Two Dashcams Question

BWZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX, 2003 Honda Civic
Country flag
Hello! I asked this before but wasn't able to get a definitive answer.

I bought an Aukey dashcam that has worked wonderfully. I want to get a rear view cam. I don't really want one that has both front and rear view combined, so my plan is to get a second Aukey (same as the first). My question is, do I need a certain adapter to power both? I have a cheap adapter but I don't know the specs on it at all and I'm a noob when it comes to voltage and everything. Any advice would be much appreciated.

I might not end up getting the same camera but something similar. Just want to make sure I don't fry anything or do any damage if I accidentally plugged two cams into an adapter that wasn't fit for them (unsure if that would do damage to the car or cameras or adapter)

The cam I have is "AUKEY Dash Cam FHD 1080p Car Camera Supercapacitor 170 Degree 6-Lane Wide Angle Lens Dashboard Camera Recorder with G-Sensor, WDR and Motion Dection" (I'd link it but the amazon listing is no longer there)
Sponsored

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
Need more info to give your plan a blessing. Model number of the cam and are you using a 5 volt USB or a 12 volt adapter.

OP
OP
BWZ

BWZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yup, it's that one!

The adapter I'm using is cheap and I can't tell what it is. It might say somewhere on there but my eyes can't see. Seems like a dollar store type thing. I don't know where I got it.

I kind of want to replace it because of how cheap it is anyhow

RollinindaRoyce

First Name
Y
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Not the answer your looking for, but how’s the cam? Worth it for the money? Is the video clear? I’m looking for a cam for a couple cars. Not sure what to go with yet.

OP
OP
BWZ

BWZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not the answer your looking for, but how’s the cam? Worth it for the money? Is the video clear? I’m looking for a cam for a couple cars. Not sure what to go with yet.
The video is very clear. I mean I'm sure you can get something way better, but for the price, I was very happy. One of the first things I did when I got it was open a video file that it captured to check it out on my PC monitor. I could read all the license plates and I had no issues seeing anything. Was very happy! Which is why I want another of the same kind for sure
Sponsored