John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX, 2022 Honda Navi
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
TLDR: TSP assured me item was in stock and ready to ship. It wasn't. Said it would meet a deadline. It didn't. Charged me restocking and shipping fee to send back half an order (on top of what I paid UPS for initial shipping and return shipping). Blamed me and tried claiming "they lost money".

I contacted @Two Step Performance about their big brake kit for the 2016+ Civic on August 29th. I asked if the item was in stock and ready to ship. I was told the item was not in their warehouse, but that it would ship from the supplier and was in stock. I made it clear that I needed the item before September 17th. That way I could get them installed before a show that day. I was again assured that they were in stock and should arrive in plenty of time.

I placed the order feeling assured that the items would arrive on time, and that I would have time to install them before the 17th. I also paid for shipping because it was the only option (despite the "All orders over $X ship free claim). I was later told that some items don't ship free and that I should've read the fine print on some page that doesn't appear at any point during the ordering process.

On September 7th, I received a "the last item in your order has been delivered" email. When I opened the package, I received everything with the exception of the rotors. I contacted UPS to see if the rotors were in a second box. They weren't. I then reached out to TSP and asked where my rotors were. The next day I was told the rotors would ship on September 19th. Which means I likely wouldn't receive them until the 20th at the absolute earliest and the 23rd if I'm realistic (CA -> MI).

I informed TSP that this a pretty drastic difference from what I was originally told. They told me that they could maybe speed up the process, but the parts would still not make it in time. They also tried pawning it off on their "**Please note, these kits are built to order and there may be a short delay before your order ships. The lead time varies but often ranges between 3-5 business days.**" policy. Well sorry, but 3-5 business days isn't the same as August 29th to September 20th and it isn't "in stock" (giving them the benefit of the doubt, 15 business days but really more like 18-19).

I asked to start a return, because at this point there was no point in waiting for the parts. They told me they would do a return, but that I should wait until the rotors arrive. Oh good, I've already paid $150 to have a partial order shipped to me. Let me sit and wait so that I can pay even more to ship everything back. After a week or so of constantly asking for updates on if the rotors has been returned to vendor so I could ship what I received back, I reached out to Fast Brakes (the supplier). They confirmed that they had already told TSP the rotors were being routed back and to start the return. TSP just hadn't bothered to tell me.

So I scheduled a pickup and paid UPS $80 to ship the half kit back to Fast Brakes. TSP eventually gave me my refund. However they decided that they were going to take out a restocking fee and a shipping fee. They tried justifying it like this:
Two Step Performance said:
We try very hard to avoid restocking fees if at all possible. These fees cover our expenses and seeing as we have lost money on this as well, I can't really make those fees go away as much as I would like to.
Coincidentally, this "shipping fee" is the exact amount they're trying to short me on my refund. Restocking fee? You lied about if an item was in stock, you never possessed it to begin with, and then you have the audacity to charge me a restocking fee? You charge me a shipping fee despite me paying all the shipping costs only to receive a partial order because, again, you lied. I sent them a screenshot of what the order costs $1199.99 - $119.99 (military discount). Ironically, now the site wants to offer me free shipping on the item that was deemed not eligible. So you would think I would be getting my $1080 refund, but I'm only receiving $1015 because of some "shipping fee". Why am I pissed about a $65 difference? Because I was lied to, blamed, and set fire to $150+80 in shipping costs.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE CLOWNS. They do not know their own inventory. They will lie to you. They will shirk responsibility. They will try to duck and dodge any accountability. If any of you doubt me, I will be happy to provide email after email showing their tactics.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
slwkrt

slwkrt

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Two Step Performance - Utter Garbage 1665436182589

Here is what I should be receiving back. *Note the free shipping that I was told wasn't possible.* When asked about this, this is the response from TSP:

So, I took the MSRP of the kit ($1,199) then deducted 10% for the restocking fee ($119.99) and shipping fee ($65). That then comes to $1,015 for a refund.
We try very hard to avoid restocking fees if at all possible. These fees cover our expenses and seeing as we have lost money on this as well, I can't really make those fees go away as much as I would like to.

