Where to ground AMP 2016 Civic

CoreyTrautman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
I have followed a number of threads discussing sub and amp installations in the 2016 civic and those threads have been very helpful with my installation but I have a few questions.

1. Where is the best place to ground the amp in the trunk? Could someone take a picture of where they grounded it? I saw someone ground to the black box in the trunk but I think that is the key sensor and isn't probably the best place to ground.

2. Also, I fed the power wire through the grommet where the hood release is but I am having trouble shoving the grommet back into place. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to get it back in?
Sponsored

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Where to ground AMP 2016 Civic IMG_20161222_20351062

I grounded mine under the rear seat bottom hold-down strap thing.

Getting that grommet back in place is a PITA. I didn't 100% get it, but close. What I found worked best was to take the narrow edge of a flat blade screwdriver and push it from the outside edge of the grommet in toward the center to pinch one part of the circle closer to the center and then push that section of the grommet into the hole pretty far. Once you get part of the entire thing into the hole, you can use the screwdriver to work the lip of it back out of the hole, leaving behind the center part of the grommet inside the hole where it belongs. Sorry, hard to explain in words.

OP
OP

CoreyTrautman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
IMG_20161222_20351062.jpg

I grounded mine under the rear seat bottom hold-down strap thing.

Getting that grommet back in place is a PITA. I didn't 100% get it, but close. What I found worked best was to take the narrow edge of a flat blade screwdriver and push it from the outside edge of the grommet in toward the center to pinch one part of the circle closer to the center and then push that section of the grommet into the hole pretty far. Once you get part of the entire thing into the hole, you can use the screwdriver to work the lip of it back out of the hole, leaving behind the center part of the grommet inside the hole where it belongs. Sorry, hard to explain in words.
Thank you for your reply that is very helpful. Can you tell me where you fed your remote and power wire into the trunk? Did you just feed it behind the back seat or did you use one of the metal holes behind the seat? Also, did you use shrink wrap on your power wire? I am not sure if that is overkill or not. I appreciate the help, this is the first time I have done an install and I want to make sure I do everything correctly.

Space Lord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
I recently finished part of my audio install so I might be able to help. I used the same ground location and I just went under the seat.
I fed my power wire and remote following the wires along the driver side and zip tying it to the main wires. Some of them continue into the trunk it's a black wire loom looking thing and the power wire ended in the upper left part of the trunk. Just make sure your wires are low enough so that you can bolt back on the seatbelt when you are finished. I'm not sure if you mean shrink wrap on the end or the whole thing but I used Techflex on my power wire and used a wire ferrule and shrink wrap on the end of my power wire going into my amp.

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
Can you tell me where you fed your remote and power wire into the trunk? Did you just feed it behind the back seat or did you use one of the metal holes behind the seat? Also, did you use shrink wrap on your power wire?
Well, mine is not a good example because the sub I'm installing is just temporary until I build a custom box for a bigger sub and amp, so I didn't route the wire like I would've if it were permanent, or protect it. So I just ran it up behind the back seat and didn't wrap it with anything. But for my more permanent stuff I plan to run the wire through one of the passages on the sides of the trunk and put the wire inside something to protect it. Better to do it as best you can. The extra effort isn't that much and you'll be more proud of it when you finish, and feel more confident that it won't have problems in the future.
Sponsored