RobbieGunnz

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I recently got a great deal on a Mishimoto J-Line intercooler and I am wondering if anybody has installed this instead of the Mishimoto Intercooler specifically designed for the 10th Gen Civic. It is rated up to 500 hp, not like I ever plan on trying to get the EX-T up to that, but I did want to hear anybody's experience with the change and how much heat soak was decreased, or how performance was increased.

I also plan on replacing my IC piping and I am wondering if anybody has suggestions as to an affordable yet effective piping kit? I am not sure if I should just break down and buy the Mishimoto kit, if Injen/PRL/HKS/etc. is a better option, or if a generic brand will do the same for less $$.

And lastly, with the swaping intercooler I am probably going to swap out the intake and I am still weighing my options as to go short ram or full cold air. Any suggestions would also be appreciated as to the brand name and type of CAI.

I am fairly new to the tuning game and all assistance is appreciated.

Thank you for your responses in advance :)
Sponsored

jack.

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I recently got a great deal on a Mishimoto J-Line intercooler and I am wondering if anybody has installed this instead of the Mishimoto Intercooler specifically designed for the 10th Gen Civic. It is rated up to 500 hp, not like I ever plan on trying to get the EX-T up to that, but I did want to hear anybody's experience with the change and how much heat soak was decreased, or how performance was increased.

I also plan on replacing my IC piping and I am wondering if anybody has suggestions as to an affordable yet effective piping kit? I am not sure if I should just break down and buy the Mishimoto kit, if Injen/PRL/HKS/etc. is a better option, or if a generic brand will do the same for less $$.

And lastly, with the swaping intercooler I am probably going to swap out the intake and I am still weighing my options as to go short ram or full cold air. Any suggestions would also be appreciated as to the brand name and type of CAI.

I am fairly new to the tuning game and all assistance is appreciated.

Thank you for your responses in advance :)
PRL, 27won, and Mishimoto are the most highly recommended intakes, I don‘t know much about the MAPerformance, HKS, or AEM intakes, but I do know to stay away from the Injen intake.