P006a and CEL

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
I say its the injectors ur fuel trims look bad have you tried cleaing the maf
Sponsored

OP
OP
Chris_19Si

Chris_19Si

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
The high pressure pump is verified as failed. The injectors are going to be replaced with the pump. PRL is sending me a new section of fuel hose for their flex fuel sensor, since the rubber hose has been known to breakdown with ethanol. I may also look at cleaning the MAF sensor, just for maintenance.

Thanks for the comment.

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
Is cleaning the MAF something we should do periodically, regardless of Ethanol usage?
I mean not exactly but if you have a cold air once in a while won’t hurt I do here and their

OP
OP
Chris_19Si

Chris_19Si

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
There is a specific procedure, so find it and follow it. I recall there is a specific spray to use. You have to remove it from the car, disconnect power cable, clean it, then let the cleaner evaporate completely before connecting power. May be more instructions, so check on that before trying it.

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
There is a specific procedure, so find it and follow it. I recall there is a specific spray to use. You have to remove it from the car, disconnect power cable, clean it, then let the cleaner evaporate completely before connecting power. May be more instructions, so check on that before trying it.
Yup maf cleaning spray. You don’t need to unplug the battery just don’t turn on the car lol

OP
OP
Chris_19Si

Chris_19Si

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Got my car back. Dealer replaced high pressure pump and injectors along with valve adjustment for normal maintenance and because they were noisy. $3,008 out the door. I got my old parts back, so I will start to look at cause for pump failure. May see if I can have injectors flow tested to see what 96,000 miles did to them. Runs great now and all parameters are back to normal. PRL sent a fresh hose, so when I get it Tuesday, I'll replace the old one and split it open to look for any breakdown. Will upload pictures and findings as I learn something.

MrJustin81

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Got my car back. Dealer replaced high pressure pump and injectors along with valve adjustment for normal maintenance and because they were noisy. $3,008 out the door. I got my old parts back, so I will start to look at cause for pump failure. May see if I can have injectors flow tested to see what 96,000 miles did to them. Runs great now and all parameters are back to normal. PRL sent a fresh hose, so when I get it Tuesday, I'll replace the old one and split it open to look for any breakdown. Will upload pictures and findings as I learn something.
Glad you got it straightened out. But dear god 3008$ wow

OP
OP
Chris_19Si

Chris_19Si

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I was just happy a mechanic actually committed to looking at it. I was hearing about techs not touching it because of tune and mods, when the engine is still stock mechanically. I can't stand not doing my own work. Bugs the hell out of me to rely on a shop. Just too cold to work on outside because other project takes up my garage. Can't rely on supply chain for parts either. $3k was the price.
Sponsored