hondasevilmonkey

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
  • Banned
I can't believe I have to go to my dealer and wait in the service for an hour to have my infotainment software updated every time Apple upgrades their iOS system. This is my 4th time that I have to go and its not even a year old. I have the extended 8 yr warranty on my car and according to my math calculations ((4th time x 2) x 8) = 64-4=60) I have another 60 future appointments coming up until Jan/2024. This is just one example why I would avoid Honda like the plague for future purchases. Instead of a DIY fix they make you come in and waste you time instead of spending your free time doing more productive things.
Sponsored

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
My dealership will shuttle me anywhere I want within 20km and pick me up when whatever they're doing is done. If it's more than a day it's an automatic loaner. Why don't you find other constructive means of not sitting at the dealership?

Also there's only 1 update for the infotainment system in Canada. And it came out before iOS10 did. So I donno what you were doing visiting the dealer 4 times, unless they updated it 25% every time you were there.

OP
OP

hondasevilmonkey

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
  • Banned
My dealership will shuttle me anywhere I want within 20km and pick me up when whatever they're doing is done. If it's more than a day it's an automatic loaner. Why don't you find other constructive means of not sitting at the dealership?

Also there's only 1 update for the infotainment system in Canada. And it came out before iOS10 did. So I donno what you were doing visiting the dealer 4 times, unless they updated it 25% every time you were there.
No...I mean my info system has failed 4 time in 6 months due to Carplay or Android Auto. Honda Canada won't give me a loaner for anything anymore because my car has had so many deficiencies that they have already lost all their profits from my car alone. I will be taking Honda to court soon because they are fixing other customer warranty issues but giving me excuses. That is call "discrimination" and they refuse to tell me why. Let see what they will tell the judge thinks in the coming months. They have to say something (why).

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Unlike the other thread, I'm not being a dick in this one, and genuinely curious.

How did it fail, and how did you come to the conclusion that it was AC/AA?

Essentially they're apps that mirror your phone by interfacing over USB. All of the calculation/processing is done by your actual phone, and it just sends a signal to the HU. How did it cause it to fail?

OP
OP

hondasevilmonkey

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
  • Banned
Unlike the other thread, I'm not being a dick in this one, and genuinely curious.

How did it fail, and how did you come to the conclusion that it was AC/AA?

Essentially they're apps that mirror your phone by interfacing over USB. All of the calculation/processing is done by your actual phone, and it just sends a signal to the HU. How did it cause it to fail?
Why you asking me? I am not software developer. All I know that it keeps failing. They even replace the head unit ($1,500) and nothing has changed. Ask Honda on their website and please get back to me when they answer you. LOL...Merry Christmas for many years to come

MisterEnigma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Why you asking me? I am not software developer. All I know that it keeps failing. They even replace the head unit ($1,500) and nothing has changed. Ask Honda on their website and please get back to me when they answer you. LOL...Merry Christmas for many years to come
You haven't even explained how it failed. All you're saying is that you have to go in for the system to be updated/fix.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
You must have seen something to know it was wrong - hence my question as to "how did it fail"?

Did it turn off and not turn on? Did Siri swear at you? Did the HU start smoking? What happened?

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
You must have seen something to know it was wrong - hence my question as to "how did it fail"?

Did it turn off and not turn on? Did Siri swear at you? Did the HU start smoking? What happened?
I also don't understand how such a fatal error occurs numerous times, and that despite the fact that AC and AA is basically an application that runs on the head unit which runs Android Kit Kat is so essential to the separate system that it kills the headunit permanently until it is taken to the dealership and somehow a multi trillion dollar company is allowing this to happen. I think he just plugged it in and for some reason his phone didn't boot the program and he got super angry and took it to Honda immediately so that those bastard software engineers/automotive techs could figure out why the car they designed was being a POS. I mean, hondas, amirite?

