Change LCD display on LX to Touchscreen from EX?

ags29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
I really wish I had gotten the EX model, but oh well too late now. Can I at least get rid of this crappy LCD screen and switch to a touchscreen someway?

Touchscreens should be standard on all models by now :(
Sponsored

unr1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
L15B7
Country flag
It's likely to be difficult and expensive. I'm sorry. You'll probably have to deal with what you have or go to aftermarket options and hope it integrates well.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Get a double-din aftermarket headunit...cheaper and easier to install, plus you'll have far better sound!

OP
OP

ags29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Get a double-din aftermarket headunit...cheaper and easier to install, plus you'll have far better sound!
Hmm.. I'm waiting to see if someone will put an Android tablet or iPad in there. As long as the car bluetooth and radio still work, I'm good to go.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
I plan to buy aftermarket (Pioneer probably), but curious why a stock 7" would be more difficult to install, I'd think it'd be easier? I can see them being very expensive.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
I plan to buy aftermarket (Pioneer probably), but curious why a stock 7" would be more difficult to install, I'd think it'd be easier? I can see them being very expensive.
Because chances are the wiring harnesses are different, so you'll have to find wiring diagrams and pinouts, and connect them.

The touring headunit has 13 different connectors in the back, and chances are your LX does not have 13 connectors.
Sponsored