Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
Our new downpipe is not shorter than the previous version, the catalyst body and spun-down end cones create an illusion. We have test fitted this downpipe on numerous car and have had no issues with fitment. These are all assembled in precision-fit jigs.
Sponsored

Last edited:

FK8_JJ

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Honda Civic Type R, 92 Civic Si, 04 Honda S2000, 13 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
I installed mine a day ago and it was a perfect fit. I see allot of comments saying it looks shorter but it isn't. I'm happy I waited and got this HF Cat versus the previous one. I did install all the OEM heat shields as I wanted a factory look to it. No check engine lights so far.

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports FK8 Civic Type-R High Volume PRL Cat

BBTypeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
I installed mine a day ago and it was a perfect fit. I see allot of comments saying it looks shorter but it isn't. I'm happy I waited and got this HF Cat versus the previous one. I did install all the OEM heat shields as I wanted a factory look to it. No check engine lights so far.

PRL Cat.jpg
Awesome!

Did you have any issues with the studs/nuts off the turbo? Any tips?

Los1391

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
Awesome!

yea any tips you can tell us would be great @FK8_JJ . Trying to make this install go as smooth as possible lol.

FK8_JJ

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Awesome!

Luckily I didn't break anything. My plan was to let the bolts and studs Marinate for 24hrs and than got a little impatient and started it an hour after I sprayed them with PB Blaster. When I would loosen them I would slightly loosen than slightly tighten them. Sometimes they would make noises that would scare me but I would just loosen them slightly instead of going all out. I will say the nuts were the hardest ones to loosen up.

Last edited:

rallyered225

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
Luckily I didn't break anything. My plan was to let the bolts and studs Marinate for 24hrs and than got a little impatient and started it an hour after I sprayed them with PB Blaster. When I would loosen them I would slightly loosen than slightly tighten them. Sometimes they would make noises that would scare me but I would just loosen them slightly instead of going all out. I will say the nuts were the hardest ones to loosen up.
I see you took the heat shield off the top. Anything else removed to make life easier?

FK8_JJ

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I see you took the heat shield off the top. Anything else removed to make life easier?
The heat shield is only off on the picture to show the HF Cat. It is back on there but it does have to come off in order to get to the bolts and nuts.

BBTypeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag

PRL Cat.jpg
What exhaust do you have and did it change the sound/volume from the stock DP?

FK8_JJ

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What exhaust do you have and did it change the sound/volume from the stock DP?
I have the HKS Legamax with the PRL Front pipe. It did become louder especially at the higher RPM Range.

Vitamin_R

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR, 2005 C230K
Country flag
Did you use a large amount of force? What length of wrench?

I'm considering having a shop do mine.

Eugene_Fk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic Type R FK8, 2018 RX350 base
Country flag

recommend to use a 1/2" head breaker bar but turn gentle. most of the time soaking it with pb blaster or other penetration fluid for at least an hour is more critical. See so much time the stud break when people just turn the nut without soaking it for good amount of time.

FK8_JJ

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
recommend to use a 1/2" head breaker bar but turn gentle. most of the time soaking it with pb blaster or other penetration fluid for at least an hour is more critical. See so much time the stud break when people just turn the nut without soaking it for good amount of time.

I'm scared of using a head breaker. Too much torque.

I just used a 1/2 in ratchet. I didn't want to use a big bar where allot of torque would be applied, Just let it soak for an hour and do small pulls on the ratchet. I would let it make a little squeak when loosening it and than tighten it back up a bit. I just applied a small force after each attempt.

SpicyPIXEL

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 SGP Civic Type R #43027
Country flag
Thanks for all the tips!

What’s the easiest way to replace the OEM studs with Rampage Ti units? That will be the other project I tackle when installing the downpipe
Sponsored