As for the shipping fees, we do our best to absorb the cost on those, but we do advise customers to be prepared to pay for some of the cost of oversized/overweight packages. Looks like on the initial order, FedEx Express Saver was selected, which is an expedited shipping.
Restocking what? I shipped the items back to Fast Brakes. They were never yours to begin with.

You have lost money as well? How? I paid for shipping both ways. I didn't get what I ordered when I was told I would get it. You took part of my refund as a "shipping fee" despite me being the one to pay $150 to FedEx for initial shipping because there was only one shipping option available when I placed the order. I paid UPS $80 to ship the items back to Fast Brakes. So please...do tell where you "lost money" or paid a dime out of your pocket for "shipping fees".

Last edited:
OP
OP
slwkrt

slwkrt

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Oh and a big thanks to @Vincent@27WON for their customer service. I messaged him after @Two Step Performance told me I wouldn't get the rotors on time. He checked and confirmed that he had a kit ready in the color I needed and "I can ship it today". True to his word, it shipped that day, and I received it the next day (overnight parts from Vegas).

Jason Baker

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Clearly you are annoyed with TSP. I think we all understand that here in your words.

TBH …. I’ve only had very positive results from TSP. Like most all companies nowadays, they too, utilize off-site distribution at times.
Welcome to capitalism in America!

Im willing to bet that if you reach out to them in a different manner, they may just work with ya.

Side note**** none of us are on The Discovery Channel in an ultimate Civic build-off where we are pressed for every available minute to “build” these cars for fear of “upsetting the client”.
Plan accordingly so that UPS doesn’t fuck up your “plans” for a show that might be unrealistic.
Just saying.
Best of Luck Homie

OP
OP
slwkrt

slwkrt

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
(1)Clearly you are annoyed with TSP. I think we all understand that here in your words.

(2)TBH …. I’ve only had very positive results from TSP. Like most all companies nowadays, they too, utilize off-site distribution at times.
Welcome to capitalism in America!

(3)Im willing to bet that if you reach out to them in a different manner, they may just work with ya.

Side note**** none of us are on The Discovery Channel in an ultimate Civic build-off where we are pressed for every available minute to “build” these cars for fear of “upsetting the client”.
(4)Plan accordingly so that UPS doesn’t fuck up your “plans” for a show that might be unrealistic.
Just saying.
Best of Luck Homie
(1) Annoyed is an understatement. I'm out $230 in to and from shipping to FedEx+UPS, plus another $65 in "fees" for items I never received. How do you like being cheated out of money you worked hard for?
(2) Thank you for that economics lesson.
(3) I'm willing to bet that after nearly 40 back and forth emails with multiple customer service people at their company and no progress, I have reached out enough and been patient enough.
(4) FedEx didn't screw me. They delivered what they were given in a timely manner. TSP saying they had something in stock when in reality they wouldn't for almost a month is what screwed me.

Thank you for your constructive criticism. It is very appreciated.

Last edited:

OP
OP
slwkrt

slwkrt

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hi John,

For what it is worth, the brake kit distributor has not yet issued a credit for your return. Savannah issued an expedited refund (knowing how long you have already waited) while we await the final credit from Fast Brakes. We will continue to work with them to help make sure you get the most money back.

I'm unsure of why you were only offered Fedex Express Saver at checkout. Our shipping policies have not changed over this time period. My only guess would be that maybe Fedex Ground's server may have been temporarily unavailable, causing a rate to not be returned. While your comments and actions are frustrating, we will continue to work on this for you. Have a good one.

