My radio/display is broken already? (No sound issue for civic touring)

Schmivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2002 Mercedes-Benz C320
It looks like all of those reporting issues in this thread have the touring. So it could be the amp specific to that trim...

I also reviewed the other shorter thread on this issue, and all tourings in there as well. Since Touring is probably sold far less than the other trims combined, the fact that so many with tourings are having issues seems to point to an issue with that trim specifically.
interesting find. could be the amp then since it pushes out 450w instead of the standard 150w that comes with all the other trims.
Sponsored

OP
OP

amalgamate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I sent @HondaCustServ on twitter a link to this thread. Hopefully they review and advise on proper course of action. The sooner it gets escalated, the sooner dealerships will be equipped to handle the problem (I don't have time to take my car to the dealership only for them to tell me they're unable to replicate the issue).

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
I sent @HondaCustServ on twitter a link to this thread. Hopefully they review and advise on proper course of action. The sooner it gets escalated, the sooner dealerships will be equipped to handle the problem (I don't have time to take my car to the dealership only for them to tell me they're unable to replicate the issue).
Twitter will just tell you to call the in car entertainment service number, who will then just send you to the dealer.
So don't expect anything from that end other than raising awareness.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
IF this is Touring unique and IF replacing the amplifier fixes it, it seems likely that they spotted this problem at the factory, worked their way backwards to some kind of straightforward design or manufacturing problem--say a short to the case or something--that could be easily remedied in a slipstream update. Purge any already in the parts depots, build some extra for the parts depots, and wait for the warranty claims to roll in.

If anybody gets this fixed by a replacement amplifier, the part number might be telling. The only one in a parts catalog on the web I've found is:

Part Name: AMPLIFIER ASSY., AUDIO (PREMIUM)
Part Number: 39186-TBA-A01
Honda Code: 9704034

I haven't found another catalog for 2016 Civic parts yet, including on the official estore.honda.com.

toyman70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 element, 2016 civic touring
Country flag
IF this is Touring unique and IF replacing the amplifier fixes it, it seems likely that they spotted this problem at the factory, worked their way backwards to some kind of straightforward design or manufacturing problem--say a short to the case or something--that could be easily remedied in a slipstream update. Purge any already in the parts depots, build some extra for the parts depots, and wait for the warranty claims to roll in.

If anybody gets this fixed by a replacement amplifier, the part number might be telling. The only one in a parts catalog on the web I've found is:

Part Name: AMPLIFIER ASSY., AUDIO (PREMIUM)
Part Number: 39186-TBA-A01
Honda Code: 9704034

I haven't found another catalog for 2016 Civic parts yet, including on the official estore.honda.com.
I hope this is the answer, thanks for the info

Ken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 Touring
Country flag
They replaced my amp. Said it was replaced with the same part.

brucebrown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4
I bought the 2016 Touring 2 days ago. Exact same issues. Service Manager and Dealer Manager personally worked the issue and finally told me that it was a software issue that Honda USA is aware of and working and is ONLY affecting some Tourings not all. They said replacing the amp and power head would not fix it. They offered to actually take the car back and replace with another touring but why bother, issue may be in that one, I'll trust they fix it. I'm glad to see that others are having the issue so there is a fleet wide problem to fix. It is frustrating and annoying but I see no common cause (remote versus not remote start, etc). It is a bug, and they need to fix it...quickly.

Ken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 Touring
Country flag
Hmm...how will we know when it's fixed? How will the software be updated?

Please keep us posted!

brucebrown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4
I asked the same question. The service manager said he would personally call me when Honda releases the fix. I hope it is soon, I can't imagine there will be many folks happy with an awesome car with no sound. Otherwise, I have to say the car is amazing.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
Wonder how many owners could call Honda or talk to their dealers and come back with a different story? I'm not saying this story is wrong, just that the manufacturers do a terrible job communicating (or avoiding communicating, as the case may be) about "known features" like this.

acarsme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Civic EX Coup
This is disappointing to read about. I was about ready to pull the trigger on this car then I came back to this forum and started reading about all the audio issues. I think I will hold off until I hear it's fixed. I'm not going to buy a new car knowing I'm going to have to deal with taking it back to the dealership right away.

Ken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 Touring
Country flag
The weird part is that I haven't seen the problem in a week. They changed my amp...but the issue stopped manifesting itself 3 days before hand...not sure what this is...but we'll see as time goes by. @acarsme, I agree with your skepticism...but I love driving the car and don't regret purchasing it. Android Auto is fairly new and it will take some time for the bugs to be resolved just like with all google platforms. Hopefully honda will work with google to keep us updated with the latest software. This will, in fact, be different than their pre android/apple design paradigm. Cell phones get updated quite often and now that cars put phone interfacing software, they have to conform as well.

toyman70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The weird part is that I haven't seen the problem in a week. They changed my amp...but the issue stopped manifesting itself 3 days before hand...not sure what this is...but we'll see as time goes by. @acarsme, I agree with your skepticism...but I love driving the car and don't regret purchasing it. Android Auto is fairly new and it will take some time for the bugs to be resolved just like with all google platforms. Hopefully honda will work with google to keep us updated with the latest software. This will, in fact, be different than their pre android/apple design paradigm. Cell phones get updated quite often and now that cars put phone interfacing software, they have to conform as well.
you have a touring model? also how long has it been since they swapped the amp? have you started the car push button and remote to test it. thanks

Ken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 Touring
Country flag
Touring... It's been 2 days since they installed the amp. It's been 6 days since I have seen the problem. I use the remote starter 3 times... A week ago and yesterday. I don't use it often.

toyman70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Touring... It's been 2 days since they installed the amp. It's been 6 days since I have seen the problem. I use the remote starter 3 times... A week ago and yesterday. I don't use it often.
thanks for getting back, keep us apprised if anything happens please
Sponsored