Drove A Sport Hatchback Today..Polished Metal

Pur3MotioN770

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
You guys are probably going to be disappointed with the exhaust.
I took it up to 5500 rpm's a few times, 2nd-3rd-4th.
I didn't notice hardy any difference between the Sport or LX.
I was ok with that, but expected it to sound alittle louder.
I'm more curious as to what it sounds like from outside the vehicle. If it's not loud, or doesn't sound too different than the other trims, I'll likely just do a muffler delete.
Sponsored

Pur3MotioN770

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Also no "turbo" decal under the spoiler.

I'm going in tomorrow to pre-order a Sport Sensing CVT, still deciding between white and metal. :banghead:
As far as I know, those only come on the Canadian models.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice. Basically what I am looking for except I am looking for the Touring Sport in the same color.

Tony503

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic HB Sport Touring
Country flag
Any noticeable difference in power between the LX and Sport that you can remember? That's assuming they put premium gas in the Sport, but I wouldn't think 6hp would make much of a difference.

Also, the salesman probably got confused between the 6MT and CVT. The CVT will emulate a 7-speed auto in manual mode, so that's why you got it up to 7. I hate it when I know way more about the car than the salesman.

TrollingHard82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R #572, Mazda Cx 9, Yamaha Raider
Does anyone know if the manual sport hatches might have been produced at the same time or will those be further down the line because of the way things work at the factory? I'm eagerly awaiting my sport hatch manual and no one seems to have a shred of info about them. I have felt very mislead by Honda about the availability of manuals with this launch.

neteng101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
& damn that Polished Metal looks pretty damn good! now i have to pick between that and white :/ aw man
Without the chrome trim on non sport models... the chrome trim pics I've seen is just silly with PMM/black trim pieces in other parts of the car.

anntrn93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch Sport Touring
Without the chrome trim on non sport models... the chrome trim pics I've seen is just silly with PMM/black trim pieces in other parts of the car.
Oh no chrome trims. I'm only interested in the sport touring. the only thing I might not like are probably the wheels...they don't look too bad in pictures but i gotta see them in person. I'm probably gonna swap them out for smaller wheels + thicker tires.

GSXR750Pilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport Touring, 2011 Chevy Equinox
Any noticeable difference in power between the LX and Sport that you can remember? That's assuming they put premium gas in the Sport, but I wouldn't think 6hp would make much of a difference.

Also, the salesman probably got confused between the 6MT and CVT. The CVT will emulate a 7-speed auto in manual mode, so that's why you got it up to 7. I hate it when I know way more about the car than the salesman.
Every vehicle I have ever purchased I've known more about it than the guy selling it to me. I almost expect it because if I don't know every selling point and feature about the vehicle, why would I be picking it? It's even fun when I get in arguments over it. For example, I recently went to check out a '16 Civic Sedan and the first sales man I got linked up with argued with me that the Sedans got released more recently (around Mar of '16) than the coupes. I basically told him he was an idiot. What's even better is I got handed off to a more junior sales guy because I was clear I wasn't buying anytime soon and the newer guy knew way more about the Civics. I think it helped that he was a Civic owner himself.

Pur3MotioN770

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Do you know how long had the Sport been there at the dealer, before you test drove it? Also, what's the name of the dealer.

Buns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Swift
Sorry, I can't remember now on the cluster color.

To me, the sport seems to notice the bumps much more.
Funny, I know everyone likes them, but
the wheels are the one thing that kind of turned me off about the car.
Seeing and touching them is different then looking at pictures for sure.
Maybe it was the car color, I think I could like them with a red car.
That's probably one of the reasons why the European version of the Civic Hatch has optional adaptive dampers. Is the US/Canadian version of the hatch getting adaptive dampers as an option?

anntrn93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch Sport Touring
Every vehicle I have ever purchased I've known more about it than the guy selling it to me. I almost expect it because if I don't know every selling point and feature about the vehicle, why would I be picking it? It's even fun when I get in arguments over it. For example, I recently went to check out a '16 Civic Sedan and the first sales man I got linked up with argued with me that the Sedans got released more recently (around Mar of '16) than the coupes. I basically told him he was an idiot. What's even better is I got handed off to a more junior sales guy because I was clear I wasn't buying anytime soon and the newer guy knew way more about the Civics. I think it helped that he was a Civic owner himself.
I am no car expert but I am in love with this hatch that i've done more research about the car than a normal person would...then I call and/or meet the salesperson and they don't know anything about this vehicle ... it pisses me off. If a regular person like me can research about the car then why can't you? you have 1 job and that is to get to know the car(s) you are selling as well as you can so you don't look like an idiot. And I find it humorous when they give you misleading information on the car you know like the back of your hand. LOL

GSXR750Pilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport Touring, 2011 Chevy Equinox
That's probably one of the reasons why the European version of the Civic Hatch has optional adaptive dampers. Is the US/Canadian version of the hatch getting adaptive dampers as an option?
NOPE

OP
OP
Carrera

Carrera

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Share a 2015 Rav4
Country flag
I'm more curious as to what it sounds like from outside the vehicle. If it's not loud, or doesn't sound too different than the other trims, I'll likely just do a muffler delete.
I didn't notice any difference at all to be honest.
If there was, it was VERY slight.
I did not even know they had it running a head of time until I was five feet from the front of car.

OP
OP
Carrera

Carrera

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Share a 2015 Rav4
Country flag

I'm going to say no difference when just accelerating mildly or alittle hard.
On the Sport when using the paddles it did seem to go better, but
maybe it was just me thinking that because the paddles were fun to use.
Plus paddle shifting was a first for me.

Probably did have premium in it because it was low on gas and only had 16 miles on car.

One thing I found strange was the paddles worked in "D" even thou I
was told only in "S" drive?
Sponsored