Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag

StarCreator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX-T
well ive been doing some research and whatever the first letter is in the build number the f is froyo i believe so
Uh, no. Android version 4.2 is Jelly Bean. The build number is whatever format the integrator wants it to be, and has absolutely nothing to do with the Android version it is based on.

what do u mean...
You've shown a pattern of deciding Honda is at fault for something they did or didn't do, and coming up with reasons to support your theories with no reputable source (an unnamed friend who works at the factory that you conveniently refuse to name is not reputable). You then either go quiet or double down whenever your theory is proven wrong. Just like the time you latched onto a video that you thought proved the 2017 infotainment was better because it was "quad core" (every unit has been quad core for some time). This entire thread from the first post is nothing but misinformation designed to make it look like you know what you are talking about, when it's obvious to everyone you have no clue. It's honestly tiresome to read you going off on slander after slander and it makes it hard to take you seriously.

Last edited:

OP
OP
Ben&Jen

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic
Uh, no. Android version 4.2 is Jelly Bean. The build number is whatever format the integrator wants it to be, and has absolutely nothing to do with the Android version it is based on.

You've shown a pattern of deciding Honda is at fault for something they did or didn't do, and coming up with reasons to support your theories with no reputable source (an unnamed friend who works at the factory that you conveniently refuse to name is not reputable). You then either go quiet or double down whenever your theory is proven wrong. Just like the time you latched onto a video that you thought proved the 2017 infotainment was better because it was "quad core" (every unit has been quad core for some time). This entire thread from the first post is nothing but misinformation designed to make it look like you know what you are talking about, when it's obvious to everyone you have no clue. It's honestly tiresome to read you going off on slander after slander and it makes it hard to take you seriously.
Would you mentioned a friends name that works at Honda on the Internet to get them in trouble dude you're crazy secondly don't read my post it as simple as that ignore them take it for what you want think what you want who cares I'm just trying to help people here who I feel got screwed.

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
I've read there are people that are experiencing issues that can actually be attributed fully to Honda (namely, the screen flicker issue) but there is little to support an assumption that a majority of units are affected. As I said, mine has been nearly flawless. I've also not seen any of the issues brought up on the forum firsthand. Forums have a great way of exaggerating the true scope of any problem. Like any sufficiently advanced technology, there will be some problem units here and there, but until there is evidence there is a problem across every unit, it's better to assume there aren't as many people having problems as you think there are.
I never said a majority, or every unit. For the many, many people that are having problems, according to them, Honda has not been able to fix the problem. If you disagree, you're basically saying many here are either lying, or ignorant.
And I shouldn't have to say that just because yours is "nearly" flawless doesn't mean others aren't having problems.

TheCodifier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
an unnamed friend who works at the factory that you conveniently refuse to name
No journalist will give its sources. It's the foundation of journalism.

Now, even for someone who is not a journalist, having a source inside a company like Honda who provides information, the same basic rule must be applied for simple reasons: Not putting the source in trouble and keep the relationship going for more information in the future.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
No journalist will give its sources. It's the foundation of journalism.

Now, even for someone who is not a journalist, having a source inside a company like Honda who provides information, the same basic rule must be applied for simple reasons: Not putting the source in trouble and keep the relationship going for more information in the future.
We fully understand that, but that is a double edged sword.

A friend at Honda told me the next Civic is going to have a 600hp V8! Can't name him though, you know, protection of sources.

The hate for Ben&Jen is that using your analogy of journalism, he is the equivalent of a tabloid magazine - you know, the ones that suggest Katy Perry is actually jonbenet. He drops sensationalist "insider info" without substantiating evidence (not sources, EVIDENCE), and it's disguised as "helpful information" but is actually neither of those things.

StarCreator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX-T
I never said a majority, or every unit. For the many, many people that are having problems, according to them, Honda has not been able to fix the problem. If you disagree, you're basically saying many here are either lying, or ignorant.
And I shouldn't have to say that just because yours is "nearly" flawless doesn't mean others aren't having problems.
The argument is not that there are zero people having issues, nor that people having issues are somehow lying. The point was that there is no evidence that this is truly a widespread problem. There are thousands of Civics on the road, far more than there are users of this forum. Even a majority of users on a forum would not be a large enough cross section of all Civic owners to break past an acceptable margin of error.

Now, the Consumer Reports stuff is more compelling evidence, but I'm not convinced the beating the Civic took there isn't at all related to the known issues Apple introduced to CarPlay. But I need to look into that more to draw a meaningful conclusion.

OP
OP
Ben&Jen

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic
We fully understand that, but that is a double edged sword.

A friend at Honda told me the next Civic is going to have a 600hp V8! Can't name him though, you know, protection of sources.

The hate for Ben&Jen is that using your analogy of journalism, he is the equivalent of a tabloid magazine - you know, the ones that suggest Katy Perry is actually jonbenet. He drops sensationalist "insider info" without substantiating evidence (not sources, EVIDENCE), and it's disguised as "helpful information" but is actually neither of those things.
This is the other half Jen, I'm gonna say that being a teacher and having some educational and psychological evaluation training of children, I sometimes can put it to good use in every day life, and I would say, you need some therapy sir.

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
The argument is not that there are zero people having issues, nor that people having issues are somehow lying. The point was that there is no evidence that this is truly a widespread problem. There are thousands of Civics on the road, far more than there are users of this forum. Even a majority of users on a forum would not be a large enough cross section of all Civic owners to break past an acceptable margin of error.

Now, the Consumer Reports stuff is more compelling evidence, but I'm not convinced the beating the Civic took there isn't at all related to the known issues Apple introduced to CarPlay. But I need to look into that more to draw a meaningful conclusion.
Nor did I say it was a widespread problem.
Sponsored