The Official ACUITY Instruments CivicX product launch thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
ACUITY

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Wanted to say I finally installed the cable bushings. Very impressed with the difference. I might go so far to say that, it made as much improvement, as installing the the shifter bushings, spring, spring etc!
Glad to hear it. :) Thanks for sharing! Yeah, for those that really pay attention to the small details of how their car operates, these really add some refinement. They should give you many years of crisp shifting.

~Russ
Sponsored

Mr. X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R #45600
Country flag
Sorry if this post isn't in the right area, but I was wondering... If I purchase the ESCO-T6 shift knob...do I NEED the Acuity shift boot collar as well? Or can I just purchase the knob and screw it on? @ACUITY TIA!

OP
OP
ACUITY

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Sorry if this post isn't in the right area, but I was wondering... If I purchase the ESCO-T6 shift knob...do I NEED the Acuity shift boot collar as well? Or can I just purchase the knob and screw it on? @ACUITY TIA!
Good question! The answer is....it depends. haha. If you have a 10th gen Si, the Si's nut and collar will work with the ESCO-T6 just fine, but note that the Si's collar is a bit wider than the bottom of the ESCO, so it will stick out slightly. That said, it will still clip together as Honda intended and hold the shift boot up. If you have a base model, you definitely need a shift boot collar too as the base model's boot clips directly to the OEM knob and not to a nut like on the Si and R. If you have a type R, it won't be as plug-and-play as on the Si, but you can make it work if you place a washer between the nut and knob that is about 2mm thick and no larger in diameter than the nut (or you can just use our shift boot collar kit on the Type R if you prefer). Hope that helps!

~russ

Mr. X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Good question! The answer is....it depends. haha. If you have a 10th gen Si, the Si's nut and collar will work with the ESCO-T6 just fine, but note that the Si's collar is a bit wider than the bottom of the ESCO, so it will stick out slightly. That said, it will still clip together as Honda intended and hold the shift boot up. If you have a base model, you definitely need a shift boot collar too as the base model's boot clips directly to the OEM knob and not to a nut like on the Si and R. If you have a type R, it won't be as plug-and-play as on the Si, but you can make it work if you place a washer between the nut and knob that is about 2mm thick and no larger in diameter than the nut (or you can just use our shift boot collar kit on the Type R if you prefer). Hope that helps!

~russ
Thank you for the info!

OP
OP
ACUITY

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Hi, when is your next sale for the acuity shifter? I’m looking to buy one.
We only run one sale a year, during the Black Friday / Cyber Monday weekend. That said, you can order through our site and receive free shipping on orders over $100 anywhere in the continental USA.

Mr. X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have the POCO knob with the collar that it came with installed on my car right now. If I wanted to switch to a different shift knob, would the acuity boot collar need to come off as well?

OP
OP
ACUITY

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
The POCO collars are only compatible with POCO knobs. If it has an aluminum POCO or an insulated POCO, you can swap between those without switching the collar. If you want to go to a totally different knob, consider our 1924 boot collar kits instead as they're designed to be more universal. Note that the POCO is reducing your shift through a bit because it is so deeply countersunk, so when using another knob, expect a potentially longer throw as well.

GavinOC

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R Boost Blue Pearl
Country flag
I just installed the stage 3, shift link bushings, 1924 collar and Esco shift knob to my FK8.

Everything is set to 3 while I get used to it. Extremely happy with the products!

Last edited:
OP
OP
ACUITY

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
I just installed the stage 3, shift link bushings, 1924 collar and Esco shift knob to my FK8.

Everything is set to 3 while I get used to it. Extremely happy with the products!
Glad it's treating you well.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.