NYR2424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Hi all, on the subject of hasport mounts, my mechanic sent me this video below showing considerable gap and paly between the bushing and the bracket. I've read that it's normal and as you tighten it to torque the bracket will close in on the mount. Is this correct? I'm a bit concerned about the change in bracket's integrity - just wanted to see if your experiences were the same with your installs. Thank you.
Hmmmmmmm............not an engineer, so I can't really give feedback on the gap. But I did add lock washers to mine in addition to the regular washers included with the kit to keep things extra tight. Perhaps you want to consider them as well or drive around for a week, then check the tightness.

ksun003

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK8
Country flag
Hmmmmmmm............not an engineer, so I can't really give feedback on the gap. But I did add lock washers to mine in addition to the regular washers included with the kit to keep things extra tight. Perhaps you want to consider them as well or drive around for a week, then check the tightness.
Thank you for the reply. I'll see if there're any other resolutions available, at least I can somewhat establish that this gap is a bit out of the ordinary.

ctrsg

First Name
CTR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Thank you, I thought it was but I was receiving conflicting advice and thought I'd seek other users' experiences.
Ill let u know when my mounts arriv, whether they r same as yours.

Dr_Drache

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 CRX - 2017 FK8 TypeR
Country flag
these were made because the shop couldn't be bothered to email hasport, and find out he was putting the mount in... upside-down.

I've had 30K+ on my full mounts. without anything other than what hasport sent me.

Hi all, on the subject of hasport mounts, my mechanic sent me this video below showing considerable gap and paly between the bushing and the bracket. I've read that it's normal and as you tighten it to torque the bracket will close in on the mount. Is this correct? I'm a bit concerned about the change in bracket's integrity - just wanted to see if your experiences were the same with your installs. Thank you.
this is normal, this is done for ease of installation, and it will tighten down. my original set was so tight, I had to bend it open to fit the mount in.

ctrsg

First Name
CTR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
these were made because the shop couldn't be bothered to email hasport, and find out he was putting the mount in... upside-down.

I've had 30K+ on my full mounts. without anything other than what hasport sent me.

this is normal, this is done for ease of installation, and it will tighten down. my original set was so tight, I had to bend it open to fit the mount in.
Cool. Which stiffness you got installed? I ordered 70a hope they arent too bad for a daily driver

Dr_Drache

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 CRX - 2017 FK8 TypeR
Country flag
Cool. Which stiffness you got installed? I ordered 70a hope they arent too bad for a daily driver
so I have the 62A - I preface this, the first run kits only had 62A and 70A, and were fairly new in their use of the urethane they were using. the 70A at the time was suggested to be like the older 92A - and the 62A was like 74A.
my experience reflects this to be mostly true - they do calm down after a break-in.

IHV is pretty annoying at idle. and only at idle. both A-pillars and center speaker vibrate enough to be visually annoying.
I have never had a single complaint though. kids, friends, family, full range of car knowledge (and opinions).
I have zero regrets, although I would have done foam re-enforcements sooner; and might have ordered 70A, the positives to traction, and the overall feel of the car makes it a top choice IMO.

MichelleK

First Name
Michelle (she)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I just had the Hasport 62A RMM installed today.

I cannot imagine what the more rigid mounts, or replacing all three must feel like. The idle vibration is pretty pronounced as mentioned elsewhere. It feels like it's almost emanating from the middle of the car. You can certainly save on the cost of a massage chair if you sit to warm it up for any extended period of time!

I don't really notice it at higher RPMs, but it's definitely very,very present in reverse.

It DOES fix shifting. I definitely noticed how much smoother and more immediate the shifting process feels. I found myself to be accelerating much more quickly so you have to watch yourself. The car feels more responsive to the accelerator pedal. Wheel hop? Not sure I noticed but it's early days. Overall it improves the feel of the car and I suspect I'll feel more improvements come track time.

I have real doubts as to the mount settling in any way over the next 500miles/800km or so but we'll see. I'll live with it for a while.

I have some track days coming up shortly and will see how much better I can do.

Last edited:

cariboublue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2004 Mazda 3
Country flag
Has anyone with a Hasport 62a tried installing it with silicon lube on the bushings like @fatherpain in this post?

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/rear-motor-mount-first-only-mod.47214/post-775204

He says he has no NVH and I'm curious if anyone has been able to reproduce that or it's just specific to his setup.

I'm trying to decide between the Hasport RMM or Perrin inserts.

Also wondering about the Hardrace RMM as it seems like it has gotten good reviews as far NVH is concerned.

Thanks for any input

ctrsg

First Name
CTR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Ive got 70a full mounts installed for a while. It’s really not bad. Vibrations are bearable. But at certain rpms low or higher parts of the car resonates or vibrates which is irritating.

however my intake do seem higher after installing n is touching my bonnet.
pretty sure the mech installed correctly as it does not look like the photo shown by fk8td dude.

wonder if any of u observed this? Using a sprint tech intake.

typearghhhh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
i have fulll 82 kit, lot of vibrations but i love it, the dash shakes, mirrors, doors, hood, ehadlights, brake pedal, clutch, etc lol

especially the floor