OP
defsaturn6501

defsaturn6501

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
ulieq do you have some interesting fascination with snow and civics? lol

Im thinking if you keep this car outside on a heavy snow, you might now be able to open the door as the snow can settle on the crevice below the door...let me know if you have any experience with snow on the car..
I'm thinking those grills break once they get packed with snow/ice.
Sponsored

richtj22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4dr Civic LX 2008 Suzuki SX4 Sport
Just picked up my 17 Sport Hatch in black, really like the wheels over the EX model. Black is going to be a pain to keep clean, but liked the look the best of the colors I had seen. Had been waiting about 7 weeks for it to come in. I'm with some of the other posts, wish the dual center exhaust was a little louder, but is better than the non sport models sound. Haven't driven a lot, but super impressed with smoothness of the ride, the 18"wheels don't ride much different than the 17" on the EX models. Was coming out of an 13 SI, with the 6 speed, but I'm an old coot,thought I would try the CVT. Paddle shifters work well. Chassis seems much more solid than my older SI. Is very quiet for a hatchback, some older Honda's and other cars I've had were much more noisy.
DSC00222.JPG
DSC00223.JPG
DSC00224.JPG
DSC00225.JPG
DSC00226.JPG
It is either the black or the sonic grey that is the best color to me on this car. Test driving one tomorrow. I will give my enthusiasts impression.

CivicVIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK2
Vehicle Showcase
Just got my Hatchback two days ago. Proud first Honda Owner! I finally traded my Hyundai Elantra GT and bought this baby!! I thought about the trims a lot, and opted for the LX, mainly because I don't need the extra features all the trims come with a 1.5 turbo (with the exception of the sport and sport touring gaining 6 more hp).

The attached photo has stock windows right now and just a while ago I added some tints to it. will post update soon!

IMG_1163.JPG
IMG_1164.JPG
Looks great without the foglights :cool:

richtj22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4dr Civic LX 2008 Suzuki SX4 Sport
Test drove a sport 6MT today.

Most noticeable aspect, the clutch. SUPER LIGHT! It grabs early with a semi progressive take and is very easy to get used to. Car exhibits turbo lag but is happy to go. The exhaust note is muted until about 4.5K and there is a decent note that makes you want to do it again. The car is VERY FLAT in hard turns and the tires grip well! I really wanted to take it to some back roads for some romping because in my 20 min in it, I can tell it will be a hoot! The transmission is not a perfect mate to this engine but that is not a bad thing, the throws are accurate and the gearing is very short for around town, enough to make it fun. Having the brake assist was nice in traffic as well. Car rides smooth over shitty NJ roads for having 18" rims with little sidewall. I would be willing to bet that after though that after 4 years of wear and tear on the suspension, the car will be a bit more rough to ride. For a $20K car it was also plenty quiet and has decent fit and finish, not GTI level but surprisingly close. The cockpit felt comfortable with plenty of manual adjustment in the seat and steering wheel to any desire or body type. The only thing awkward for me was reaching up to shifter as I am used to reaching down to shift in my current car. The back seats were VERY COMFORTABLE and had a good amount of room for my 6'1" frame and legs, I would say that was the biggest surprise to me about the car. As we all know the biggest disappointment was what my wife noticed right away, the lack of feature content... I used this very point to tell the dealer that I would only buy the car if we could get a "good deal" which I said was $21K OTD (would hope for $22K?). Arbitrarily, I didn't like the light silver color of the car that I drove we saw a dark grey (wife favorite), but I would prefer either black or and the sonic grey (my favorite). I left it with the dealer by saying that we will talk again after NOV. 15th when we figure out if the Si hatch is coming out (my dream car). Chances look bleak but a sport would give me 75% of what I am looking for and I could live with that for 10 years... If you have any questions please ask and I can give my best impression. Thanks for reading!

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the review. It still sucks that we can't get the sunroof/ carplay etc. with the manual in a US hatch. That and the fact the Sport needs premium to get the added power numbers.

I'm probably gonna get an EX hatch as that trim seems to offer the best overall package as a daily commuter.

ride4it

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GSR
Honda Civic 10th gen Just bought a Civic Hatch Sport! IMG_0548

Hey folks. First post… since I just a hatch, figure I will be around here for a while.

I brought the silver sport hatch because I like to fly low in my daily driver... but I am finding even in sliver it draw more attention than I like.

