Just bought a Civic Hatch Sport!

neteng101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
The touch screen has been a little glitchy a couple of times, and I've had to reboot it when the display freezes.
Ugh - that stupid screen of death! And rebooting ie. engine off/on is not really an option unless you pull over. I wonder if there's just a bit too much tech these days and its not quite there yet. Plus the e brake recalls on the 2016s. Seems like the tech is taken to an extreme.
Sponsored

17Hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 CRV EXL AWD; 18 CRV EX AWD
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ugh - that stupid screen of death! And rebooting ie. engine off/on is not really an option unless you pull over. I wonder if there's just a bit too much tech these days and its not quite there yet. Plus the e brake recalls on the 2016s. Seems like the tech is taken to an extreme.
I just held the power button until it asks if I want to reboot. It's worked both times. I've had to do it when the display freezes--l was listening to XM and the song display stopped updating, or I couldn't change channels with the preset buttons at the bottom of the screen.

Wondering if the 17 hatches will have the parking brake issues, too.

teddy b0nkers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
I love that they included the Aero Kit and the 18's also looks amazing, I'll admit the lower trim wheels are bland. You're right even putting the Exhaust in the middle looks better.

Hopefully the December delivery estimate stands of course I wouldn't mind if it arrives earlier. LOL
I thought that the aero underbody kit only came in red? It looks like that isn't the case. I'm so happy it isn't only red.

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I thought that the aero underbody kit only came in red? It looks like that isn't the case. I'm so happy it isn't only red.
I made sure, my sales and I went through the details. If it wasn't I would've bought it regardless, I'll even get the Ralley Red if have too. LOL

I love the Aero Kit Honda offers just too expensive as an option so I'm happy it's included.

My boy bought the Coupe earlier this year, recommended it but I couldn't push him to get the kit. Too bad.

jedisrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
I believe as an accessory it only comes in red. Hopefully I am wrong.

It looks like it comes standard in black on the Sport trims.

teddy b0nkers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
I believe as an accessory it only comes in red. Hopefully I am wrong.

It looks like it comes standard in black on the Sport trims.
I made sure, my sales and I went through the details. If it wasn't I would've bought it regardless, I'll even get the Ralley Red if have too. LOL

I love the Aero Kit Honda offers just too expensive as an option so I'm happy it's included.

My boy bought the Coupe earlier this year, recommended it but I couldn't push him to get the kit. Too bad.
That is SUCH good news. I was really dreading what the red kit would look like on a white car :O

teddy b0nkers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
You people realize the red aero kit that is listed as a dealer installed accessory is completely different from the kit offered on the Sport/Sport Touring models right? It's not like they're physically the same, just painted a different color. If you want the black ones off the Sport, you'll have to buy it as a 'replacement part' and install it manually without the accompanying instructions.

jedisrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
You people realize the red aero kit that is listed as a dealer installed accessory is completely different from the kit offered on the Sport/Sport Touring models right? It's not like they're physically the same, just painted a different color. If you want the black ones off the Sport, you'll have to buy it as a 'replacement part' and install it manually without the accompanying instructions.
And even if you buy the black as a replacement part the rear part would only fit properly on the Sport models due to the center exhausts. :/

joedog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback ,1993 Nissan Altima,2003 Toyota Sienna
Country flag
Lol! Don't mean to be rude, but if you've been paying attention to any of the other threads.....he definitely got it in CVT. The manuals are not here yet, despite reports of people seeing them show up on cars.com. The only reason I don't have a Sport yet is because of the wait for the Mythical Manuals.

Molatte asked earlier in the thread for a pic of the instrument panel, I second this. I have not seen a picture posted yet of the Sport Instrument cluster. If it exists somewhere please provide link.
Here's a link to Honda of Mansfield, OH with some nice pics including interior pics.

http://www.hondaofmansfield.com/new/Honda/2017-Honda-Civic-de22ea610a0e0ae85a0d6bae7d83695d.htm

joedog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback ,1993 Nissan Altima,2003 Toyota Sienna
Country flag
Just picked up a 2017 Civic Hatchback Sport. First time owning a Honda and am loving it so far. My other car is a dodge neon Srt4 and I was worried the Civic would feel woefully under powered but the little sucker gets up and scoots. Any other Hatchback owners around yet?
IMG_1100.JPG
IMG_1101.JPG
Looks great. Congrats. I'm envious, still waiting for my sport hatch, was supposed to be built 9-8, not showing to dealer until late Nov. Enjoy it. I've had many Honda's, including motorcycles. Always good.

OP
OP
defsaturn6501

defsaturn6501

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Thanks so much all! Gonna take my bone stock hatch to my local cars and coffee meet for fun this Sunday lol

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
And even if you buy the black as a replacement part the rear part would only fit properly on the Sport models due to the center exhausts. :/
A lot of people will probably just buy the front lip and that's it.
Sponsored