Shifty67

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R, 2018 Honda Pilot Touring
Country flag
Hi all, please excuse my ignorance as I’m new to modding cars. Im looking to purchase an Eventuri intake and was wondering can I run the PRL race Maf that Ive read everyone is having such success with. Trying to plan out my build so I don’t by the wrong parts for what I’m tying to accomplish.
Sponsored

rallyered225

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
I don't think it will. I think the mounting points are different from the PRL and the Eventuri to the airbox itself. The race MAF comes with it's own intake tube and the race MAF is meant to bolt up to the PRL intake box. I would think you would have to utilize the PRL HVI in order to make this work.

OP
OP
Shifty67

Shifty67

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I don't think it will. I think the mounting points are different from the PRL and the Eventuri to the airbox itself. The race MAF comes with it's own intake tube and the race MAF is meant to bolt up to the PRL intake box. I would think you would have to utilize the PRL HVI in order to make this work.
Thank you so much. I will not purchase the Eventuri then. Had a good used one lined up at I think a decent price but if the race MAF is whats working best I’ll go PRL.

rallyered225

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
Thank you so much. I will not purchase the Eventuri then. Had a good used one lined up at I think a decent price but if the race MAF is whats working best I’ll go PRL.
Not a problem. I'm running the PRL race maf with their HVI and turbo inlet.
Honda Civic 10th gen Eneturi intake and PRL ace Maf IMG_20211212_163755

OP
OP
Shifty67

Shifty67

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah looks like what I’ll be running.

Hatchi

First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Prius, 2020 BBP CTR
Country flag
What are you trying to accomplish? PRL race MAF might be overkill, normally for people looking to go for a turbo upgrade of significant power.

Might be find just getting the eventuri and getting a rampage maf or something if you're doing a mild turbo upgrade like the mitsubishi drop in.

Also just double checking but you'll need hondata first because otherwise your engine will absolutely eat it. If it gets very wrong MAF values it'll not be having a fun time.

OP
OP
Shifty67

Shifty67

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What are you trying to accomplish? PRL race MAF might be overkill, normally for people looking to go for a turbo upgrade of significant power.

Might be find just getting the eventuri and getting a rampage maf or something if you're doing a mild turbo upgrade like the mitsubishi drop in.

Also just double checking but you'll need hondata first because otherwise your engine will absolutely eat it. If it gets very wrong MAF values it'll not be having a fun time.
I’m trying to make as much power as I can reliably. So figuring FBO and a tune.
what kind of power can I make with the Eventuri intake. The rampage titanium inlet pipe, PRL street MAF(or something comparable that comes with the Eventuri, or the rampage MAF for the Eventuri), PRL intercooler, a high flow catted DP, and a VR titanium exhaust? Would it be comparable to full PRL? Better, worse?
I really like the Eventuri intake and titanium rampage inlet pipe.

Hatchi

First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Prius, 2020 BBP CTR
Country flag
I’m trying to make as much power as I can reliably. So figuring FBO and a tune.
what kind of power can I make with the Eventuri intake. The rampage titanium inlet pipe, PRL street MAF(or something comparable that comes with the Eventuri, or the rampage MAF for the Eventuri), PRL intercooler, a high flow catted DP, and a VR titanium exhaust? Would it be comparable to full PRL? Better, worse?
I really like the Eventuri intake and titanium rampage inlet pipe.
All that considered, and a custom tune, I'd say you'd be easily looking at ~380whp+ comfortably, and likely reliably too (as reliably as a tune can be, depends on the place that tunes it).

That is so long as you're using 93oct fuel. I've got the Eventuri intake and it's a great thing, it doesn't have too many benefits over PRL, but during testing it's the most reliable/consistent increase in power that any fk8 intake can give you basically. PRL however is the king because for the price, hard to beat.

But when you pop the hood, you'll be a lot happier seeing the Eventuri intake vs the PRL one, that much I assure you.

CJizzle_FK8

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Phearable.net supports a fbo build with a prl race maf and claims 386 hp. A lot of people are having success with it. It's what I plan on running until I decide to install my turbo upgrade and spend 3x the amount for a custom tune.
Honda Civic 10th gen Eneturi intake and PRL ace Maf Screenshot_20220215-053053_Chrome
Sponsored