OP
OP

hondasevilmonkey

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
  • Banned

"Device not recognized" for the 4th time in 6 months

OP
OP

hondasevilmonkey

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I also don't understand how such a fatal error occurs numerous times, and that despite the fact that AC and AA is basically an application that runs on the head unit which runs Android Kit Kat is so essential to the separate system that it kills the headunit permanently until it is taken to the dealership and somehow a multi trillion dollar company is allowing this to happen. I think he just plugged it in and for some reason his phone didn't boot the program and he got super angry and took it to Honda immediately so that those bastard software engineers/automotive techs could figure out why the car they designed was being a POS. I mean, hondas, amirite?
LOL...you're learning quick

OP
OP

hondasevilmonkey

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
You haven't even explained how it failed. All you're saying is that you have to go in for the system to be updated/fix.
Yes...that is my gripe. Honda won't let a fix on the internet so you can DIY. No...no way. Too easy. Honda likes it when its more annoying for the customer. That is why they slipped to #24 in top quality brands (J.D. Power/Canada) in 2016. Congratulations Honda to on your way down the ranks. lol
(FYI...if it hurts then you are connected to Honda in some way)

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Yes...that is my gripe. Honda won't let a fix on the internet so you can DIY. No...no way. Too easy. Honda likes it when its more annoying for the customer. That is why they slipped to #24 in top quality brands (J.D. Power/Canada) in 2016. Congratulations Honda to on your way down the ranks. lol
(FYI...if it hurts then you are connected to Honda in some way)
Look bud, you're losing your credibility (which I fully expect you to make a comment in regards to your apathy towards that), so insult Honda and be vague all you want. We're not here to attack you, we'd like to help you (or at least see if we can give our input), but if you're just going to state a general issue than insult the Manufacturer of our car your post is of no importance to any of us. You're not helping, you're not asking for help, you're just talking smack about Honda and giving the impression that our car is a piece of dirt (which is of no personal insult to us). So, unless you'd like to actually discuss your issue with us you're nothing more than a broken record probably on the same level as mycivicisalemon.

Dead Pool1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring (Black on Black)
Look bud, you're losing your credibility (which I fully expect you to make a comment in regards to your apathy towards that), so insult Honda and be vague all you want. We're not here to attack you, we'd like to help you (or at least see if we can give our input), but if you're just going to state a general issue than insult the Manufacturer of our car your post is of no importance to any of us. You're not helping, you're not asking for help, you're just talking smack about Honda and giving the impression that our car is a piece of dirt (which is of no personal insult to us). So, unless you'd like to actually discuss your issue with us you're nothing more than a broken record probably on the same level as mycivicisalemon.
I wouldn't bother. It's becoming obvious that he is only here to stir the pot. I'm not only doubting that he has a civic but beginning to wander if he is old enough to drive.

OP
OP

hondasevilmonkey

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I don't know who that person is but its the second time I've been accused of this person. I don't know what you are wanting from me. Do you want pics? Do you want my DNA? Stool sample suffice? You starting to sound like some thought police (officer) ready to beat anyone up if you talk about a company who doesn't really care about you other than taking more of your money and letting you worry about their problems (warranty responsibility/duty). You're weird lol. But unlike this guy who you condemn me to be, I have material to back my statements. Now I want to see some ID just to make sure you're not Dan Ballesstein from Honda Canada trying to use info against me in a warranty claim. If you don't provide evidence then your just a Honda Employee Troll just policing forums verbally shooting down anyone who insults an "object". Now do you see? That's how much of a sissy you sound to me. Getting offended (over an insult) on a object is not normal human behaviour...especially when you're needing to know what is being said about that at all times (notifications on 24/7). No offence but you should have that checked out.
Anyways like I said, the message in the pic is what I have seen for the forth time.
BTW... I never asked for help. I just wanted to know if I'm the only one who this shit keeps happening to.

Honda Civic 10th gen Apple Car Play Not Working....again....for the 4th time in 6 months IMG_1626.JPG

Last edited:

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I wouldn't bother. It's becoming obvious that he is only here to stir the pot. I'm not only doubting that he has a civic but beginning to wander if he is old enough to drive.
Considering his current response to me I don't doubt it either, I made it clear like everybody else here I don't give a shit what he says about ours car, especially given my history with mine. However, he again didn't analyze the whole situation and therefore again sticks to accusations. Funny, isn't it? I think the most hilarious part about all of it is that in his previous comment he insinuates that somebody from Honda would spend time making 200+ comments and stating how much he hates his dealer on CivicX. Another funny thing is too, in my original engine thread for my car, there literally was somebody from my dealer trying to blame it all on me and somehow with no evidence of such, he's accusing us of it and fails to see the ignorance of his own accusations.
Sponsored