Any issues so far (fit & finish/panel alignment etc)?

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic
Not sure, but it turns out there is also a dent in the hood too. And then... 3 days after getting the computer upgrade to fix the variable RPM problem...... my wife starts the car and half the gauges on the dash do not come on. Combine that with the walk away auto lock not working correctly, and we are really getting discouraged with the vehicle.

I setup a twitter account and tweeted @HondaCustSvc to ask what was up the hood and trunk alignments from the factory on the 2016 Civics. They responded and a couple of days later finally someone contacted me after I re-tweeted that they didn't contact me yet as promised. From the conversation with the corporate rep, I was not impressed. He seemed more interested in what the dealer did wrong and whom, and if, the dealer contacted someone in corporate, or tech line about the various problems with the vehicle. It was as if somehow the dealer was responsible for the factory defects, and they had not done right. Far from what I would expect, and far from what I felt the dealer was doing about the various problems. The problem started at the factory, and therefore the problem rest with the factory. The dealer is simply trying to make right where their engineers and factories failed. Yes, damaged did happen at the dealership, but, if the vehicle's hood and trunk were aligned properly at the factory, I would have at least 2 less visits to the shop, and no body work done on the vehicle. So.... Honda.... I, am in, noway, impressed by your response.
OK, if you can go to the dealer and find one on the lot same color. since the colors are all computerized or find a VIN close to yours. Honda paints a lot of cars in one pass before changing line color. And have the dealer do a hood swap...i would demand it and then the dealer can DEAL with it on their own. Ask for the area rep and ask him the same, do a swap..... feel bad for you. Did it once on a bad bumper of peeling paint. dealer did it.
Sponsored

finalnight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just noticed my first fit/finish issue today. The seam on the outside of the steering wheel is open at the bottom for about a 1/4 inch. Getting it taken care of now in case it opens up more in the future.

manders2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
I have seen two problem so far. One of the screws that holds the rear bumper to the wheel well broke the plastic and started a crack (see pic). The other issue is that the rear plastic trim on the trunk lid keeps popping off. I have tried to push it back in place, but it does not hold. In the picture, you will see the seam when after I have pushed it in place (see pic). Before I push it back on, it is basically hanging on about half-way across the trunk lid.
IMG_3081.JPG IMG_3099.JPG
I have a EX-T that has the same trunk trim piece sticking out just like that... scheduling an appointment now with the dealer to get it replaced. This is just one thing on a laundry list of issues I have been having including bluetooth music skipping, engine rattling at ~1500 RPM's, and the highway speed surging that has been fixed.

dtccivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Oh wow, I have that exact same problem where the panel on the trunk lid is popping off.

They fixed it by reapplying tape. And already its popping off again.

The dealer was surprised that they didn't use a clip or something - just tape.

I understand though. Putting my MBA hat on: Profit = Revenue - Expense.

greyclocked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic LX
Country flag
Want to report that my trim issue was fixed with a wooden block. I hope that other's read this as there are probably at least a few cars out there like mine. I noticed that parts of the door trim did not match (exterior)/were not flush with one another. They fixed this by pushing the plastic pins that hold the trim to the car body in a bit deeper and allow the panels to match up properly. It seems that the factory did not have very good quality control if small things like this slip through....

over9000gingers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
The trunk lid is misaligned slightly. Washed the car and there were no leaks. I feel lucky to have this only misalignment issue. All other panels on the car match up properly, just the trunk is a little off. It's such a slight misalignment and it's not gonna go to the dealer for it, it certainly isn't anywhere near as bad as some of the stuff posted here, but I can't help but feel completely bothered and violated since it's a new car.

Then again: it's mass produced and it's cheap. I don't know what else I personally could have expected.

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic
The trunk lid is misaligned slightly. Washed the car and there were no leaks. I feel lucky to have this only misalignment issue. All other panels on the car match up properly, just the trunk is a little off. It's such a slight misalignment and it's not gonna go to the dealer for it, it certainly isn't anywhere near as bad as some of the stuff posted here, but I can't help but feel completely bothered and violated since it's a new car.

Then again: it's mass produced and it's cheap. I don't know what else I personally could have expected.
My sister just got a new car a few weeks ago, "a cheap daily driver", and it is built quite well. It's seams are clean and tight and for the price, excellent. Yesterday, my loose rear bumper was fixed and today it is loose again, I can wiggle it. Mmmmmm...Honda Fit base...surprised...

dtccivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Mine was pretty bad. I brought it to the dealer, they did a small fix, which then broke the arm. Replacing the arm required the arm getting shipped and repainted. They replaced it, which then broke the other arm.

Now the alignment as good, but that took a while.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Ya my rear passenger door has a mucked alignment. Wish Honda had better quality control on these cars..

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ya my rear passenger door has a mucked alignment. Wish Honda had better quality control on these cars..
My doors are misaligned as well. It sucks. I might bring it up with Honda along with my subwoofer rattle and see if they can fix it when I go in for my oil change. I look at them in my mirrors and I cringe every time I see it.

hondasevilmonkey

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
My doors are misaligned as well. It sucks. I might bring it up with Honda along with my subwoofer rattle and see if they can fix it when I go in for my oil change. I look at them in my mirrors and I cringe every time I see it.
I hear you brother. I complained about my door as well and Honda fix it by telling me that "It's just the characterisics of the new 2016 Civic" or aka. "It is what it is now fcuk off and leave us alone". I cringe twice as hard as you because not only do I have to look at it every time I look in the mirrors, but I also see Honda's service reps laughing at me (cause they actually got away with it) when I look at it as well. I will be staying away from Honda for life like the plague. Their warranty dept. is the worse I have encountered or even heard. Seriously.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Door misalignments are definitely fixable.
Mine was crooked and it spent a day at dealer's partner bodyshop, at their expense.
Got a loaner for a day, picked it up all better.

Just go in on your next oil change or something and as long as you (or the service manager) aren't a dick, they'll fix it for you.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
If you were treated like the Honda warranty reps treated me, you'd be anal towards anyone who criticized you too.
Yeah a copy of your service sheet would be nice to shove in their face proving that I have been discriminated.
There hence lies my doubts.

Honda (and to an extent the dealer) is inherently wanting to make the customer happy, unless they are being unreasonable.

My door was fixed without issue because I approached them politely. I brought my car in a week after I took delivery, told them my door was misaligned, and then showed them another car they had on the lot. Both my salesman and service advisor then agreed, and problem was fixed. Had I shown up and stormed in the front door shouting and cursing, it would probably have gone differently.

I donno if you're just incredibly angry all the time because your new car has ruined your life, or if you're just generally unpleasant in real life as well, but the way you're acting here isn't helping your credibility.

I'll post my service sheet when I get home and find it.

hondasevilmonkey

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
There hence lies my doubts.

Honda (and to an extent the dealer) is inherently wanting to make the customer happy, unless they are being unreasonable.

My door was fixed without issue because I approached them politely. I brought my car in a week after I took delivery, told them my door was misaligned, and then showed them another car they had on the lot. Both my salesman and service advisor then agreed, and problem was fixed. Had I shown up and stormed in the front door shouting and cursing, it would probably have gone differently.

I donno if you're just incredibly angry all the time because your new car has ruined your life, or if you're just generally unpleasant in real life as well, but the way you're acting here isn't helping your credibility.

I'll post my service sheet when I get home and find it.
Thanks ...I would appreciate that.