Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wunderladenracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag
Hey guys, I know I've teased these before but I'm happy to share they're now available for purchase on our site!

When we were changing out the rear brakes on our development FK7 we noticed the brake pads showed signs of very uneven wear. I noticed the factory rear caliper uses rubber slide pin bushings. These soft rubber slide pin bushings allow for a lot of deflection in the brake caliper which leads to uneven wear and a less than ideal brake pedal feel, neither of which are desirable for track driving or daily driving.

Our bushings are made from a brass alloy and machined to tight tolerances to keep the slide pins centered and the caliper true to the brake rotor. They are sealed on both sides, vs the factory rubber bushing which is only sealed on the back, this reduces the wear on caliper over its life and extends the interval that the pin grease needs to be reapplied. This results in a brake caliper that flexes considerably less which gives a multitude of improvements such as:
  • More even brake pad and rotor wear
  • More consistent and firm brake pedal feel
  • Improved brake release due to less deflection
  • Longer pin grease life due to improved sealing
  • Longer brake pad and rotor life
Fits all 10th gen Honda Civics (including Type R)

As with all of our in house products these are made entirely in the USA :)

If you have any questions feel free to reach out to me here or you can email us! We'll have an install guide up for them on the site soon as well!

Link for purchase: https://www.wunderladenracing.com/c...-rear-caliper-bushings?variant=41614155514049

Thanks for taking the time to check it out!

Update: Here's a video overviewing the bushings as well as the install!

Honda Civic 10th gen New Product: Rear Brake Caliper Bushings bush 1
Honda Civic 10th gen New Product: Rear Brake Caliper Bushings bush 2
Honda Civic 10th gen New Product: Rear Brake Caliper Bushings bush 3

Last edited:

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I like it,would even be better if they were nickel plated .Makes them slide better and more corrosion protection.

OP
OP
Austin@Wunderladen Racing
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag
Interesting. I like the idea, for sure. Is there a noticeable increase in NVH under heavy braking?
Not from what we've been able to tell. We've sold these for other vehicle platforms for years and I've yet to hear anyone give us feedback about increased NVH.

I like it,would even be better if they were nickel plated .Makes them slide better and more corrosion protection.
That's not a bad idea and I'm sure it'd help. Though we have yet to find any issues with them how they are. We've run similar brass bushings on other cars through corrosive salt filled midwest winters and have yet to have any issues with corrosion as long as they're properly lubed.

Thanks for your feedback guys!

Last edited:

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The European 10thgen civic uses the same bushings and pins in the front as wel.(Also ATE caliper up front )So they could install these in the front and back.

OP
OP
Austin@Wunderladen Racing
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag
The European 10thgen civic uses the same bushings and pins in the front as wel.(Also ATE caliper up front )So they could install these in the front and back.
Wow, that's interesting to hear! If you or anybody with an EU model can measure the front slide pins I could tell you if they'll fit. I don't think we would easily be able to source one of those calipers here in the US. Based on experience with other vehicles I would guess that the front slide pins are a larger diameter and/or length but they might not be.

Los1391

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
when it comes time to do the brakes on my SI I will definitely grab this!

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wow, that's interesting to hear! If you or anybody with an EU model can measure the front slide pins I could tell you if they'll fit. I don't think we would easily be able to source one of those calipers here in the US. Based on experience with other vehicles I would guess that the front slide pins are a larger diameter and/or length but they might not be.
I did a full brake service a week ago (discs,pads,brake fluid,Stahlbus bleeders...) ,and also cleaned and regreased the sliding pins .They were the same front and back.
You can also see this by checking the part numbers :

EDM parts catalog Rear caliper
EDM brake sliding pins part nr : 45004-SEA-E01
EDM brake bush kit part nr : 45007-SEA-E01
EDM parts catalog Front caliper

The USA Rear caliper pins and bushings are the same part number
USA rear brake Parts catalog

The USA 10th gen civics uses ATE rear calipers and Akebono front calipers. (282mm front and 260mm rear)
The EDM 10th gen civic uses ATE front and ATE rear calipers . (293mm front and 282mm rear)
The USA 10th gen SI also uses Rear ATE and front Nissin calipers . (312mm front and 282mm rear)
Sponsored

Last edited: