Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wunderladenracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag
I did a full brake service a week ago (discs,pads,brake fluid,Stahlbus bleeders...) ,and also cleaned and regreased the sliding pins .They were the same front and back.
You can also see this by checking the part numbers :

EDM parts catalog Rear caliper
EDM brake sliding pins part nr : 45004-SEA-E01
EDM brake bush kit part nr : 45007-SEA-E01
EDM parts catalog Front caliper

The USA Rear caliper pins and bushings are the same part number
USA rear brake Parts catalog

The USA 10th gen civics uses ATE rear calipers and Akebono front calipers. (282mm front and 260mm rear)
The EDM 10th gen civic uses ATE front and ATE rear calipers . (293mm front and 282mm rear)
The USA 10th gen SI also uses Rear ATE and front akebono calipers . (312mm front and 282mm rear)
Fantastic! Thank you for sharing this info!
Sponsored

st4xor

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Received my bushings today and got them installed before a track day tomorrow, what luck!

High quality product, everything fits nice and snug (bushings in to the caliper, slide pins on to the bushings, rubber dust caps, snug all around).

I found it easiest to push the OE rubber bushings through the front of the caliper (outboard of the vehicle) in towards the center of the vehicle.

I didn't have a special tool (if there is one) for the retainer clips that go around the back of the bushings, but it was pretty easy to use two picks to pull the clip open to get it on the back of the bushing and then slide the clip in to the indent:

Honda Civic 10th gen New Product: Rear Brake Caliper Bushings IMG_20220609_204632

The only other thing to mention was that I ended up trying to use my little finger to apply some lube to the o-ring inside the bushing from one end before putting everything together, just to help get everything together (much less play all around, which is what you came for, of course). The slide pins fit in to the bushings nice and snug at the o-ring, and since bushing and o-rings come dry, it seems like the whole assembly appreciated a pretty healthy application of brake lube.

Install was very straightforward, just those minor notes above.

Took just a quick spin around the block. No noticeable noise on a quiet street on in a pretty much completely stock Si. I've got some slightly noisy front brake pads on right now that may mask something, but no rattling noises or anything else noticeable so far.

I will see how everything works out at Summit Point tomorrow for an HPDE. Very satisfied so far 👍

OP
OP
Austin@Wunderladen Racing
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag
Awesome! Thanks for the review, and I look forward to hearing about how your track day goes! I have a video covering the process to remove the stock bushings and installing ours, just need to finish editing it. If anybody has any questions feel free to ask.

Also, if you can find the time to leave a quick and honest review on our site I'd greatly appreciate it. Site reviews help us immensely with reaching new customers and improving buyer confidence :)

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What grease is recommended? Because its stainless steel on brass now I know honda has special grease for the sliding pins which is orange.

OP
OP
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag
What grease is recommended? Because its stainless steel on brass now I know honda has special grease for the sliding pins which is orange.
Standard slide pin grease works fine.

I don't believe the pins are stainless, rather a plated steel which is pretty normal for slide pins. Stainless wouldn't be as strong and would be more costly to produce. I'll take a magnet to them later today to confirm though.

On another note, we do recommend putting a light coat of anti seize in the bore of the caliper where the bushing installs. This just allows for easier removal if they ever need to be uninstalled. Probably not needed for states that don't see harsh winters but we definitely recommend it if you car sees road salt and winter.

Last edited:

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Standard slide pin grease works fine.

I don't believe the pins are stainless, rather a plated steel which is pretty normal for slide pins. Stainless wouldn't be as strong and would be more costly to produce. I'll take a magnet to them later today to confirm though.

On another note, we do recommend putting a light coat of anti seize in the bore of the caliper where the bronze bushing installs. This just allows for easier removal if they ever need to be uninstalled. Probably not needed for states that don't see harsh winters but we definitely recommend it if you car sees road salt and winter.
They are stainless I allready checked with a Magnet when I did my brakes last week.
Because they shined so much in the lathe when I cleaned them with scotch Brite I didn't think they were steel zink plated.

st4xor

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Awesome! Thanks for the review, and I look forward to hearing about how your track day goes!
Brakes felt great on track. I'll admit there were a couple of brake changes I made for this outing, but at their cost I would highly recommend just doing the bushings to eliminate a possible source of slop, inconsistency, and uneven wear. One more thing ruled out. Still no short term drawbacks as far as I can tell. Full context for my before/after is here.

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
Will put it in the OP as well but here's a video that gives an overview of the bushings as well as the install process :)

Great job on the video! Install seems very straight forward. Much appreciated. I can see how this really helps for hard braking on the track but on the street will there be any benefits? Any noticeable difference in pedal feel?

OP
OP
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag
Great job on the video! Install seems very straight forward. Much appreciated. I can see how this really helps for hard braking on the track but on the street will there be any benefits? Any noticeable difference in pedal feel?
Thanks! Yea it's definitely not a hard install by any means. I would say it makes about as much pedal feel difference as if you were to put braided lines on the rear brakes, most people would struggle to really tell a difference.

I will say that they are still worth considering for their better sealing even if you don't do much spirited driving. Our development car only has 30k on it and the original grease was basically dirt.

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
Thanks! Yea it's definitely not a hard install by any means. I would say it makes about as much pedal feel difference as if you were to put braided lines on the rear brakes, most people would struggle to really tell a difference.

I will say that they are still worth considering for their better sealing even if you don't do much spirited driving. Our development car only has 30k on it and the original grease was basically dirt.

I'll definitely order a set when the group buy for the strut locks goes into place. These seem to be a small but very nice value mods.

AlexSt84

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FK7 2019 Sport Plus
Country flag
I did a full brake service a week ago (discs,pads,brake fluid,Stahlbus bleeders...) ,and also cleaned and regreased the sliding pins .They were the same front and back.
You can also see this by checking the part numbers :

EDM parts catalog Rear caliper
EDM brake sliding pins part nr : 45004-SEA-E01
EDM brake bush kit part nr : 45007-SEA-E01
EDM parts catalog Front caliper

The USA Rear caliper pins and bushings are the same part number
USA rear brake Parts catalog

The USA 10th gen civics uses ATE rear calipers and Akebono front calipers. (282mm front and 260mm rear)
The EDM 10th gen civic uses ATE front and ATE rear calipers . (293mm front and 282mm rear)
The USA 10th gen SI also uses Rear ATE and front Nissin calipers . (312mm front and 282mm rear)
So Europe's 10th gen already has rear bushing alike metal one?
Sponsored