Leather seats, is this normal!!

Calicoasta06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 accord exl
Is this normal, it happens when I wear jeans and even sweat pants. I have had leather seats before and this has never happened. Someone please help! The car only has 2000 miles.

Honda Civic 10th gen Leather seats, is this normal!! 20161123_164237
Sponsored

JS2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000 , Jeep
Vehicle Showcase
It looks like someone sat on the seat with their knees perhaps while facing towards the rear of the cabin. This is a no-no with leather seats as it will stretch the seat cover, I tell my wife and son to never do that on leather seats. You can straighten it out with a hairdryer but it may return. Maybe ask the dealer to look at it ?

OP
OP
Calicoasta06

Calicoasta06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 accord exl
It looks like someone sat on the seat with their knees perhaps while facing towards the rear of the cabin. This is a no-no with leather seats as it will stretch the seat cover, I tell my wife and son to never do that on leather seats. You can straighten it out with a hairdryer but it may return. Maybe ask the dealer to look at it ?
Thats actually from me just sitting on the seats, I don't have any children and I am the only one who drives the car. It's really frustrating. The dealer said this was normal, and if they replaced the seat it would happen again.

JS2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000 , Jeep
Vehicle Showcase
Thats actually from me just sitting on the seats, I don't have any children and I am the only one who drives the car. It's really frustrating. The dealer said this was normal, and if they replaced the seat it would happen again.
maybe it happened before you got the car, like the person who detailed it prior to delivery, or others. The leather is stretched. Take a hot hairdryer to it and it will tighten up, but it may return after some use.

All leather seats will stretch with use, my passenger seat has a bit of it from my wife sitting in it, usually a larger single round spot but those two spots look odd, much like knee spots which put excessive weight in small areas. The only other thing might be the seat heaters if they are located in those two spots and have the same shape ?

OP
OP
Calicoasta06

Calicoasta06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 accord exl
maybe it happened before you got the car, like the person who detailed it prior to delivery, or others. The leather is stretched. Take a hot hairdryer to it and it will tighten up, but it may return after some use.

All leather seats will stretch with use, my passenger seat has a bit of it from my wife sitting in it, usually a larger single round spot but those two spots look odd, much like knee spots which put excessive weight in small areas. The only other thing might be the seat heaters if they are located in those two spots and have the same shape ?
I know for a fact that it wasn't that way when I recieved the car. It didn't start doing it until a couple weeks after. I just want to prevent it. And on your car is it as bad as this?

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
My cloth seats aren't stretching, but I can see my strips now. Hopefully it doesn't get any worse for you.

hunter44102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic Hybrid, 2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I Have -one- of those circular marks on my leather seat. Mine happened after 15k miles. Never did anything to cause it. Just normal sitting.

hunter44102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic Hybrid, 2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Maybe the ivory doesnt show it so much but with the right shadows its more visible. My civic is over a year old with almost 18k miles.

Honda Civic 10th gen Leather seats, is this normal!! 20170102_104803
Sponsored