Cost of a "B" oil change?

jcivics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Wussup guys. I have a question. I got MY FIRST oil change a couple months ago (A1?). I notice that when I go to the setting at the "wrench" icon on the dash, I see B1 on the bottom. Am I suppose to see that? When i got my first oil change i was down to 20% but I didnt get any notification on the dash I just went to the dealership and got an oil change. How does your dash look like on the "wrench" icon screen?
That percent goes down with mileage, your car doesn't really know that its at 20%. For example , I run Mobil 1 full synthetic, which is rated for 15,000 miles. While I don't do 15k between changes, the wrench percent zeros out long before I changethe oil. You cant go by the wrench unless you use conventional oil and have like 150k+ miles on your engine. That's my 2 cents, but I believe that's the general consensus among most civic owners. I have also been told the same from the dealer and valvoline .
Sponsored

StevenK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Wussup guys. I have a question. I got MY FIRST oil change a couple months ago (A1?). I notice that when I go to the setting at the "wrench" icon on the dash, I see B1 on the bottom. Am I suppose to see that? When i got my first oil change i was down to 20% but I didnt get any notification on the dash I just went to the dealership and got an oil change. How does your dash look like on the "wrench" icon screen?
yes that is normal. When the wrench icon comes on you cannot miss it

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
You cant go by the wrench unless you use conventional oil and have like 150k+ miles on your engine.
Using conventional oil, you can go by the wrench starting from mile zero. No need to wait till you get to 150K.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

mygum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-L
My maintenance due notification just came on. It's at 15% and says "B1".

I previously have only gotten an oil change. Checked my local dealer and it is advertising a "12-MO. SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE (B1)" for $139.95.

Should I try calling and getting a quote for an oil change and tire rotation only? Or go somewhere else???

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
Dealer are never cheap and I never go to car dealer

HondaDNA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Hx, 17 Sport
Country flag
What many dealers do for a B 1 is call a "minor service". This includes an oil change(w/filter), tire rotation, and brake maintenance. Brake maintenance is taking everything apart and cleaning, lubing and adjusting it all to keep them from seizing up. its usually about what you were quoted.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just had this done on Friday. Cost me 10.00. I've gotten several coupons in the mail from my dealer for free oil changes, and on those it says that they take competitors coupons from anyone.
So I had a coupon from jiffy lube for 50% off of a tire rotation. So, I didn't mention anything about the b1 code, just asked for the oil change and tire rotation. They checked off everything that was listed in the B service with the exception of something about checking the steering box or something like that that was listed in the B maintenance. They reset it and didn't said you need this or that, so I'm good to go as far as keeping up my end for warranty stuff as far as I'm concerned.
What ticked me off was they gave me a hard time about taking that 50% off coupon. They said,oh that means we accept other Honda dealers coupons. I said, no, the words competitor, and anyone clearly mean other than Honda :)
What really scared me though is that the cashier didn't know how to take 50% off of 20.00 for the tire rotation.

Wraith

Technician
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP Type R, 2008 Civic sedan LX, 2000 Civic hatchback
Country flag
You guys have to remember a few things. Every price for any service is going to different from dealer to dealer. Depends on your area and depends on cost of materials. One dealer may use a synthetic blend oil, while the other is using straight conventional oil.

I've seen cars with disgusting cabin filters in 15k. Depends on time, where you park, and where you drive. Wiper inserts are the same. Depends on usage (ice, dirt), time etc.

One note is A service is just oil change, while B service is oil and oil filter change. I recommend always changing the oil filter on an oil change.

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
Adjust the valves during services for A, B, 1, 2, or 3 if noisy?

georgewny

66 Stang / 80 Triumph TR7 Spider
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Shelby GT350H convertible clone (black n gold), '07 Honda Odyssey EX (blue), '11 BMW 335IX (diamond sapphire black), '14 Mercedes C300 Pearl White, '16 Honda Civic EX w Sensing (rallye red)
So we got the Maintenance Minder for a B1 service today, our dealer mails us coupons ever 3 to 6 months and one is for $59.95 for Oil n Filter and tire rotation. So we'll see if thats all its really going to cost. Car is leased and our lease ends on 03/2019 and car has barely over 10K miles on it now.
I agree with most that I usually do all my own maintenance and repairs but for a leased car and only cost $60 for the service adding that its December and a cold spell hit New York I think 60 bucks is a bargain... Car goes in this Thursday 12/28
Sponsored