riley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 grand am
So in my mind the word concept means idea. And the concept that was revealed for the 2016 civic si coupe looked absolutly amazing and I want it it. But because its a concept. Does this mean it won't have the exact same look when it comes to production?

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 civic si coupe production vs concept? IMG_20150730_015504
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

BigBang09

nsbryant09
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Former: 2004 Mustang V6, 2008 Civic LX)
First, welcome to the forum!

Regarding the concept, spy photos and patent drawings we've seen thus far indicate that, relatively speaking, the production version will look pretty close to the concept. Most concepts get heavily watered down, but that doesn't appear to be the case with this new Civic.

randY49

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thetailpipe.com
Vehicle(s)
1988 CRX Si, 2015 Civic Si
Country flag
Honda never called it the 'Si Coupe', only the 'Civic Concept'. We can certainly hope that is what the Si will look like, but no guarantees.

CaptK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru XV Crosstek
Honda never called it the 'Si Coupe', only the 'Civic Concept'. We can certainly hope that is what the Si will look like, but no guarantees.
Would be surprised if an EX looked this aggressive. Would make for a mean looking Si. CaptK approves :)

Golf6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK6 Golf
If it came like this out of the box, what would people mod?
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 civic si coupe production vs concept? IMG_20150730_015504
As we seen in the coupe spy pics it won't come like this out of the box. Won't be nearly as aggressive so ppl can always add or change out the aero parts for a more aggressive look? Plus there's always performance mods.

Arjun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic/Durango
Will the SIR be a totally different look than this? When will this coupe come out? Next year summer?

Golf6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK6 Golf
Will the SIR be a totally different look than this? When will this coupe come out? Next year summer?
The coupe spy shots and patent images already look pretty similar to this, just with less aggressive bumpers
- http://www.civicx.com/threads/2016-civic-coupe-spied-track-testing.58/
- http://www.civicx.com/threads/2016-...and-sedan-design-patent-drawings-revealed.32/

Those might be the standard coupe model though so maybe the Si will get more aggressive bumpers similar to the concept car. Judging by the current Type R, the next Type R will be even more aggressive than the concept coupe revealed in NY.

Think I read here that the coupe will be out sometime this winter.

Tegster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Integra (Tafetta White)
The coupe spy shots and patent images already look pretty similar to this, just with less aggressive bumpers
- http://www.civicx.com/threads/2016-civic-coupe-spied-track-testing.58/
- http://www.civicx.com/threads/2016-...and-sedan-design-patent-drawings-revealed.32/

Those might be the standard coupe model though so maybe the Si will get more aggressive bumpers similar to the concept car. Judging by the current Type R, the next Type R will be even more aggressive than the concept coupe revealed in NY.

Think I read here that the coupe will be out sometime this winter.
It'll be intro'd this winter but then production has to start on it which would mean not on dealer lots until maybe the Spring is my guess...

Last edited:

randY49

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thetailpipe.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It'll be intro'd this winter but then production has to start on it which would mean not on dealer lots until maybe the Spring is my guess...
I believe those timelines are on-the-lot times. Sedan will be on-sale in Fall, Coupe will be on-sale this Winter.

hothatchi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf Mark5
I believe those timelines are on-the-lot times. Sedan will be on-sale in Fall, Coupe will be on-sale this Winter.
That seems to be the expected timeline by most members here but haven't seen any estimates for the hatchback. Do we know when that will be?

Shortbus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Fit Blue Sensation
Nothing yet, but hopefully we will find out on Sept 16 when they unveil the Civic sedan (and hopefully coupe).
Sounds like it'll just be the sedan on the 16th :( Also doesn't sound like we'll find out other things like specs so we're likely just going to see the design of the sedan. Better than nothing I guess.

randY49

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thetailpipe.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sounds like it'll just be the sedan on the 16th :( Also doesn't sound like we'll find out other things like specs so we're likely just going to see the design of the sedan. Better than nothing I guess.
This morning I read that it will be both interior and exterior of the sedan (via Autoblog).
Sponsored