First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Man, I had a shit ton of those back in 99-00 when techdeck first came out. I remember being on the hunt for all the Hook Ups boards, because, well, I was a semi-nerdy anime fan teenager, and their boards all had scantily clad anime chicks on 'em. Had a couple BMX bikes, too.

Kinda funny seeing them making a comeback
Sponsored

dave343

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Country flag
Anyone else into this?
I used to skate a lot now I cant right now...discovered fingerboard a few months back.

Now i plan to build me a sweet miniature park in my garage and stuff...I love it its really fun.

I link also a cool quick video for you guys to watch at the same time if you don't know, just watch its pretty awesome and certainly worth the 4min of play time!

Please feel free to post anything and your setups and parks/obstacles youve made or bought....I made my quarter pipe myself and it works really well..

20210908_232809.jpg

20210908_233219.jpg

It's really interesting, I'd like to try it, but I don't have the time((

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
Very nice!

Eventually I want to get into 3D printing. Donā€™t have much time now but eventually want to use the 3D printing for model cars and RC cars.

OP
OP
yansag1982

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Very nice!

Eventually I want to get into 3D printing. Donā€™t have much time now but eventually want to use the 3D printing for model cars and RC cars.
Me too...my TRX4 would LOVE for me to have a 3d printer...i would go nuts šŸ˜‚

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
Me too...my TRX4 would LOVE for me to have a 3d printer...i would go nuts šŸ˜‚
Today I think the TRXm 1/18 scale goes on sale. Not sure which body you have but you could do a mini me if you had the Land Rover or new Bronco TRX4 1/10 truck.

Amazon has the FMS 1/6 Jimny trail/crawler on sale for $140 which is a really good deal. Has working steering which is. Cool. People put 12ā€ GI Joe dudes in it. Needs some easy free mods to make it really functional and a new set of crawler tires will make it much better looking imo. I ordered one last night and a set of Black Friday crawler wheels/tires for $17. Mods involve flipping the axle blocks to above the axles to get more articulation and ground clearance than putting spacers for the steering linkage.

Hereā€™s a video showing the before and after if the mods.

OP
OP
yansag1982

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Today I think the TRXm 1/18 scale goes on sale. Not sure which body you have but you could do a mini me if you had the Land Rover or new Bronco TRX4 1/10 truck.

Amazon has the FMS 1/6 Jimny trail/crawler on sale for $140 which is a really good deal. Has working steering which is. Cool. People put 12ā€ GI Joe dudes in it. Needs some easy free mods to make it really functional and a new set of crawler tires will make it much better looking imo. I ordered one last night and a set of Black Friday crawler wheels/tires for $17. Mods involve flipping the axle blocks to above the axles to get more articulation and ground clearance than putting spacers for the steering linkage.

Hereā€™s a video showing the before and after if the mods.

the big one is 140$? Wow you guys are lucky ..
I've been thinking about getting the white bronco trx4m with the trailer? Not sure...been also thinking a 3d printer instead to print a sick trailer and stuff...a few scale bikes and sleds to put in it and shit...

here's my boy:

Honda Civic 10th gen my new hobby... PXL_20221126_031517315

Originally was a blue TRX4 Traxx, still has the blue body but plasti dipped, and there's a piece of grass on it it's not ''that'' teared up, but it is somewhat...a new body would be nice on this...but i like how it looks.
Got these white beadlock wheels just today, it's nice.

Honda Civic 10th gen my new hobby... PXL_20221126_031229364.PORTRAIT

Last edited:

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
the big one is 140$? Wow you guys are lucky ..
I've been thinking about getting the white bronco trx4m with the trailer? Not sure...been also thinking a 3d printer instead to print a sick trailer and stuff...a few scale bikes and sleds to put in it and shit...

here's my boy:

PXL_20221126_031517315.jpg

Originally was a blue TRX4 Traxx, still has the blue body but plasti dipped, and there's a piece of grass on it it's not ''that'' teared up, but it is somewhat...a new body would be nice on this...but i like how it looks.
Got these white beadlock wheels just today, it's nice.

PXL_20221126_031229364.PORTRAIT.jpg
Whoa thatā€™s pretty sweet! Nice job on that! So unique. I still have the stock red LandRover body on my TRX4.

Actually there is a Cyber Monday sale on the 1/6 Jimny so the price dropped from $140 to $119 so Iā€™m returning the first one and ordered another. They wouldnā€™t do a price adjust meant so I have to return one and get another. Coming on Tuesday.

OP
OP
yansag1982

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Whoa thatā€™s pretty sweet! Nice job on that! So unique. I still have the stock red LandRover body on my TRX4.

Actually there is a Cyber Monday sale on the 1/6 Jimny so the price dropped from $140 to $119 so Iā€™m returning the first one and ordered another. They wouldnā€™t do a price adjust meant so I have to return one and get another. Coming on Tuesday.
Honestly, 119$ is such a good deal...you bought directly from the FMS website mate? I should look more into it and see how it would end up costing having one shipped to me...probably closer to 300$ CAD I would assume but still a banging deal for a 1/6 scale jeep hey

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Honestly, 119$ is such a good deal...you bought directly from the FMS website mate? I should look more into it and see how it would end up costing having one shipped to me...probably closer to 300$ CAD I would assume but still a banging deal for a 1/6 scale jeep hey
You're in Canada? Iā€™m in the US. I got it off Amazon. Maybe you can get it for the same price? Not sure if there is a different Amazon site for Canada, Iā€™ve seen different sites for other countries.

