Tony503

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic HB Sport Touring
Country flag
One thing I found strange was the paddles worked in "D" even thou I
was told only in "S" drive?
Yes, again the salesman didn't know. That's how it is in pretty much every car with paddle shifters. The logic is just different in S mode, ie. shift points are higher and revs are kept higher. In some cars it might not shift up for you in S or M mode, although the Civic will no matter what.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Carrera

Carrera

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Share a 2015 Rav4
Country flag
Do you know how long had the Sport been there at the dealer, before you test drove it? Also, what's the name of the dealer.
It must of came in Saturday, atleast that was the day I got a text about it.
I was surprised it was still available when we were able to stop in yesterday.
I figured it will be sold rite of the truck :>)

Lia Honda
They had eight hatchbacks in stock.
Seven in the pic, one on showroom floor.
I guess they are not flying off the shelf.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I've also noticed a number of the dealers in my area still have the same hatches in stock for the past couple weeks. Hatchbacks are a much smaller part of the market compared to sedans.

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I think a lot of people are waiting to see some hands on pro reviews. And there are some people that just don't care for the styling. Especially those big fake vents.

Negan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Batmobile
Speaking of premium fuel, do you guys know what happens if you just use regular in the Sport/Sport Touring models? Do you just get -6hp? What happens to the fuel economy?

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Finally saw a few in person (one blue, one black) when I got my B1 service done yesterday. Much less offensive in person than in pics, but some of the styling cues definitely stand out, and not in a good way.

Add in the fairly small hatch, smaller back seats, weird packaging options...I think 90% of people would be content with the sedan. Get a crossover or wagon instead, I'd go for a CX-5 or Golf Alltrack.

richtj22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4dr Civic LX 2008 Suzuki SX4 Sport
I think a lot of people are waiting to see some hands on pro reviews. And there are some people that just don't care for the styling. Especially those big fake vents.
When do you think the press will get a hold of it? My guess is they are waiting for the models with 6MT and/or the sport touring to come out so probably December to January-ish. Both of those models I am ONLY willing to consider. Looks like we will just have to sit and wait while also praying Si news will come out in the meantime. Oh the drama!!!

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
I didn't notice any difference at all to be honest.
If there was, it was VERY slight.
I did not even know they had it running a head of time until I was five feet from the front of car.
Nobody's going to notice 5 lb-ft of torque, especially when you factor in the heavy wheels. You might notice the +15 lb-ft of torque in the manual Sport.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I want to like the Sport but it's just too de-contented. It's been 20 years since I've had a car without variable intermittent wipers. My last couple cars had heated side mirrors. Now sure, these aren't major features but you get used to them. I also like the fact the higher trims come with heated seats, a sunroof and a 7" screen with Carplay.

I guess if I was 20 again, I'd be all over the Sport. The higher power (needing premium to get it) is nice. I'm sure the 6 speed will be awesome too. For me, it's just missing some key things I prefer in a daily driver.

bsirk3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch EXL with sensing Ordered.
It must of came in Saturday, atleast that was the day I got a text about it.
I was surprised it was still available when we were able to stop in yesterday.
I figured it will be sold rite of the truck :>)

Lia Honda
They had eight hatchbacks in stock.
Did any of the cars at Lia have the two tone int? I've been going to Saratoga Honda, they only have a blue EX and a black EXL with two tone. Love the two tone and it looks great with the black but I don't want to spend every minute trying to keep it clean!

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
I want to like the Sport but it's just too de-contented. It's been 20 years since I've had a car without variable intermittent wipers. My last couple cars had heated side mirrors. Now sure, these aren't major features but you get used to them. I also like the fact the higher trims come with heated seats, a sunroof and a 7" screen with Carplay.

I guess if I was 20 again, I'd be all over the Sport. The higher power (needing premium to get it) is nice. I'm sure the 6 speed will be awesome too. For me, it's just missing some key things I prefer in a daily driver.
It's definitely not ideal. I'm just not sure what to get instead. The Mazda 3 has everything i want, but it's smaller inside and I don't really like the look. Impreza's too slow. The Elantra Sport has everything but not sure when that's out, and I'd want to see how fun it is to drive, since previous Elantras didn't get good reviews in that department.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It's definitely not ideal. I'm just not sure what to get instead. The Mazda 3 has everything i want, but it's smaller inside and I don't really like the look. Impreza's too slow. The Elantra Sport has everything but not sure when that's out, and I'd want to see how fun it is to drive, since previous Elantras didn't get good reviews in that department.
I'm in the same boat as you. I like the Mazda but beyond handling, it's not as good as the Civic as an overall package. The refreshed 2017 Kia Forte 5 SX turbo seems promising but it's not out yet. Same with the upcoming Elantra Sport turbo. I was interested in the new Impreza until I saw the weak power numbers. I was thinking about a GTI but VW scares me a bit on reliability. Ultimately, I'm probably going to get an EX hatch. Not a huge fan of CVT's but I just don't think I'd be happy with the missing features on the Sport. I keep my cars for a long time and this will be my daily driver.

ronmcdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FiestaST, 19 Si, Camaro Z1LE, EvoX, 98 240sx
Country flag
the sport trim seems like a raw deal with the fuel economy compromises for what seems like negligible performance gains. I hope it's just the wheels the contribute to the loss in fuel economy. Wouldn't mind swapping out those heavy stock 18x8's (or so Id guess for 18/235 tires) for some 15x7's enkei rpf1's that are like 14 lbs apiece.

syncro87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic sedan EX-T, '18 Prius Two, '09 Scion xB, '88 R100RT
Country flag
I figured out why I don't like the black trim as much as I thought I would.

It's too glossy. If it was a matte finish, it would be great. For example, the honeycomb parts in the front bumper are OK, but the glossy surround looks off to me. All the black trim should be the same sheen as the center part.

The center exhaust looks cool.

EADGBE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EXL Hatch
Did any of the cars at Lia have the two tone int? I've been going to Saratoga Honda, they only have a blue EX and a black EXL with two tone. Love the two tone and it looks great with the black but I don't want to spend every minute trying to keep it clean!
FYI, Keeler Honda is showing a Sport on their website. I haven't seen it (I'm not looking for a Sport).

I was just at Saratoga Honda last night and they still have only those same two hatches you mentioned.

Let me know if you see a Sonic Gray Pearl EXL anywhere around here.
Sponsored