Photographers! Post your civic pictures! Pic Heavy!

Jay.DeVries

Yee Yee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
So I work for a Honda dealership so I have access to plenty of cars on a regular basis. Here is a post of all the 10th Gen civics that I have photographed, some are of my civic, other are advertisement shots the dealership had me do.
I encourage any and all photographers regardless of skill set to show off some pictures!

Honda Civic 10th gen Photographers! Post your civic pictures! Pic Heavy! {filename}H8 by Jay DeVries, on Flickr

Honda Civic 10th gen Photographers! Post your civic pictures! Pic Heavy! {filename}H7 by Jay DeVries, on Flickr

Honda Civic 10th gen Photographers! Post your civic pictures! Pic Heavy! {filename}H5 by Jay DeVries, on Flickr

Honda Civic 10th gen Photographers! Post your civic pictures! Pic Heavy! {filename}H6 by Jay DeVries, on Flickr

Honda Civic 10th gen Photographers! Post your civic pictures! Pic Heavy! {filename}H4 by Jay DeVries, on Flickr

Honda Civic 10th gen Photographers! Post your civic pictures! Pic Heavy! {filename}H3 by Jay DeVries, on Flickr

Honda Civic 10th gen Photographers! Post your civic pictures! Pic Heavy! 30869080635_e4e1e1f2e2_o
C3 by Jay DeVries, on Flickr

Honda Civic 10th gen Photographers! Post your civic pictures! Pic Heavy! 30869080635_e4e1e1f2e2_oC2 by Jay DeVries, on Flickr

Honda Civic 10th gen Photographers! Post your civic pictures! Pic Heavy! 30869080635_e4e1e1f2e2_oC1 by Jay DeVries, on Flickr

Honda Civic 10th gen Photographers! Post your civic pictures! Pic Heavy! 30869080635_e4e1e1f2e2_oHatch2 by Jay DeVries, on Flickr

Honda Civic 10th gen Photographers! Post your civic pictures! Pic Heavy! 30869080635_e4e1e1f2e2_oHatch3 by Jay DeVries, on Flickr

Honda Civic 10th gen Photographers! Post your civic pictures! Pic Heavy! 30869080635_e4e1e1f2e2_oHatch4 by Jay DeVries, on Flickr

Honda Civic 10th gen Photographers! Post your civic pictures! Pic Heavy! 30869080635_e4e1e1f2e2_oHatch7 by Jay DeVries, on Flickr

Honda Civic 10th gen Photographers! Post your civic pictures! Pic Heavy! 30869080635_e4e1e1f2e2_oHatch8 by Jay DeVries, on Flickr

Honda Civic 10th gen Photographers! Post your civic pictures! Pic Heavy! 30869080635_e4e1e1f2e2_oHatch11 by Jay DeVries, on Flickr
Sponsored

jeffshonda06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 HONDA CIVIC LX
Vehicle Showcase
what camera and lense are you using? for one in dark , did u use any other equipment like flash equipment? what were the settings if u have them .

OP
OP
Jay.DeVries

Jay.DeVries

Yee Yee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Jay.DeVries

Jay.DeVries

Yee Yee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
what camera and lense are you using? for one in dark , did u use any other equipment like flash equipment? what were the settings if u have them .
I am using a Nikon D3300. Im usually using my 18mm-55mm lens. For the dark one with the brick behind it, I did a 20 seconds shutter speed, and light painted the car. It was actually 6 exposures blended together to get the light right, as in each on I focused on different parts of the car. The ones I just posted of the NSX were long exposure light painting as well.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Always loved your photography man! Did they let ya take the NSX out for a spin? :drive:;)

And thanks for the new wallpapers too haha

jeffshonda06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 HONDA CIVIC LX
Vehicle Showcase
I am using a Nikon D3300. Im usually using my 18mm-55mm lens. For the dark one with the brick behind it, I did a 20 seconds shutter speed, and light painted the car. It was actually 6 exposures blended together to get the light right, as in each on I focused on different parts of the car. The ones I just posted of the NSX were long exposure light painting as well.
yeah im pretty new to the whole camera, im only on a starter. Rebel T6 , if you got any tips on anything let me know. but these are pretty sweet. lots to learn

OP
OP
Jay.DeVries

Jay.DeVries

Yee Yee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Always loved your photography man! Did they let ya take the NSX out for a spin? :drive:;)

And thanks for the new wallpapers too haha
Thanks man that means a lot! They let us play around with it alot more than I thought they would, it is definitely a cool car. And no problem man, I hope you enjoy them!

OP
OP
Jay.DeVries

Jay.DeVries

Yee Yee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yeah im pretty new to the whole camera, im only on a starter. Rebel T6 , if you got any tips on anything let me know. but these are pretty sweet. lots to learn
Im still considered a newbie as well, but I am working on constantly getting better and improving. I have a lot of automotive and non automotive photographers coaching me and helping me along. They wouldnt let me get a DSLR until I had completely mastered my $200 point and shoot camera that I had and until it became the limiting factor in my photographs, I was stuck with it. I have only had my Nikon since Sept 25th. But by the time I got it I already knew how everything worked, and what every button did. I got it and turned it to manual mode and its never been off of that since. I also found this book that was a 20 week photography course and there is a lot of good info in that. More than anything, Find a photographer that is better than you, and let him critique your pictures. Let him be brutal about it. Thats how my mentor is, and it helps me alot. It makes me better. Just always keep shooting as much as possible and always try to improve. Let me know if you have any questions.

jeffshonda06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 HONDA CIVIC LX
Vehicle Showcase
Im still considered a newbie as well, but I am working on constantly getting better and improving. I have a lot of automotive and non automotive photographers coaching me and helping me along. They wouldnt let me get a DSLR until I had completely mastered my $200 point and shoot camera that I had and until it became the limiting factor in my photographs, I was stuck with it. I have only had my Nikon since Sept 25th. But by the time I got it I already knew how everything worked, and what every button did. I got it and turned it to manual mode and its never been off of that since. I also found this book that was a 20 week photography course and there is a lot of good info in that. More than anything, Find a photographer that is better than you, and let him critique your pictures. Let him be brutal about it. Thats how my mentor is, and it helps me alot. It makes me better. Just always keep shooting as much as possible and always try to improve. Let me know if you have any questions.
Here it is my attempt lol 25 exposure 100 ISO can't remember the f stop number

Honda Civic 10th gen Photographers! Post your civic pictures! Pic Heavy! IMG_0421.JPG

OP
OP
Jay.DeVries

Jay.DeVries

Yee Yee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here it is my attempt lol 25 exposure 100 ISO can't remember the f stop number

IMG_0421.JPG
For a shot like that with headlights on, it may be beneficial to take two photos, one at a log exposure, and another with a much higher shutter speed of the headlights, and then put them together in photoshop so the headlights aren't so blown out.

jeffshonda06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 HONDA CIVIC LX
Vehicle Showcase
I'm just a hobbyist and had a few mins in the parking garage at work on Friday. I couldn't get the lighting like I wanted and so I just sent with the silhouette.

Honda Civic 10th gen Photographers! Post your civic pictures! Pic Heavy! IMG_3530-1
I like it. Looks good. Slower shutter speed would help and/or higher ISO .

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring WOP, 2023 Tesla Model Y Perf
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for sharing. Great backgrounds.

Last edited: