2023 Civic Type R Officially Revealed! Will Be Made in Japan!

bring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 CW
Country flag
Everyone has different priorities. Daily drivers, track, weekend fun, tuning/mods, car meets. Looks are subjective too.

It was curious they showed Nurburgring video but not their time. We knew pretty quick about their test track record being set, so I’m guessing they missed the mark in Germany. Also, curious about “most powerful” but no numbers. Guessing it’s only slight gains.
Sponsored

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
I wonder if the ring time didnt beat the current holder so they chose suzuka circuit as its playground and media hype.
Anyways i hope it does well and sells a lot. Would be nice to wave at more type R owners as the very few(3) i have run into are good people.

EuropeanCTR

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FK8
Country flag
Not sure why the obsession with putting a large bright screen right in your sightline. None of my cars have it thankfully but those times are changing and it's harder to avoid.
Dont get me wrong, there is cars where big screens and stuff work. Honda E for example looks lovely, even if i absolutely despise big screens in any vehicle. What do i wanna do with that? Pretend its IMAX and watch a movie? Maybe install DOLBY Surround Sound?

Haha :p

monstarind

Monstar Industries
First Name
Monstar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.monstarind.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R FK8R
Country flag
My initial reaction was underwhelming but as I looked at it more it grew on me quickly. The very subtle features are actually pretty darn effective. Wider fenders, the vents are functional. I think the rear is what had me kinda blah.

Curious to see what type of HP it makes when all is said and done. I would assume it should have in the realm of 340HP based on some of the competitors.

What are you all thinking as far as price? We gonna hit dealer inflation of $60K+??

monstarind

Monstar Industries
First Name
Monstar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.monstarind.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R FK8R
Country flag
I’m bias… I open my garage and get to stare at two FK8s… this would make me a sad panda to look at daily. It’s so… bland? That’s probably why many like it though which I get!

I love radical/ “ugly” cars. It’s just something about edges, wings, vents, etc that I need in life… plus those seats I’m sorry look no way as cool as the FK8s.
Yeah the seats are a big big blah. The FK8R seats are perfection.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
I wonder if the ring time didnt beat the current holder so they chose suzuka circuit as its playground and media hype.
Anyways i hope it does well and sells a lot. Would be nice to wave at more type R owners as the very few(3) i have run into are good people.
Im sure if it had 2 less doors and a shorter wheel base, it would have crushed every record.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
Its gonna be ok man.
I like the car. I can’t afford to drive one, but if i could, black would be my choice so the mirrors and wing match the body. (Gloss black and black wheels is just the current trend. I’m just not a fan of it) It’s just hard to be satisfied initially when something is as hyped up as this and then you have to remember that it is still a civic. Affordability comes with a lot of plastic and compromises.

FK8CW2019

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
My initial reaction was underwhelming but as I looked at it more it grew on me quickly. The very subtle features are actually pretty darn effective. Wider fenders, the vents are functional. I think the rear is what had me kinda blah.

Curious to see what type of HP it makes when all is said and done. I would assume it should have in the realm of 340HP based on some of the competitors.

What are you all thinking as far as price? We gonna hit dealer inflation of $60K+??
Limited production I'm assuming LE pricing 70k +

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
Considering i bought my daughter 2 months ago a 22 base corolla for 26k(OTD)for college and they had a used 2020 civic sport for 32k. Who knows what dealers will do.

i can see a base price at msrp for 45k for the new kid on the block. With normal adm which is now the standard for any car id bet 60 to 70k with adm.

potential buyers bring your lube or knee pads to get a good deal. 🤣

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Got any examples ? What month was your car made in?
Curious as well - I had a 2019 and now 2021 and both were rock solid / are rock solid currently. I dunno I think anyone that gets to build a Type R would have some pride in it, so I think these ones built in England are just as good as Japanese built ones imo.

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
Curious as well - I had a 2019 and now 2021 and both were rock solid / are rock solid currently. I dunno I think anyone that gets to build a Type R would have some pride in it, so I think these ones built in England are just as good as Japanese built ones imo.
apart from the radio randomly rebooting last week (seems to be normal now) I haven’t seen anything weird on mine. And it’s a March 2020 build
Sponsored