Thanks,

Corey
Two Step Performance
Those last two lines just really make me chuckle. My comments and actions are frustrating? Woof. Writing that takes some balls.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Those last two lines just really make me chuckle. My comments and actions are frustrating? Woof. Writing that takes some balls.
Your attitude regarding this makes me wonder if they should even bother trying to help you out anymore at this point.

OP
OP
slwkrt

slwkrt

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Your attitude regarding this makes me wonder if they should even bother trying to help you out anymore at this point.
My attitude of asking for my money back for failure to receive goods that I purchased? For being told one thing and then having something else entirely happen? For asking them to be accountable?

Shame on me. How dare I?

*Related note: I'm not asking for my $150 FedEx shipping charge back, or even for the $80 I gave UPS to ship the items back. Just a refund for the cost of the item. That's it....so unreasonable.*

Last edited:

Old F@rt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe, 2016 Z51 Stingray, 2006 Tundra
Country flag
OP, first off as former Military myself, thank you for your service.
After reading the posts (& hind sight of course is great), I can only say that when you placed the order & was charged shipping on a "Free Shipping" item, I would have immediately ended transaction. I've purchased from TSP several times. Have I ever had an issue with them? Yes, one time, but issue was resolved via 1 email in 1 day & I've always been impressed with their customer service. I understand your frustration at being out $$$ & wonder if you could have filed a dispute with credit card to block entire payment & then demanded a return shipping label from supplier.
Maybe some middle ground can be struck.

OP
OP
slwkrt

slwkrt

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
OP, first off as former Military myself, thank you for your service.
After reading the posts (& hind sight of course is great), I can only say that when you placed the order & was charged shipping on a "Free Shipping" item, I would have immediately ended transaction. I've purchased from TSP several times. Have I ever had an issue with them? Yes, one time, but issue was resolved via 1 email in 1 day & I've always been impressed with their customer service. I understand your frustration at being out $$$ & wonder if you could have filed a dispute with credit card to block entire payment & then demanded a return shipping label from supplier.
Maybe some middle ground can be struck.
HOOAH!

I was hoping to solve this with them directly and avoid the need to get my bank/Visa involved. I certainly didn't want to have to make all of this public, but at this point I feel it's needed so that people have an idea of who they are dealing with. I was willing to accept (on August 29th) that I would have to pay for shipping as the item is oversized. My anger comes at being given shifting explanations, being told I didn't read things properly, and then generally being blamed for the errors I had nothing to do with. Finding out the item should've been shipped for free after the fact is just an extra kick in the nuts, but I've already set that aside as sunk cost.

Since this couldn't be resolved amicably, I will be talking to my bank/Visa and requesting the money that I am owed...which is nothing except what I paid for the item.

Jason Baker

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
(1) Annoyed is an understatement. I'm out $230 in to and from shipping to FedEx+UPS, plus another $65 in "fees" for items I never received. How do you like being cheated out of money you worked hard for?
(2) Thank you for that economics lesson.
(3) I'm willing to bet that after nearly 40 back and forth emails with multiple customer service people at their company and no progress, I have reached out enough and been patient enough.
(4) FedEx didn't screw me. They delivered what they were given in a timely manner. TSP saying they had something in stock when in reality they wouldn't for almost a month is what screwed me.

Thank you for your constructive criticism. It is very appreciated.
I totally get what you are saying! I appreciate that you are annoyed and yes, maybe this all has merit. We all hear you bro!
I am in the same boat with you! I am returning my Joying radio today because after 4 weeks of fucking around with it, no one can help me. Yes the people at Joying in some-fuckin-place-China are trying to help but I have given up. I am returning this radio that I spent $680 on only to lose $120 in mailing it back.
Do I expect them to refund me what I just lost on shipping? Nope. I'll be lucky if I get most of my money back for a perfectly good radio that I could not figure out.
Just saying...... sometimes, but not often, we will eat shit in this hobby of ours. Not fun but it's an unfortunate consequence of this game.
I sincerely hope you get some help with this.
Sponsored