Front Bumper coming loose on passenger side

tophuriouss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag
So the front bumper on my passenger side seems to be coming loose. I have to pop it back in place after I drive it every so often. I have never hit anything. Has anyone else seen this? I will try and post a photo shortly.
Sponsored

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Was this happening from the time you drove it off the lot? It's likely a fastener or clip that's come loose or defective and that's what's causing the bumper to come undone. Hopefully, it shouldn't be a difficult remedy.

laura2813

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe Touring
Country flag
Mine pops out slightly every once in a while but I thought it was just me being OCD. I plan on mentioning it when I take it for it's first service.

laura2813

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe Touring
Country flag
I bought my car a month ago and noticed this about a week ago when I got out to come inside. I've never bumped or hit anything. My BIL is a service guy at the Honda dealership so I'll let him take a look when I take it in for service. I'm thinking it's just a bad clip or a design issue they haven't ironed out yet.

Honda Civic 10th gen Front Bumper coming loose on passenger side image1.JPG

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I bought my car a month ago and noticed this about a week ago when I got out to come inside. I've never bumped or hit anything. My BIL is a service guy at the Honda dealership so I'll let him take a look when I take it in for service. I'm thinking it's just a bad clip or a design issue they haven't ironed out yet.

image1.JPG
Be sure to post an update on what the issue is, please! Never saw a response from the OP.

OP
OP

tophuriouss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

image1.JPG
That's exactly what mine is doing. Never bumped or hit anything. I will post a picture this afternoon of my bumper. I made an appointment with the dealership and they are going to look at it on Tuesday.

tateep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX 2.0 Senseless
Country flag
Mine is doing the same on the driver side. I'm still waiting for a bumper cover replacement so it's going to get taken care of eventually.

OP
OP

tophuriouss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Here is a photo of mine on the passenger side. I only noticed it about a month ago.

Honda Civic 10th gen Front Bumper coming loose on passenger side IMG_2181.JPG

KMae

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic

image1.JPG
My Honda did the same thing...bumper appeared that it had been put on too tight on one side and came loose on driver side. Had the car less than a month and had to bring it to the dealership for a paint claim.

Owner of the dealership gave me some grief suggesting that I "must have hit something".

In the end, Honda fixed it but it's starting to happen again. I'm wondering if it's a manufacturing issue with the bolts or something???

OP
OP

tophuriouss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I took my Honda in and they said it was because I hit something and took a photo of two impact points. I haven't hit anything. I have yet to receive the photo and haven't had time to look under the car myself, but will update once I do.

OP
OP

tophuriouss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Interesting development. So on my work order they stated it was because they found damage. The work order says 'see photo attached'. I asked them to provide the photo twice, on the 18th and 24th, and they have not given me the photo. The service manager just called me and said Honda Legal will not provide the photo. They told me to take my own photo and send it to them to compare. Seems fishy to me.

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic
Interesting development. So on my work order they stated it was because they found damage. The work order says 'see photo attached'. I asked them to provide the photo twice, on the 18th and 24th, and they have not given me the photo. The service manager just called me and said Honda Legal will not provide the photo. They told me to take my own photo and send it to them to compare. Seems fishy to me.
They are messin with ya...never seen so much drama from a dealer. This is a manufacture issue. The person on the line was sleeping and did not snap it into place correctly. Most of the time, I correct my own issues, even if it's warranty.

I can say that Honda these days are trying to save every penny it can by denying what it can. That is why I am leaving after this car for sure. I would get a area rep involved.

takrdown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 E90 Supercharged BMW M3, 2016 Honda Civic EX-L Coupe
Country flag
Just an FYI....I had the same issue upon delivery but didn't notice it until a couple days later. This is a fitment issue and I'm sure a lot of people have this issue and just don't know it.

jstone800

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
I have the same issue on my 2016 exl coupe. (Passenger side). Brought it to the dealer a week after I bought it in June. Looked at it upon completion of service at the dealership and it looked like it had been corrected. After driving back home (30 miles away) it had popped back out. I called them immediately and they asked me to bring it back in. I advised them that I couldn't but was willing to bring it back when I needed my first scheduled maintenance (A1) and they agreed that would be fine. I am currently now sitting at the dealership. I advised I love the car and performance so far and really interested in the SI when I spoke with the service employee that checked me in. He said that he will be having the body shop fix it. FINGERS CROSSED XXXXXXX. I paid MSRP and I expect MSRP service (I know I know). Sorry if that sounded petty.
Sponsored