After 6000 miles or 10,000 km i feel that everything rattles

eXultanCe

eXult
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
In trying to make the best out of a bad situation, I keep hoping that these rattles are all I'm gonna get for the next few years. If I can't resolve them, fine, I'll hopefully forget about them eventually. My biggest concern is what is going to happen in 2-3 years?

I'm leasing my car right now. The intention was to lease, then finance it later. But if these things do not get resolved soon, I'll be just be returning it at the end. It's a shame because I bought a couple things to make the car a little nicer (Exhaust tips, some interior mods, door sills, etc.) and now I'm worried about putting them on and having issues at me end of lease.
Sponsored

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
these new cars are just riddled with small annoying issues! Whatever happened to quality control and extensive testing.
A lot of you probably don't remember but back in the day most cars Interiors were made of metal Parts instead of plastic. Plastic always has imperfections when molded and when snap-together like it is it's bound to rattle. Just something you have to get used to.

wilbur_the_goose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Coupe Touring, '14 BMW 328i Sport Line
Country flag
Let's be real here.

I have a '16 Civic Coupe (Touring). But I've also owned 4 new/almost new BMW 3-series cars.

Trust me, the BMWs have quirks too. One had a always "chirping" fan. One had irritating road noise when you coasted. I had one with severed engine mount bolts. One with a control panel (speedo, tach, etc) that shorted out and needed to be completely replaced. Xenon headlights going out. Front axle issues. Squeaky struts. And, yes, BMWs can rattle too!

Yet, I've bought 4 of them because they drive so well. The new Civic - at least mine - drives very nicely and packs a ton of tech. The Civic SXM radio sounds better than the BMW. I prefer adaptive cruise in the Civic. The Civic uses REGULAR gas! A Civic oil change doesn't cost $100. You can get a brake job on a Civic anywhere (don't try that with a BMW).

Is it perfect - no. I hate the rear brake light cover falling off. But let's be real people.

eXultanCe

eXult
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
Let's be real here.

I have a '16 Civic Coupe (Touring). But I've also owned 4 new/almost new BMW 3-series cars.

Trust me, the BMWs have quirks too. One had a always "chirping" fan. One had irritating road noise when you coasted. I had one with severed engine mount bolts. One with a control panel (speedo, tach, etc) that shorted out and needed to be completely replaced. Xenon headlights going out. Front axle issues. Squeaky struts. And, yes, BMWs can rattle too!

Yet, I've bought 4 of them because they drive so well. The new Civic - at least mine - drives very nicely and packs a ton of tech. The Civic SXM radio sounds better than the BMW. I prefer adaptive cruise in the Civic. The Civic uses REGULAR gas! A Civic oil change doesn't cost $100. You can get a brake job on a Civic anywhere (don't try that with a BMW).

Is it perfect - no. I hate the rear brake light cover falling off. But let's be real people.
I guess because the cars I have been in didn't really have rattles, I end up bothered by the ones on mine. I will stop my bitching once I fix my steering wheel one. The others are too small, so I don't care. I've resorted to using electrical tape on shit to see if I can figure out what pieces are causing the rattle.

Thank you for your input. I know it sucks to hear that, but knowing you had issues with even BMWs does make me feel a little more at ease that I didn't just simply get a shitty car, but a normal car thats bound to have small issues here and there.

wilbur_the_goose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Coupe Touring, '14 BMW 328i Sport Line
Country flag
Heck - I flew on a Boeing 787-900 from Newark to London in August. Brand new plane. And trust me, there were squeaks and rattles.

PS - That's one helluva plane.

brclark80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, Rallye Red
Country flag
My EX-T sedan has almost 17k miles and I don't have any rattles at all. I go up and down a mile long bumpy dirt road twice a day.

NicoleBcourt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 Touring
Country flag
So I went to Honda to fix some of those rattles and they said it was based on how I drove the car !?!?!? I have 4457.3km in a freaking year. Like wtf ... People are saying it's an entry level car but I would say that's the Honda Fit. I paid 27k for this. If it wasn't for the decent interior that the accord and mostly none of the other (entry level) brands have, I would have changed my car a while back. Very disappointed.

Abramumum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 civic sedan LX CVT
My sub makes something over my glovebox rattle slightly, and laying a hand on it stops ot. I've yet to investigate further . Thats it. 11,000km. And I've taken it ovet a lot of rough roads . Even my alignment is still good .

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
You definitely won't find a car that is completely problem free. But and Audi BMW or Mercedes must have better interior quality. if not then they should just buy a Honda lol. I might save up for a couple years and then just buy a 328i and get an extended bumper to bumper warranty.
I had for 3 weeks the Audi A3 and it was $8,000 more than my touring. It is considered comparable to the Civic touring. Audi was cheaper on the interior and the hesitation was disgusting off idle. I tried two of them. Same thing in both A3's. The Audi had no LED headlights. No Sensing package, no cameras anywhere, no heated seats (maybe just fronts), definitely no radio screen like we have in the Touring, or gps. The Civic was a better car. The only thing the Audi had on the Civic was the Quattro. Might have better paint. I had Audis since I was driving 27 years ago. Never thought I would be in a Civic. Never! I love my touring.
Audis are way more expensive to fix and yes I had a lot of problems with all of my Audis. I spent about $6,000 in repairs after the warranty. This is not maintenance, I'm talking timing chains, timing belt, serpintine belt, and transmission went, this was On my last A6 4.2 liter. Never again. But with a Civic I believe even after warranty it will not be close to the Audi repairs. I would never buy a BMW I almost did until I spoke with a mechanic that worked on them and even owned a 740. He said not to get one and he was looking at buying an Audi.

Last edited:

eduranjr

First Name
rtet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tgt
Until now my LX Coupe MT with 4k miles is as quiet as the first day...

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Until now my LX Coupe MT with 4k miles is as quiet as the first day...
Mine too. I just have the subwoofer rattle. Living in NJ with all the potholes and crap paving jobs. Believe me my cars suspension and the rest of the car gets rattled around pretty good. I'm quite happy with my car.

eXultanCe

eXult
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
Glad to hear some positivity about the car. I got some gorilla tape and foam, put around the bottom AC vent, and that fixed my rattle in the dash. I'm happy with it. The other two I have are minor, but I have confidence they'll be easy to fix. I'm finally starting to enjoy my car, and already bought some little things to give it a nice touch.

eduranjr

First Name
rtet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tgt
The only complaint of my coupe is the damn 3rd break stop housing, gorilla glued it but still hangs from the left side... other that that, running strong, and by the way, waiting for my new wheel set from wheelhero.com... 18 x 8 38off and 225-40!
Sponsored