Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Yeah they look real nice. I have generic smoked side markers from amazon but the Unity ones look so good.
Thanks. Unity has been great to work with. Along with TSP they are responsible for a good chunk of the important parts of the build. The CTR shifter setup with the full Acuity kit feels amazing.
Sponsored

Alex O

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Thanks. Unity has been great to work with. Along with TSP they are responsible for a good chunk of the important parts of the build. The CTR shifter setup with the full Acuity kit feels amazing.
Ill be ordering them when they get restocked :) Havent worked with TSP though. I have the Phearable 1.5 tune on mine. Nothing but good things to say about that too. 10th gen civics have plenty of great people to work with

OP
OP
2019SportHatch
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I was able to snap a good picture of the DDM Tuning LEDs, the TECHMAX LED fogs, the Lamin-X overlays and the Unity Performance side markers this morning. Nice looking combo!

Honda Civic 10th gen My 2019 Sport Hatchback Build IMG_01112021_073401_(1280_x_960_pixel)

OP
OP
2019SportHatch
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
LASFIT LED turn signals and brake lights went in last night. I originally didn't plan to swap to LEDs due to needing an additional resistor. But, I was scanning YouTube and found ChrisTimeFK7's channel where he used these particular LEDs with no issue. Ordered from Amazon Saturday night and they showed up yesterday afternoon.

The turn signals are very bright compared to the stock halogens. The brake lights are not quite as bright, but they produce a very deep red glow, deeper than stock (no picture, unfortunately).

Very happy with these. Not so happy with the Honda paint and taillight bolts. Removing the passenger tail light not only led to a scratch/removal of paint from the plastic bumper, but I also stripped one of the two mounting bolts without much effort. The bolts are like $12/each, so had to order one of those. The paint was covered up with my touch up paint, but goodness, is this paint soft.

Honda Civic 10th gen My 2019 Sport Hatchback Build IMG_02112021_175130_(1280_x_960_pixel)

OP
OP
2019SportHatch
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I've gotten about 250 miles on all of the mods from last weekend so far and have some additional feedback worth sharing:
  • I've pulled a handful of KTuner logs and everything looks pretty good - STFT tends to bounce from -2 to 3 driving normally, and that means my LTFT has been 0-3 consistently. I got very aggressive on an onramp Sunday and briefly sent knock control to .59, but otherwise it has been solid at .49.
  • The 27won intake has added a much more noticeable growl inside the cabin at 3k+ RPMs. I haven't heard the car from outside, I don't think it has gotten too much louder. I still have the Magnaflow exhaust on my mind, but that might be a harder sell to my wife. Frankly, there's zero drone in the cabin at cruising RPMs, and I'm afraid the exhaust might add some where I don't really want it.
  • The shifting is as good as it's going to get. When everything gets warmed up it's a very smooth and enjoyable shifting experience with the ACDelco FM fluid, Acuity upgrades and Type-R shifter. It's been nearing freezing the last two mornings and then a little more crunchiness seems to rear its head, especially going between gears 1-2-3.
  • With the new intake, FKX high-flow grille and Mishimoto intercooler, IAT1 tends to be 8-10 degrees above ambient with IAT2 being the same or 1-2 degrees higher. Big change there. Definitely getting cooler air into the turbo.
  • The CTR brace has been surprisingly noticeable! There is a curve on my drive home that at 45 MPH always left me feeling like the understeer was getting on the verge of being too much. With the CTR brace the front end seems to want to turn in just a bit more and the corner feels better. I'm excited to match it with the Si springs and sway bar in the spring.
  • No issues so far from the MSD coils and Ruthenium plugs. Initially I felt like acceleration was slightly smoother and improved, but I'm guessing that's placebo effect. Probably a waste of $220-something here.
  • The HASport motor mount isn't too bad at all. There is increased NVH underneath 1,500 RPMs, some of which has softened a touch since installation. It is most noticeable when taking off from idle. I've found you can quickly blip the throttle and then let off the clutch to mostly eliminate this. The car feels so much better with the motor mount in it, but for some the NVH might be too much. I assume it will continue to break in.

JVel

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EXT Sedan
Country flag
How you liking the jets vinyl headlight overlay? I was thinking of getting the smoke bio hex one.

I have a lamin-x yellow over lay on my fog lights. So far so good. I was thinking of buying a jets vinyl bio hex and slapping it over the lamin x cover.

OP
OP
2019SportHatch
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
How you liking the jets vinyl headlight overlay? I was thinking of getting the smoke bio hex one.

I have a lamin-x yellow over lay on my fog lights. So far so good. I was thinking of buying a jets vinyl bio hex and slapping it over the lamin x cover.
So far the headlight overlays have held up well. In retrospect I should have waited to put them on when the bumper was off. It would have made the process slightly easier.

We'll see how all of the overlays look after winter. They're fairly cheap ways to keep the lenses from getting sandblasted/pitted, but after working with the Lamin-X, the Vvivid vinyl used by Jets seems very cheap in comparison. The Lamin-x is much thicker but easier to work with.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
I was able to snap a good picture of the DDM Tuning LEDs, the TECHMAX LED fogs, the Lamin-X overlays and the Unity Performance side markers this morning. Nice looking combo!

IMG_01112021_073401_(1280_x_960_pixel).jpg
Looking great! :)

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Thanks Cody! Funnily enough, we were just hanging out with the TSP crew at SEMA this week :)

Great enthusiasts as well!

OP
OP
2019SportHatch
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I sent a sample of the used oil from the October 28 change off to Blackstone. I don't recall exactly how many miles were on it (I think ~3,000 based on the CARFAX the dealer gave me), and I assume it was Honda 0w-20.

Blackstone was a little concerned about fuel dilution, but everything else looked good. I'm going to run the Pennzoil Platinum I put in for between 5,000-6,000 miles and send off another sample at that time.

Honda Civic 10th gen My 2019 Sport Hatchback Build blackstone1

OP
OP
2019SportHatch
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Haven't done much to the Civic as life priorities have shifted over the past few months. I finally had some time to devote over the last couple of weeks. A few weeks ago I installed the Suma Performance side mirrors. It was a super easy install, and while it took awhile to adjust to the driver's side mirror, I like them.

Today, I finally tackled the Si rear sway bar and Accord end link install.

Honda Civic 10th gen My 2019 Sport Hatchback Build IMG_20220910_190754_(800_x_600_pixel)

I took my time and overall the installation was pretty simple. I think it took just shy of 90 minutes. Thankfully I have two jacks as I found it easiest to load the suspension for the installation while the rear was up on the jack stands. That made it a lot easier to get everything lined up and tight (and the shop manual recommends torquing to spec under load, anyway).

The Si bar (top) is slightly thicker than the stock Sport bar (bottom):

Honda Civic 10th gen My 2019 Sport Hatchback Build IMG_20220910_191143_(800_x_600_pixel)

I'm glad I had bought all new hardware as stated in the shop manual because the originals were pretty corroded:

Honda Civic 10th gen My 2019 Sport Hatchback Build IMG_20220910_191105_(800_x_600_pixel)

I had originally intended on installing Si springs as well (and I even purchased them), but I'm going to forgo doing that. I enjoy the ride I have now and if I go any lower than stock height my wife will not be happy with me.

I know I have a few more things on my wish list, but at this point I'm content with my daily driver. I doubt I'll ever track it, so for now it's relegated to my daily commute and the occasional spirited drive. And that's OK!