Hereā€™s the link for where I got it from. Hope you can get a good price! Thereā€™s other RC deals going on too. Hope you find something fun! The Losi no prep drag Camaro I saw on sale for $250 which is really good.

Deal of the day: FMS 1/6 Jimny LJ10 RC Crawler RC Car Official Licensed Model Car 15km/h 4WD Hobby RC Crawler RC Cars RS Remote Control Car with LED Lights Vehicle 4-Ch 2.4GHz Transmitter for Adultsā€¦ https://a.co/d/720LbSG

OP
OP
yansag1982

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You're in Canada? Iā€™m in the US. I got it off Amazon. Maybe you can get it for the same price? Not sure if there is a different Amazon site for Canada, Iā€™ve seen different sites for other countries.

Hereā€™s the link for where I got it from. Hope you can get a good price! Thereā€™s other RC deals going on too. Hope you find something fun! The Losi no prep drag Camaro I saw on sale for $250 which is really good.

Deal of the day: FMS 1/6 Jimny LJ10 RC Crawler RC Car Official Licensed Model Car 15km/h 4WD Hobby RC Crawler RC Cars RS Remote Control Car with LED Lights Vehicle 4-Ch 2.4GHz Transmitter for Adultsā€¦ https://a.co/d/720LbSG
the 1/6 FMS jimny would've been 222$CAD to my door which was INDEED a fabulous deal, BUT i wanted a smaller scale truck to carry around and play inside with my boys and stuff and i saw THIS THING which is i think pretty cool and it was 99$ instead of 160$ and no shipping cost so yeah :)
Keep me up to date on your jimny i'd like to see pics of it with the flipped leafs and better wheels on it!

take care man!

https://www.fairrc.com/products/rochobby-1-18-fire-horse

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
the 1/6 FMS jimny would've been 222$CAD to my door which was INDEED a fabulous deal, BUT i wanted a smaller scale truck to carry around and play inside with my boys and stuff and i saw THIS THING which is i think pretty cool and it was 99$ instead of 160$ and no shipping cost so yeah :)
Keep me up to date on your jimny i'd like to see pics of it with the flipped leafs and better wheels on it!

take care man!

https://www.fairrc.com/products/rochobby-1-18-fire-horse
$222? Hmmm, thought it would be cheaper? US the Black Friday/Cyber Monday deal was $119US.

Those are really good trucks for the money. The 1/18 scale is getting more and more popular lately. Traxxas has a TRX4m thatā€™s coming out soon that one of my friends really likes. Did I mention this already?She likes the Traxxas brand. That scale is very convenient to just throw in a backpack and just ring it with you to fool around.

A while ago I picked up a used 1/16 scale Traxxas Slash. The brushless version stock uses the smaller 380 size motor. This kid modded his brushed truck which for this size was already huge with a 550 motor but then put in a 540 large can brushless motor. Itā€™s really fun but traction can be tough even with 4wd.

Yeah 1/16-1/18 is cool. are you mostly into crawlers?

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Finished the 1/6 Jimny mods. Stock I wouldnā€™t be very happy with it. It needs some tweaking and also some modifications to make it perform better. The suspension is really stiff and its leaf spring suspension with five leaves at each corner.

So the first thing I did was lifted the suspension and removed three leaf springs in the front and four in the back to get some articulation, which was very limited in stock form. Also, when doing that itā€™s recommended to extend the wheelbase a little bit. It helps with clearance and the longer wheelbase is better for crawling also. Itā€™s not much, maybe half an inch at most? Did it by moving the front axle forward. Has beefy metal diff gears.

I found that the steering was binding and also the suspension was binding because as far as the suspension goes some of the screws were over tightened and didnā€™t allow the suspension to move that well. Also, because I lifted the suspension, I had to modify the location of the steering servo to drop it down a little bit so the steering linkage wouldnā€™t have any binding issues. The steering servo is dropped in from the top under the hood from the factory. Itā€™s in the engine compartment. I had to open up the area on the chassis for the servo and put the servo up from underneath which drops the servo down about a third of an inch or so. Did some detail work with the paint brush and painted the grill. Iā€™ll stick with these tires for now, but may get a set of 120 mm crawler tires in the future.

Honda Civic 10th gen my new hobby... 897BEA23-6090-4AC0-8E98-200315635583

Honda Civic 10th gen my new hobby... E25CD989-E155-40D0-AA87-2B199F0F9718

Honda Civic 10th gen my new hobby... 0A2237AA-0715-4F60-82C6-2BC8F1F18399

Honda Civic 10th gen my new hobby... D16519A8-5762-4A50-8212-B81967707518

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hereā€™s a video showing the steering wheel action. Itā€™s cool seeing the dudes arms move when you are driving around.

