Ok gas prices are getting ridiculous....Regular in this car?

RTC975

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP Type-R
Country flag
Though I must credit FL with the lack of potholes. I don't get the whole HOV express lane thing near DC/VA. I have the ezpass tag so I always take these lanes that diverge a bit from the main highway (I-95). The thing is, I'm like the only one who takes these express lane exits, even if there is mild traffic in the main section. Made me think I was on it when it wasn't allowed. Either that, or most drivers who drive on I-95 live in that area and need to take the local exits?
Well it’s surge pricing based. Those lanes. If it’s nasty heavy traffic, the full length can be $25 easy. Worth it. Pass thousands of cars
Sponsored

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well it’s surge pricing based. Those lanes. If it’s nasty heavy traffic, the full length can be $25 easy. Worth it. Pass thousands of cars
So… riddle me this, can a pregnant woman use HOV lanes now based on Roe vs. Wade reversal? You can’t have it both ways.

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Porsche C4S 19 CTR #24184 19 Volvo XC40 R
Country flag
I’ll make y’all feel young.

I remember the long gas lines as a kid during the 1973 OPECker induced shortages.

Also the lowest price I remember was at an Alert station growing up in MD (work still in progress but in FL since ‘81) at 31.9 cents/gallon. My dad remembers 13.9 cents/gal.

FFWD to mid-Jun this year, got 93 in TN/NC (not sure which) for $4.97 and expected it could be last time under $5. It’s $4.20-4.50 now in NW FL. 🙁
Hell! You ain't old! I remember the gas lines in 73 because I sat in them trying to buy gasoline for my new 1972 Celica.

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
So… riddle me this, can a pregnant woman use HOV lanes now based on Roe vs. Wade reversal? You can’t have it both ways.
Well I suppose it depends what state you live in.

RTC975

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP Type-R
Country flag
I know of the texas news story you’re referencing here. I don’t do politics on forums. Express lanes on 95 in DC aren’t HOV, they’re toll lanes.

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well I suppose it depends what state you live in.
Not trying to get political here, just looking for various state policies due to SCOTUS ruling.

I live in the state of Confusion, aka Flarduh.
Maybe each state should treat this the same as concealed carry (double pun score)?

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Not trying to get political here, just looking for various state policies due to SCOTUS ruling.

I live in the state of Confusion, aka Flarduh.
Maybe each state should treat this the same as concealed carry (double pun score)?
FL also Repy

OP
OP
Byron Sexton

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
we are so divided politically might as well have a secession from each other. Cut the united states in half and have 2 presidents. Its that bad

Last edited:

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
There is a case going to court in Texas to answer this question. We shall see.

Type-JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Lexus GS350, B13 Sentra SE-R, '93 Camry, '07 TSX, '13 Odyssey
Country flag
i only went thru 6 pages, but i don't think anyone actually answered the question lol. You can actually drive the car using 87, 89. Someone did it around here on accident o_O . if i remember correctly, they were able to drive it at very low boost but car would randomly hesitate or pull power. I think they also ended up pouring in octane booster as the fuel went lower :dunno:

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
i only went thru 6 pages, but i don't think anyone actually answered the question lol. You can actually drive the car using 87, 89. Someone did it around here on accident o_O . if i remember correctly, they were able to drive it at very low boost but car would randomly hesitate or pull power. I think they also ended up pouring in octane booster as the fuel went lower :dunno:
Someone directly answered the question on page 3.

But just about anyone is going to say that just because you can doesnt mean you should. You pretty much answered the reason why in your post with the car hesitating and pulling power. The risk doesnt outweighs the menial cost benefits.

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Like anyone who rents/leases a "high Octane only" car puts that in it....they rent them, run them, and return them. Then someone buys it "off lease only" and drives it for years.
Sponsored