First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic type r, 1996 civic ex
Country flag
I have 70A hasport, so couple things
Made my car vibrate on revs, no wheel hop, kinda aggressive at first but when they soften up which takes months, i love them cuz they are saving my other mounts and now they dont vibrate like they did at first. You'll get used to it, at first you're gonna wish you bought 62A but 70A is better after break in.....months later
Sponsored

stariq812

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW FK8
Country flag
I have 70A hasport, so couple things
Made my car vibrate on revs, no wheel hop, kinda aggressive at first but when they soften up which takes months, i love them cuz they are saving my other mounts and now they dont vibrate like they did at first. You'll get used to it, at first you're gonna wish you bought 62A but 70A is better after break in.....months later
Hey question for you, when mouting the transmission side did you notice a gap where the mount connects to the transfer case. or if you have any pictures that would help too

Chizzo

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yea your talking about the black metal bracket on the transmission side right, yes there is a gap between that bracket and the transmission

stariq812

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW FK8
Country flag
Yea your talking about the black metal bracket on the transmission side right, yes there is a gap between that bracket and the transmission
so is that how its supposed to be. Doesnt that make the motor sit a bit crooked or at an angle

Chizzo

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Hasport fk8 motor mounts Screenshot_20220908_091419

The gap is on the opposite side of this pic

Chizzo

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I mean you would think so but dont worry about the design too much cuz a computer did all the geometry for us so it is what it is. You gotta remember one side of the drivetrain is heavier and sits unbalanced in the engine bay due to wieght distribution, all your doing is making a mount stronger by going hasport as long as it matches the same geometry as stock parts which it does.

stx.dead.I

First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' TYPE R
Country flag
Anyone have a link to what he is talking about regarding the "foam re-enforcements"

so I have the 62A - I preface this, the first run kits only had 62A and 70A, and were fairly new in their use of the urethane they were using. the 70A at the time was suggested to be like the older 92A - and the 62A was like 74A.
my experience reflects this to be mostly true - they do calm down after a break-in.

I have zero regrets, although I would have done foam re-enforcements sooner; and might have ordered 70A, the positives to traction, and the overall feel of the car makes it a top choice IMO.

Dr_Drache

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 CRX - 2017 FK8 TypeR
Country flag
Anyone have a link to what he is talking about regarding the "foam re-enforcements"
Yessir - in my car (albeit likely many others) the A-Pillar interior trim rattles a bit. the re-enforcement was actually just adding foam weatherstripping to the area to stop the rattle, which was increased significantly; I guess my wording just sucked.

jayevo23

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR
Country flag
I'm not sure how many people came from Evos to the Type R, but I remember having the Tomei exhaust on my evo and the NVH that came from having that installed. I'm wondering if the NVH is similar to that or worst? This is my first Honda so I never had engine mounts installed on a car before. All I knew was Evos prior to the Type R.

Chizzo

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm not sure how many people came from Evos to the Type R, but I remember having the Tomei exhaust on my evo and the NVH that came from having that installed. I'm wondering if the NVH is similar to that or worst? This is my first Honda so I never had engine mounts installed on a car before. All I knew was Evos prior to the Type R.
Here's me back in the evo x days, super fun car but drinks gas like a pirate in port. The NVH is harsh at first but gets better over the course of months. After that ...you will forget they are even there at least for the 70A Hasport mounts.
Honda Civic 10th gen Hasport fk8 motor mounts Screenshot_20220916-182051_Gallery

jayevo23

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR
Country flag
Here's me back in the evo x days, super fun car but drinks gas like a pirate in port. The NVH is harsh at first but gets better over the course of months. After that ...you will forget they are even there at least for the 70A Hasport mounts.
Screenshot_20220916-182051_Gallery.jpg
yeah it was. I actually miss mine.

Honda Civic 10th gen Hasport fk8 motor mounts 8707D154-EE7C-4379-BE28-32F36B71D50C

Civictyperyuko

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic type r
Country flag
these were made because the shop couldn't be bothered to email hasport, and find out he was putting the mount in... upside-down.

I've had 30K+ on my full mounts. without anything other than what hasport sent me.

this is normal, this is done for ease of installation, and it will tighten down. my original set was so tight, I had to bend it open to fit the mount in.
lol fr? no way. im considering buying the full mount but this uneven engine thing has me concerened

Sinistah89

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Assuming in traffic these would be the most annoying right?
I have the RMM installed, and bought the Side mounts, but im not sure if i should install them...
Any updates on the street users?