Just bought a Civic Hatch Sport!

Pur3MotioN770

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
A dealer two and a half hours away from me, will be getting a Polished Metal Metallic, Sport Manual, approx a month from now. I think I'm going to put my deposit down soon.
Sponsored

Last edited:

whudgens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 Civic, 1995 Civic,
Great looking Hatch! Question - Does anyone know if the Civic Ex-L/Navi Hatch with Honda Sensing has a (7- Inch display screen?) thanks!
(Update) I found the info LX have a 5-inch display. :)

Last edited:

orangecrush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Just picked up a 2017 Civic Hatchback Sport. First time owning a Honda and am loving it so far. My other car is a dodge neon Srt4 and I was worried the Civic would feel woefully under powered but the little sucker gets up and scoots. Any other Hatchback owners around yet?
IMG_1100.JPG
IMG_1101.JPG
It's gorgeous! Congrats!

HatchbackKev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport, 2003 Civic EX coupe
Vehicle Showcase
To the original post: Congrats! I got my hatchback sport the same day actually and have been loving it as well. I agree, the car definitely scoots! the exhaust sounds awesome as well, I'm going to make a video of it if someone doesn't beat me to it, I know some people here have been asking about it.

To the post above about the 7" vs 5" screen I think it's worth mentioning that the smaller screen has a traditional volume knob vs touch screen on the larger one. To some people this might not be a big deal but since I'm old school coming from an 03 Civic I actually prefer the traditional knob. It's just a preference thing though.

Pur3MotioN770

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
To the original post: Congrats! I got my hatchback sport the same day actually and have been loving it as well. I agree, the car definitely scoots! the exhaust sounds awesome as well, I'm going to make a video of it if someone doesn't beat me to it, I know some people here have been asking about it.

To the post above about the 7" vs 5" screen I think it's worth mentioning that the smaller screen has a traditional volume knob vs touch screen on the larger one. To some people this might not be a big deal but since I'm old school coming from an 03 Civic I actually prefer the traditional knob. It's just a preference thing though.
Been patiently waiting for an exhaust video. Hope it's soon.

anntrn93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch Sport Touring
How rough is the ride? the 18" wheels are nice but I'd trade them for smaller wheels if they ride rough...how bad do you feel the road? noise level? ect what would you rate ride quality on a scale from 1 to 10

joedog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback ,1993 Nissan Altima,2003 Toyota Sienna
Country flag
Great looking Hatch! Question - Does anyone know if the Civic Ex-L/Navi Hatch with Honda Sensing has a (7- Inch display screen?) thanks!
(Update) I found the info LX have a 5-inch display. :)
Yes all the EX and above grades have the 7" display audio screen. Only the LX and Sport (not sport touring) have the 5" display.

IcyRyce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The Civic Hatch Sport has not hit Canada but I've looked at the Honda website recently and I have a question to the sport hatch owners. The website states that premium fuel is recommended for civic sport hatch and up in order to make that 6 hp gain to 180 which seems a little odd for a non si model. But is it possible just fuel up with regular gas even though premium is recommended?

Negan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Batmobile
The Civic Hatch Sport has not hit Canada but I've looked at the Honda website recently and I have a question to the sport hatch owners. The website states that premium fuel is recommended for civic sport hatch and up in order to make that 6 hp gain to 180 which seems a little odd for a non si model. But is it possible just fuel up with regular gas even though premium is recommended?
Premium is recommended but not required. However, we don't know, as far as I can tell, what using regular means in terms of performance and fuel efficiency.

OP
OP
defsaturn6501

defsaturn6501

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How rough is the ride? the 18" wheels are nice but I'd trade them for smaller wheels if they ride rough...how bad do you feel the road? noise level? ect what would you rate ride quality on a scale from 1 to 10
Ride is quite good even with the 18s" smoothest car I've ever owned

OP
OP
defsaturn6501

defsaturn6501

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just took a video pulling onto the highway and a clip of the exhaust from the rear. (Will upload tomorrow) Even though the exhaust looks super aggressive it seems pretty quiet and at normal driving it's actually almost silent. Decent deep growl under hard acceleration though. Sounds quiet to me but I'm coming from a straight piped, no cat turbo out exhaust car lol.

After only owning this car for a few days I can honestly say that I love it. Looks great, drives wayyy better than it's price would suggest. I get compliments all over the place. The amount of room in here is insane. Had 4 adults and everyone was very comfortable.

Pur3MotioN770

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Stock Exhaust clip both inside the car and outside. Lmk what you think
Sounds stockish from the outside. Not loud or deep enough for my tastes. But I plan to have the mufflers deleted to make it sound a lot better. Inside sounds awesome though. Have you used the paddle shifters much? Thanks for the video.

OP
OP
defsaturn6501

defsaturn6501

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds stockish from the outside. Not loud or deep enough for my tastes. But I plan to have the mufflers deleted to make it sound a lot better. Inside sounds awesome though. Have you used the paddle shifters much? Thanks for the video.
Yeah I've used the paddles a lot. They're fun but makes me long for the manual lol. If your looking for loud I would definitely recommend an aftermarket exhaust.

Pur3MotioN770

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah I've used the paddles a lot. They're fun but makes me long for the manual lol. If your looking for loud I would definitely recommend an aftermarket exhaust.
It sounds a bit better when listening with headphones. Nah, I'd be satisfied with the sound with a muffler delete, and wouldn't have to pay anywhere near as much. I'm tempted to just go with the CVT, but I'm trying to hold out until the SI reveal, to see if it comes in hatch form, unless I find a manual Sport.
Sponsored