I work at a Honda dealership...

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T
I love the mature user id of "forumpricinglol". Seriously, that sort of behavior and lack of maturity is something I would expect out of a 19 year old freshmen in college. If you really wanted to get the point across that the pricing discussion thread was useless I would have done it in a different way. Your method just screams immature, brash and impatient.
Also being that I am immature, your civic ex is lame and you should've paid a little more with all the money you saved and bought an Ex-T. :) You would've enjoyed the performance and the durability of it alot more. Hope you leased :D
Sponsored

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Also being that I am immature, your civic ex is lame and you should've paid a little more with all the money you saved and bought an Ex-T. :) You would've enjoyed the performance and the durability of it alot more. Hope you leased :D
I'm fairly certain people are getting EX models here for around high 18s, low 19s for a selling price so I'm not sure your claim qualifies... Besides, you're saying the EX is lame so I'm not sure as a salesperson representing a Honda dealer than you even stand by your product

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T
I'm fairly certain people are getting EX models here for around high 18s, low 19s for a selling price so I'm not sure your claim qualifies... Besides, you're saying the EX is lame so I'm not sure as a salesperson representing a Honda dealer than you even stand by your product
I'm not saying the car sucks I'm just saying the EX-T is a stronger more durable engine. the LX-EX had problems right when they came out but it was a quick recall. The touring model which is the highest package is only available in the 1.5T because its better. Same reason why the hatchback is only available in a turbo. Also I'm not here to represent a dealership or make sales I'm just putting in my input because I know both sides of it.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T
I'm an avid honda owner myself before I'm a salesperson. I enjoy the product very much and love the direction honda is going from 2016--->>

dblshock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Coupe touring WOP Toyota T4R '06
I got Truecar price from my dealer and never mentioned it or Edmunds.

gunbunnysoulja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
TrueCar was fantastic for me when I bought my Mustang. Not all dealers participate, but I agree I would at least strive to get pricing that falls in line with what TrueCar shows.

According to TrueCar, I paid the exact average for my EX-T, however I didn't negotiate less because I got $2,500 more than I should of on my trade, as well as my car was loaded with features that TrueCar doesn't factor that mine came with, such as tint, pinstripe, all weather mats, trunk tray, nitro-fill, splash guards, protector paint protection, and lifetime warranty. I happily paid a reasonable price without haggling, got a bunch of extras, negotiated with 1 dealer solely over text message, and went in that night to buy and all I had to do was sign, no shady stuff, etc. Best car buying experience ever.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I'm not saying the car sucks I'm just saying the EX-T is a stronger more durable engine. the LX-EX had problems right when they came out but it was a quick recall.
You tell that to SteveGG

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
I'm not sure i'd believe anything this troll says. Maybe he works for Truecar, or parks cars for the dealership, who knows.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Joshua.. Not sure where you came up with 19 year old freshman in college but sorry I hurt you in such a way. I thought the way I brought up the point was pretty straightforward. It shows how close minded you are as a person that out of the paragraph I wrote you determined that my username was the most important. And I actually didn't insult anyone at all so I was very mature not brash and very patient because I was looking for responses where you decided to talk shit instead. If you would like to reply with something more useful please do otherwise start a thread "I judge people on usernames"
This reply is proving my point exactly. First sentence you start with a passive-aggressive tone. Moving onto the second sentence and your point, you make the issue of being "straight-forward". I never said your method was not straight-forward I said that it could have been done in a different way that was better. I don't see how making an observation of a brand new user that had no other posts to go off of, uses the user id of "forumpricinglol" can be taken in any sort of serious manner. This is a Civic X enthusiast forum where we discuss the car, I don't see any other users on this forum who talk about Civic X issues with some sort of joke of a name. Besides the troll "mycivicisalemon" and a few other trolls, I don't see anyone else. So please tell me how this is close-minded. It is only close-minded when you go based on no information or facts. You making the point that my observation was close-minded is actually close-minded in of itself.

Now instead of discussing the issue on the "what did you pay" thread, you create a brand new thread on the pricing section with "I work at a Honda dealership". You proceed with your post with "I'm sitting here bored reading some of these forums about pricing and you all are giving yourselves headaches. Its really not hard at all to make sure you are getting a good deal. ".

What you could have done was this.

Introduced yourself saying that you are someone who works at X dealership with x amount of years on experience. You can list any other accomplishments/awards you received to build up credibility. Then proceed to say that the best way to ensure you (as the consumer) will get a good deal is to use the site like KBB and TrueCar. If you want to be thorough, you should have then proceeded to make the point that TrueCar "updates and counts the people in your area and puts them in a margin of how much they paid". Then address the possible issue of places where they have high and low volume of selling. Make the point of how often that site is updated. Now if you can't make those claims then obviously your argument is much weaker. Now other things you would want to address is the issue that some places have low volume sales in which the numbers can be very skewed. This sort of reasoning and laying out of facts would be truly straight-forward and made sure that there are few to little reasons to reject your claim.

Also one last thing I see you made multiple comments.

"Also being that I am immature, your civic ex is lame and you should've paid a little more with all the money you saved and bought an Ex-T.:) You would've enjoyed the performance and the durability of it alot more. Hope you leased :D"

Really? Please continue further if you want to just make yourself look even more foolish and further support my point.

To end this thing, I love how you jump to the conclusion of "talk shit" and go into once again a childish passive-aggressive mode with a reply of "If you would like to reply with something more useful please do otherwise start a thread "I judge people on usernames".

This is what I meant by being impatient, brash and immature. I won't be making any further comments as I don't see anything constructive coming out of this. I would just make the comment that your method seemed to be quite flawed and manner in which you proceeded to get your point across was not very credible.

TETO.

Last edited:

1WickedCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX Sedan, 2007 Mercedes Benz C230 Sport 6MT
I'm not saying the car sucks I'm just saying the EX-T is a stronger more durable engine.
I'm quite confused by you saying that the NA engine in the LX/EX model is not as strong or durable as the current turbo engine. Can you elaborate on your reasons why? For example, the K20C1 engine in the Type R is based off the K-series motor introduced in 2001. I doubt Honda would have used the K-series as a starting point for that car's engine if longevity was an issue.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
There's 0 basis to claim the 2.0 is more/less durable than the 1.5. As you've said, the K series is so, so tried & true now.

Maybe he was commenting on the extra power the 1.5 has, which is irrefutable.

Civil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic '97 (still running)
Vehicle Showcase
Truecar is a joke. Sales people are quick to bring it up during negotiations because it is to their advantage. After you've agreed to the Truecar price they then proceed to tag nonsense fees and "packages" to the quote. I bought my car 2k below Truecar, by using my own method, which is: get a quote from every dealer within 100 miles and pitch them against each other until you have achieved the optimum lowest price.

alpine86

The fact is I purchased my 2016 brand new civic LX almost $1000 less than Truecar suggested value.

I would assume it would be a good purchase if you pay $1000 less than their posted value.
Sponsored