tacocat

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
My 1992 B17 GSR ran 15.3's stock and revved to 8200. 30 years later and the new Integra is slower and revs to 6500. Honda has forgot what made their cars legendary and is making boring 4 doors slower than their own minivans.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My 1992 B17 GSR ran 15.3's stock and revved to 8200. 30 years later and the new Integra is slower and revs to 6500. Honda has forgot what made their cars legendary and is making boring 4 doors slower than their own minivans.
Just to add on to your last statement, we recently bought a '22 Odyssey. Yesterday I had to pass an idiot doing 10 under on a 2 lane road. I punched the gas, and to my utter shock, you could hear and feel VTEC kick in around 4.5k. It was amazing. Looks like I'll be driving that thing like an asshole more often. :cool:

tacocat

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
Just to add on to your last statement, we recently bought a '22 Odyssey. Yesterday I had to pass an idiot doing 10 under on a 2 lane road. I punched the gas, and to my utter shock, you could hear and feel VTEC kick in around 4.5k. It was amazing. Looks like I'll be driving that thing like an asshole more often. :cool:
Haha those J series are bulletproof, drive it like that more often it's what they are made for!

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
My mom’s 2009 odyssey could smoke my Si. Except may from a 50 roll.

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
We had a 2000 Odyssey and a 2012 Odyssey and loved them both. The 2000 the tranny let go and the 2012 someone hit us hard on the highway and the Costco deal was too nice so we went and got a Toyota Sienna but will get another Odyssey I’m sure if we go mini van again.

Both Odysseys were great vans a s the 2012 actually handled really well. When it was new it felt like it handled better than my old accord. Yes it had some punch.

The 2000 was a bit lighter and I loved that van, loved both but the 2000 was my little work horse and was spritely when you took out the seats. overall it was a lighter van than the 2012 by a few hundred pounds only but it felt lighter on its feet. Had to remove the seats often as I used it to move a lot of stuff like a lawn tractor, oven, all the stuff to rebuild my back porch, etc. at one point I had a set of 17” 2003 Mustang Mach 1 rims in the garage (for my old Challenger) and put them on the van and it looked really cool!

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
My mom’s 2009 odyssey could smoke my Si. Except may from a 50 roll.
Sad times we living in......I think the times of catering to the car enthusiast is over.

CVTsport18

Honda First Timer
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Veloster N DCT
Country flag
Sad times we living in......I think the times of catering to the car enthusiast is over.
I think there's still some desire to appease some car enthusiasts but it's definitely become more of a "this is what we have, take it or leave it" mentality. We're at a point where saying something comes with a choice of a manual is considered a victory when it just used to be assumed. It ain't over till it's over but it sure doesn't feel good right now.

It doesn't help that the used market is straight up trash right now from a buyer's perspective. Even worse when some YouTube dork says "look how cool this old, cheap car is" then its value triples and nobody can find one in decent condition for a reasonable price.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
I think there's still some desire to appease some car enthusiasts but it's definitely become more of a "this is what we have, take it or leave it" mentality. We're at a point where saying something comes with a choice of a manual is considered a victory when it just used to be assumed. It ain't over till it's over but it sure doesn't feel good right now.

It doesn't help that the used market is straight up trash right now from a buyer's perspective. Even worse when some YouTube dork says "look how cool this old, cheap car is" then its value triples and nobody can find one in decent condition for a reasonable price.
I’ll agree well said
Sponsored