty lugnuts.

Also, open ended lugnuts will inevitably get grime in through the open end, and may make them very difficult to remove.

There's a reason high quality lugs like rays or project kics cost hundreds (although yes, they are overpriced.)
looking for lighter weight here + looks

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
looking for lighter weight here + looks
You would save more weight by filling in half a gallon less gas every fillup than saving weight on lugnuts, which are rotational mass close to the center of the wheels. Let's not kid ourselves, you want them because they look cool :p

Which is fine, but I would still strongly advise against getting shitty lugnuts. Just google "cheap lugnuts" and you'll find lots of forum threads about wheels that have fallen off, etc.

Getting slightly technical, lugnuts are either made of aluminum, or steel. Al is obviously lighter, but it's also softer and much more prone to stripping, overtorquing, and damage. Even impact guns will ruin aluminum lugnuts, exponentially more so for cheap ones. Steel ones are more durable, but they don't look as nice and yes, they are slightly heavier.

If you really want open ended colours lugnuts, spend the money and get a decent brand. Beware of counterfeit ones. If you see a set of R40's for $40, they're gonna be fake.

Again, these tiny 20 things are the only ones holding your wheels to the car - do you really want to risk it. Pay to play.

OP
OP
partialprint

partialprint

First Name
Partial
Threads
Reaction score
Website
music.apple.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You would save more weight by filling in half a gallon less gas every fillup than saving weight on lugnuts, which are rotational mass close to the center of the wheels. Let's not kid ourselves, you want them because they look cool :p

Which is fine, but I would still strongly advise against getting shitty lugnuts. Just google "cheap lugnuts" and you'll find lots of forum threads about wheels that have fallen off, etc.

Getting slightly technical, lugnuts are either made of aluminum, or steel. Al is obviously lighter, but it's also softer and much more prone to stripping, overtorquing, and damage. Even impact guns will ruin aluminum lugnuts, exponentially more so for cheap ones. Steel ones are more durable, but they don't look as nice and yes, they are slightly heavier.

If you really want open ended colours lugnuts, spend the money and get a decent brand. Beware of counterfeit ones. If you see a set of R40's for $40, they're gonna be fake.

Again, these tiny 20 things are the only ones holding your wheels to the car - do you really want to risk it. Pay to play.

not necessary or worth it ill just keep oem

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Good choice.

Remember that OEM lugnuts will only fit on OEM wheels. Aftermarket wheels have different seats so you cannot mix/match oem wheels with aftermarket lugnuts, and vice versa.

OP
OP
partialprint

partialprint

First Name
Partial
Threads
Reaction score
Website
music.apple.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Good choice.

Remember that OEM lugnuts will only fit on OEM wheels. Aftermarket wheels have different seats so you cannot mix/match oem wheels with aftermarket lugnuts, and vice versa.
I didnt know that eventually I want to get the sparco trofeo 5 in red

Reactions: HBK
OP
OP
partialprint

partialprint

First Name
Partial
Threads
Reaction score
Website
music.apple.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
so what thread size is the 2017 civic hatchback sport?
I know the bolt pattern just not the thread size

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
What is the thread size and if anyone has a suggestion on brand would be appreciated
12x1.5

Brand? Mugen steel nuts. Good suggestion, I must say.

spicy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Hatch Sport Touring 6SP
Vehicle Showcase
Cone vs Ball vs Flat

Google the difference between those types of lugs. Don't fuck up the only thing keeping your car on the road.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
I had said this:
12x1.5

Brand? Mugen steel nuts. Good suggestion, I must say.
But then spicy reminded us of this:
Cone vs Ball vs Flat

Google the difference between those types of lugs. Don't fuck up the only thing keeping your car on the road.
He's totally correct.

The Mugen lug nuts (the ones I know, anyway) are CONE type and should NOT be used with regular OEM Honda ball seat wheels.

I've had two sets of wheels and used two different sets of lug nuts to match each wheel type.

What matters most with lug nuts is: (1) they FIT, and (2) they're STRONG. Saving weight in lug nuts is the LEAST of your concerns. If a shop needs to work on your wheels for any reason, there's a good chance they'll just hit them with an air wrench -- and steel lug nuts will stand up to whatever they do.

GrimCivi

First Name
Kaysie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
I just got my Honda, and I still have stock tires and rims on. I just wanted to add some flair and color to the rims (maybe some neo chrome), but I am not 100% sure where to look for my 2018 Honda Civic Hatch. (Sorry new to this form thing) I want quality and willing to pay the price so I don't jeopardize the whip

Any advice is good advice

Sponsored