OP
OP
yansag1982

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Finished the 1/6 Jimny mods. Stock I wouldnā€™t be very happy with it. It needs some tweaking and also some modifications to make it perform better. The suspension is really stiff and its leaf spring suspension with five leaves at each corner.

So the first thing I did was lifted the suspension and removed three leaf springs in the front and four in the back to get some articulation, which was very limited in stock form. Also, when doing that itā€™s recommended to extend the wheelbase a little bit. It helps with clearance and the longer wheelbase is better for crawling also. Itā€™s not much, maybe half an inch at most? Did it by moving the front axle forward. Has beefy metal diff gears.

I found that the steering was binding and also the suspension was binding because as far as the suspension goes some of the screws were over tightened and didnā€™t allow the suspension to move that well. Also, because I lifted the suspension, I had to modify the location of the steering servo to drop it down a little bit so the steering linkage wouldnā€™t have any binding issues. The steering servo is dropped in from the top under the hood from the factory. Itā€™s in the engine compartment. I had to open up the area on the chassis for the servo and put the servo up from underneath which drops the servo down about a third of an inch or so. Did some detail work with the paint brush and painted the grill. Iā€™ll stick with these tires for now, but may get a set of 120 mm crawler tires in the future.

0A2237AA-0715-4F60-82C6-2BC8F1F18399.jpeg
Your new truck looks sick man :) love the laptop and everything it's super sweeet :)
Yes 222$CAD which you need 1.35$CAD to make 1$US so yeah it was very cheap i had it in my cart and almost pulled the trigger on it but decided to go with a smaller machine instead...

Yeah i'm into crawlers big time the last few months but i also have a Arrma BigRock but it comes with plastic differential gears and it's always chewing them...i'll need to drop big bucks into it this spring to make the drivetrain full metal and stuff cause right now even if i'm careful with to not land on the trottle and stuff it's always chewing up gears within 5 to 10 packs, every time...so yeah :p

I can't wait to pick a figurine for my little crawler and paint some accents on it and make it my own like you did yours, probably will do the roof and fenderd with black plasti dip and stuff... :)

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Your new truck looks sick man :) love the laptop and everything it's super sweeet :)
Yes 222$CAD which you need 1.35$CAD to make 1$US so yeah it was very cheap i had it in my cart and almost pulled the trigger on it but decided to go with a smaller machine instead...

Yeah i'm into crawlers big time the last few months but i also have a Arrma BigRock but it comes with plastic differential gears and it's always chewing them...i'll need to drop big bucks into it this spring to make the drivetrain full metal and stuff cause right now even if i'm careful with to not land on the trottle and stuff it's always chewing up gears within 5 to 10 packs, every time...so yeah :p

I can't wait to pick a figurine for my little crawler and paint some accents on it and make it my own like you did yours, probably will do the roof and fenderd with black plasti dip and stuff... :)
Cool! I was in a crawler phase a while ago so I have a few of those. I usually donā€™t buy stuff new just because Iā€™m trying to save money so I found a couple used ones that were good deals. Crawling is a bit different than going all out fast and bashing. I have my phases, so Iā€™m kind of in and out. Before the Jimny I was fooling around with a no prep drag car that Iā€™m making into a Plymouth Superbird. Actually, I think you are from Montreal, is that correct? About 35 years ago ( Yeah Iā€™m an old guy sorta!) when I was a teenager I used to drive up to Brossard to visit my family up there. And I remember I used to always see a white 1970 Plymouth Superbird a few miles after getting into the Canadian border. Used to be in the same spot every time I saw it. Then in the next driveway I would see a Graabber Blue 1979 Biss 302 Mustang. Then one day both just disappeared and I never saw it again. I mustā€™ve seen it like 10 times at least.

Sorry but I digress, back to crawlers. Have you heard of the HG P407? It is a bit of a taboo RC vehicle because it is a clone of the Tamiya bruiser. It is so close that you can actually switch the bodies and some parts from the Tamiya to the HG version. The difference being is that the HG version cost a quarter of what the Tamiya version went for. I think in 2012 Tamia re-released the bruiser and it was like $800 for the kit. When I bought my P407 I paid $200 ready to run. For $200 I couldnā€™t resist. It has so much metal on it and again, it looks so much, if not identical from 5 feet away to the Tamiya bruiser. I have actually seen somebody trying to pass a P407 off as a Tamiya bruiser. I forget what it was but they were differences in the color of the frame or the transmission. You can still find this kit. It has a three speed transmission. They call it three speed but itā€™s not like a three speed in a real car. It has low four-wheel-drive, high rear wheel drive, and then high four-wheel-drive. All remotely controlled at the transmitter.

Honda Civic 10th gen my new hobby... EC4FBB39-9D20-4FBD-B421-879A267E4603

Honda Civic 10th gen my new hobby... D6F053B5-840C-45F6-AC41-4544C4D458D5

Honda Civic 10th gen my new hobby... C7F7CDE8-9E80-4436-A369-8CCFFAB3433A

Honda Civic 10th gen my new hobby... BE591C9E-D943-4DC2-9D97-62D5C8724AF7