I have done my rush hour commute and weekend shuttling kids around and as far as daily drivability with the 18's, I agree with richtj22's review that its entirely livable. The suspension has quite a bit of well damped travel to it and does a great job of soaking up bumps (wrx like came to my mind). I was driving the left lane of the George Washington parkway (DC) this week which is notorious for its drainage grates and torn up asphalt, and the car was perfectly at home. Of course that was with the tires at full tread depth....not sure yet, but I may still consider some 16's with all seasons for winter and all around beating.

I have found it to be a completely practical and fun to drive car - from beltway traffic, to hauling kids, bike gear, and home store runs. For cyclist out there, it easily swallowed my road bike with one of the rear seats still up, so I was able to pick up my 10 year old without unloading my gear. nice.

I have a dedicated track/autox car (97 GSR) but I cant help but think there is some great potential in this platform. I dont know where it will be classed, but I would think you will see the base, manual sport hatches showing up and being very competitive. I will be interested to see how folks will be setting them up...

Since mine is the DD, bumper to bumper rush hour, have to be drive-able by the wife and in-laws car, I have the CVT. Still, I will sneak mine out to a track day next season to explore its limits and see what kind of characteristics it has... I know, I like to avoid doing that with my DD but I cant help it... I REALLY want to drive one of these with a sorted suspension, manual, and some sticky tires. I think it will rock.

Some other random thoughts:

I am not a moon roof, etc, etc type, so I am love, LOVING that I could get a base hatch with the sport package. It does everything I want - basic phone integration, I can stream tidal, it has auto climate control but you can work it like a conventional system with the knobs (yes!)... speaking of knobs it has a volume knob.

The stock suspension is nice (maybe perfect) for DD duties, but it is soft....driven hard it rolls over but settles nicely (but I am used to cars with 700# coilovers).

There is noticeable turbo lag. Enough that if I were gonna autox it I would be dusting off the left foot braking skills. In fact even in traffic, in order to pull some of those quick lane changes, I find myself left foot braking to build revs, then pulling a quick, smooth launch to change lanes with little drama.

The car has a nice growl to it...just the right amount for my tastes and its intended use. I believe I am also hearing turbo whine, more than I would have thought (and this is not my first turbo car). Nice.

Steering is typical Honda in my experience: on the light side but great feel. Brake pedal is nice and hard.

So far, the CVT has been nice for DD type stuff. The motor seems to have a thick midrange and the CVT does a great job of keeping the rpm's in there, and it still has some shift points for that satisfying feel. I had to do a part throttle acceleration through traffic today and the CVT kept the rpm's fairly steady while the car just built speed. Very little drama - its sorta turbine like...and you have to keep an eye on it because you dont realize how much speed you start carrying. I like passing like that - no commotion, you just sail past. For spirited backroad driving, I think the manual shifters will be a must. The CVT in ‘D’ is just doesn’t know how to do that… initial impression anyways. I haven’t explored that aspect much…

And a quick glance underneath and that underbody fairing kit makes me wonder how much work it will be to change the oil!

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just realized I never test drove the Hatchback. LOL My boy has the Coupe 1.5L so doubt there's any difference either way I'll find out December.

I guess I should take her out.

As for DIY I'm not surprised first learned about it with my sister's 2010 Acura TSX, I usually do the oil changes but had to tell her let the dealership a key care of it, what a PITA.

ride4it

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GSR
I just realized I never test drove the Hatchback. LOL My boy has the Coupe 1.5L so doubt there's any difference either way I'll find out December.

I guess I should take her out.

As for DIY I'm not surprised first learned about it with my sister's 2010 Acura TSX, I usually do the oil changes but had to tell her let the dealership a key care of it, what a PITA.

Dont worry, you're gonna LOVE it :)... It would be very cool if they made a base LX type sport model of the coupe, like they do the hatches...

rkindel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Hatchback, 2010 Mazda MX-5 GT
The engine is so quiet that I haven't really been able to form a opinion of it yet. I can say that the chassis is great though. Very stiff, and quiet, and it allows that suspension to really take a set in corners.

Tsturbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 MDX Advance SH-AWD, 2018 TLX 2.4 w/8DCT
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Just bought a Civic Hatch Sport! IMG_0548

Hey folks. First post… since I just a hatch, figure I will be around here for a while.

I brought the silver sport hatch because I like to fly low in my daily driver... but I am finding even in sliver it draw more attention than I like.
Can you expand more about the car drawing more attention than you like, this is one of my biggest concerns, people already drive crazy and stupid where I live, most are stoned and not paying attention and I don't want to draw others who want to tailgate or be swerving in and out of lanes to try and catch and race.

Last edited:

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited: