petshopboy

First Name
EE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit
Country flag
Been searching around the US and best I have found is 7k over. Think I’ll just wait for the 11th gen.
And it seems price is going nowhere but up. I've come to accept 10K over, but it seems that's not enough anymore as the only ones left seem to ask 15K over.
I'm speaking of ones left in Northern California.

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
I know this post is pretty old. I've gone through and made a list of some dealerships. Does anybody have any leads on good dealerships to get the upcoming Civic Type R?

diakonia

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R, Accord, CRV
Country flag
I know this post is pretty old. I've gone through and made a list of some dealerships. Does anybody have any leads on good dealerships to get the upcoming Civic Type R?
I think they are going to reveal the new Type-R this July. There are dealerships that never sold above MSRP. My suggestion is to start calling around now and find a dealership that will sell you one at MSRP and get on their waiting list. I called several months ago and got my name at the top of the list.

Type-JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Lexus GS350, B13 Sentra SE-R, '93 Camry, '07 TSX, '13 Odyssey
Country flag
going to be more or less same or perhaps worse as far as ADM goes for the next R. Per above, you'll have to shop around. There's a XI forum or start going on FB groups is your best bet. From experience, leads don't mean anything. Either way, GL on your search!

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
ugh All i can tell you it was a nightmare finding the Type R at MSRP and it will be even worse finding a next genf or MSRP due to the current economic situation. Good Luck man

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Yeah no doubt, I watched a video the other night, a guy went to all the stealerships in his area and they were all adding 199.00 door cups, 4-500 dollar "LIFETIME NITROGEN" and just bullsh*t charges up to 2-3000 dollars. Oh, and a lot of them had 1500.00 "LOJACK" added too. Stealerships are criminal.

Nightshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2020
Country flag
Let's see... we're approaching the 'debt ceiling' quicker than expected so Congress going to have to raise that again... which means more inflation (petrol dollar collapse in another forum please). EV is really being pushed so I don't see Type R prices (or any hot performance cars for that matter) ever going down ... 7k over is probably a deal. I know the one over here at your friendly neighborhood Honda dealer is @ 15k over firm! Next Gen might be EV (you all know how these car manufacturers are on PMS when it comes to news...) =) Look at the RS3... that's going EV for 2026 I believe... so bye bye IcE version. The economy is not that great and now you have Rocket Man over in North Korea get'n butter fingers over South Korea. Better buy that car you wanted all your life.... while there's still time ;) California is probably the worst right now... goes along with the cost of living here as well. Who knows... maybe Newson will raise that $950 reclassified felony theft offenses as misdemeanors to like $95000.00 =) Then you can steal cars as well as groceries and not worry about it :p