Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is this a hint of a drop? Is it in the works.......
Let me know if you need a test car! :D
Vincent are you serious? Planing to make a fk8 turbo?
Vincent said:
Turbos are very complex in their very nature by the sentiment of trying to have your cake and eat it too.
WIFE, SEX
  • We want fastest spool as possible but also want mad top end power
  • Strike that and call me a maverick, I like my women AND turbos with that lag that presses you harder into the seat than you bargained for! Sexy
  • I grew up with Porsche and loved driving the shop 930 Turbo, I also like old 2 stroke dirtbikes so I relish the non contemporary powerbands ?
  • We want super reliable and great fit but want at as low as cost as possible
  • Yes :)
  • We want to it make 500+hp but I want it to drive just like OEM
  • Nah, we want to drive it off boost and know that the holy realm is waiting for our summons ?
What do we have here?

Honda Civic 10th gen Mitsubishi drop in turbo upgrade for CTR MicrosoftTeams-image (9) (1)
Sponsored

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Typer27

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
What do we have here?

MicrosoftTeams-image (9) (1).png
Any chance your team developing a HVI style intake and inlet pipe to complete the 27Won bolt on experience? I know I'm scooping this drop-in up once it's released.

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any chance your team developing a HVI style intake and inlet pipe to complete the 27Won bolt on experience? I know I'm scooping this drop-in up once it's released.
I don't have any active development on that at this time.

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Learn2turn:)

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW FK8, 2005 S2000, 1995 Miata
Country flag
Well I am impressed that you would follow through and take on this task!
I won't mince words here.
How are you able to leap into this segment AND challenge your established competition?
Do you use a known supplier or send specs to your own machinists?

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well I am impressed that you would follow through and take on this task!
I won't mince words here.
How are you able to leap into this segment AND challenge your established competition?
Do you use a known supplier or send specs to your own machinists?
By not challenging anyone. We aren't making a turbo to beat anyone. I am making the turbocharger we are being asked for. A drop-in unit, with a sub $2000 price point, 500whp capable, and works with all existing parts. We aim to fill the need asked.

Its our specs. We have been working on this for a while, I think will hit the mark for what many are looking for.

Mufasa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
By not challenging anyone. We aren't making a turbo to beat anyone. I am making the turbocharger we are being asked for. A drop-in unit, with a sub $2000 price point, 500whp capable, and works with all existing parts. We aim to fill the need asked.

Its our specs. We have been working on this for a while, I think will hit the mark for what many are looking for.
Pretty damn solid answer. After seeing the file can't wait to see the CFD simulations that results from it :cool:

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Pretty damn solid answer. After seeing the file can't wait to see the CFD simulations that results from it :cool:
CFD will tell us some but is much more complicated in the turbo sense because of the whole aspect of combustion. Most of our testing/data will really be hands-on. Dyno, drag strip, and just beating the crap out of the unit. We have prototypes in motion.

BBTypeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Well that depends , usually I take around hour and 45 minutes to remove the turbo , depending on which mods you have installed , some aftermarket parts such as downpipe could have the bolts more difficult to remove than other etc it has oem downpipe and turbo shields of it just a blanket etc. You need to remove : intake inlet pipe , downpipe , top bar support ( on top of the radiator) and then you will have acces to the turbo . Then you can remove all the bolts from the exhaust manifold, turbo bracket ( underneath of the turbo ) oil line on top and the bottom , vacune and boost line ( bov, and vac line ) and for last one the water line , that is messy soon as you remove that line the coolant start to leaking, you need to get ready a plug for it. Then you can swap the turbo and reverse the steps , just make sure to never spins the turbine with your hands , cover exhaust manifold exit , intercooler hose and turbo inlet housing for prevent any coolant or any particles goes in . And add oil to the turbo before to plug the feeding oil line .

I do my own tunning , so for this customer I just did a quick tuning before go to the Dyno . A Dyno tunning could take around 1 to 4 hours depending on how much are you planing to squeeze from your setup and get everything cover .

Late to the party but why " never spins the turbine with your hands "?
Sponsored