Does anyone have this installed? Covercraft DashMat® Custom Dash Cover

Schatzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Does anyone have this installed in their 2016-2017 Honda Civic? Covercraft DashMat® Custom Dash Cover

http://www.covercraft.com/us/en/pro...stom-dash-cover.DMC?&zoi_id=317997&sku=DMC-25

Please post pictures if you do and comment on the quality/problems!
Why would you want or need this dash cover if you keep the dash clean on a regular basis and use a windshield sunshade especially in the hot summer months? I have NEVER had a dashboard crack, warp, discolor, whatever, so long as I dusted it, cleaned it periodically. In my present Civic I had Xzilon applied, two coats to the interior and exterior. It is a protectant. I will see just how good the Xzilon is over the long haul. I would sooner go with some kind of protectant perhaps like ArmorAll, than "carpet" my dashboard. If the car was old and worn maybe I would go this route, but not with a new car.

OP
OP

CarsOverMotorcycles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Why would you want or need this dash cover if you keep the dash clean on a regular basis and use a windshield sunshade especially in the hot summer months? I have NEVER had a dashboard crack, warp, discolor, whatever, so long as I dusted it, cleaned it periodically. In my present Civic I had Xzilon applied, two coats to the interior and exterior. It is a protectant. I will see just how good the Xzilon is over the long haul. I would sooner go with some kind of protectant perhaps like ArmorAll, than "carpet" my dashboard. If the car was old and worn maybe I would go this route, but not with a new car.
I am putting things on my dashboard (cameras and stuff) and don't want it to scratch the dashboard.

Schatzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
I am putting things on my dashboard (cameras and stuff) and don't want it to scratch the dashboard.
Ok! Then that makes sense! If I were to put things on my dash I would want to protect it, too. I do like the cover and the many colors it comes in. I'd say go for it!

_dc_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Doesn't the passenger airbag pop out from the top of the dash?

Roombo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T w/ HS
Country flag

Ryude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Completely unnecessary. As long as you use some type of protectant every 6 months, you'll never have any problems.

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring WOP, 2023 Tesla Model Y Perf
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I find the black dash mat helps cut down on reflection and glare, especially during sunny days. I have one for that reason. I say go for it!

Honda Civic 10th gen Does anyone have this installed? Covercraft DashMat® Custom Dash Cover IMG_5198.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Does anyone have this installed? Covercraft DashMat® Custom Dash Cover IMG_5199.JPG

I have the DashDesign brand which I ordered from autoanything.com.

Last edited:

ckp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic exl
Does anyone have this installed in their 2016-2017 Honda Civic? Covercraft DashMat® Custom Dash Cover

http://www.covercraft.com/us/en/pro...stom-dash-cover.DMC?&zoi_id=317997&sku=DMC-25

Please post pictures if you do and comment on the quality/problems!
I have one...I did not tape it down it just sits there...but I got it because I live in Yuma, az...very hot here...it is very good quality and looks good...but I got it more for function than looks...

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring WOP, 2023 Tesla Model Y Perf
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have one...I did not tape it down it just sits there...but I got it because I live in Yuma, az...very hot here...it is very good quality and looks good...but I got it more for function than looks...
I did the same thing. I didn't use the velcro on the dash so mine also sits there. All custom mats are made to fit so it has all the vents and sensor openings in the right place. Perfect fit and doesn't slide off inspite of not being achored down.

pgrimm856

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2013 CR-V
Vehicle Showcase

playcool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Ex T
I did the same thing. I didn't use the velcro on the dash so mine also sits there. All custom mats are made to fit so it has all the vents and sensor openings in the right place. Perfect fit and doesn't slide off inspite of not being achored down.
I got my dash Matt from Honda but where it scoops up to the front windshield vent, it doesn't lay flat. It sticks up. Any suggestions
Sponsored