MrJustin81

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Seems like you got lucky she directly hit me on the wheel its more then just quarter panel damage
Yeah it was just quarter panel damage. Didn’t realize she hit the wheel to

jack.

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dam yours is way worse then mines, did your suspension get damaged? My wheel has a twist to it
Yes my A arm, shock, camber arm, toe arm, and rim were all damaged. You can see the twist in the wheel in this picture.

Honda Civic 10th gen Total loss? These cars are paper 39E020CB-A8B5-4E44-95EB-FFF6DD72AD90

OP
OP
Jes_si562

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
Yes my A arm, shock, camber arm, toe arm, and rim were all damaged. You can see the twist in the wheel in this picture.

39E020CB-A8B5-4E44-95EB-FFF6DD72AD90.jpeg
Dam i see it big time

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm telling you, with how much parts costs have gone up and what body shops charge the insurance companies, this could be a write off. I almost got my 17 written off from front right damage years ago and that was long before supply chain problems and inflation.

OP
OP
Jes_si562

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
I'm telling you, with how much parts costs have gone up and what body shops charge the insurance companies, this could be a write off. I almost got my 17 written off from front right damage years ago and that was long before supply chain problems and inflation.
I’ll see what happens but I’m taking my parts off idc, if I need to good thing I have all my oem parts

Shred

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've heard the opposite, due to used car values skyrocketing more cars are getting fixed since insurance would have to pay more to total a car than before. That might in itself contribute to the parts shortage. I have no hard data either way, so take that with a grain of salt.

Also if insurance fixes the car it won't be a salvage title. It'll appear on carfax as a damage report, but you'll still have a clean title, unless CA has something else going on.

OP
OP
Jes_si562

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've heard the opposite, due to used car values skyrocketing more cars are getting fixed since insurance would have to pay more to total a car than before. That might in itself contribute to the parts shortage. I have no hard data either way, so take that with a grain of salt.

Also if insurance fixes the car it won't be a salvage title. It'll appear on carfax as a damage report, but you'll still have a clean title, unless CA has something else going on.

Your right I looked more into what makes a car salvage. I’ll be good the damage looks like it’s around 8k

logan5

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
These cars don’t do good on head on collision a lot of people had died from accidents
I disagree. I was in a high-speed collision on the interstate and the car really protected me. I didn't have a scratch. Fortunately I was able to replace my 2019 Civic Si Coupe with a 2020 in the same color.
Honda Civic 10th gen Total loss? These cars are paper IMG_20200627_105959

OP
OP
Jes_si562

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I disagree. I was in a high-speed collision on the interstate and the car really protected me. I didn't have a scratch. Fortunately I was able to replace my 2019 Civic Si Coupe with a 2020 in the same color.
IMG_20200627_105959.jpg
Well luckily your accident wasn’t that bad usually when a car is struck from behind or the front it can take quite a hard impact to affect the passengers since it does have a lot of material for reinforcement, the side is the weak spot don’t get me wrong they’re okay but if you where to go head on with any vehicle is a slight chance you’ll survive no mater what car you got unless u have a big truck it just all depends. We got lucky man when it comes to a accident you just got to be thankful no body got hurt.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
IMG_20200627_105959.jpg
It's unbelievable to me that the fkn bags didn't deploy. How tf is it possible with that much damage?
Glad you weren't hurt. Should have claimed whiplash tho.?

logan5

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
It's unbelievable to me that the fkn bags didn't deploy. How tf is it possible with that much damage?
Glad you weren't hurt. Should have claimed whiplash tho.?
The driver airbag did deploy. You just can't tell from the photo.

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Honestly at this point I rather have them do that, I don’t want to keep paying for a car that’s going to be salvage. Ik man it sucks really I was minding my business but at least it kept me and my kids safe I got lucky it wasn’t a drunk driver speeding who knows how that would of ended up. These cars don’t do good on head on collision a lot of people had died from accidents
I was in a head on collision in September and my civic saved my life. Totally could've been killed, but walked with 4 scratches!!!

Honda Civic 10th gen Total loss? These cars are paper 20210903_180723

Honda Civic 10th gen Total loss? These cars are paper 20210908_131111

Honda Civic 10th gen Total loss? These cars are paper 20210909_092021